America's image worsens under Trump

webfact

46 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

So, you're claiming Trump is a liar? HOLD THE PRESSES!

Now please explain where I claimed that.

Did you read the whole of the link, did you see my comment? Did you see my claim that Trump is a liar, because if you did you have better eyesight than me. The only comment that I made was, quote

"Did you miss this on the BBC News website this morning?

Try reading it as it may open your eyes."

There are Americans on this forum. How about if Thaivisa bashed the UK 24/7 and give the USA a break.

Because it's unseemly to bash a has-been nation. Besides, most of the talented folks in the old world left for America generations ago. Those remaining, however, have added new meaning to 'sour grapes.'

Yes, Trump is a buffoon -- the Founding Fathers tried to set up the system so that only the cream would be eligible for election. Somehow this has come to curdle. But, I have to smile when the buffoon insists that Europe pay it fair share for NATO. But, why stop at 'fair share' -- why not entire share, and let's bring home the troops.... Christ, the cost of WW I, WWII, the Marshal Plan -- all to bail out these losers my great great grand parents left.... And, as I ponder my lost grandfather in WWI, where the US lost over 100,000 troops, and where Holland sat out the war..... I can only wonder why isolationism wasn't on the top agenda of the US back in those days (ok, so Tojo altered those plans post 1940). Today, isolationism, unfortunately, makes little sense -- except maybe militarily, where those beautiful huge oceans keep the sound of clicking boots at bay.

So, I'm not overly disturbed by the buffoon's antics -- less untalented immigrants from sh**t hole countries -- sounds like a positive for America.

And for American bashing?.... I'll contently sit back and count the rewards America provided me for hard work and investment opportunities. As for the whiners ?   Sorry your parents couldn't make the jump across the Atlantic.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Now please explain where I claimed that.

Did you read the whole of the link, did you see my comment? Did you see my claim that Trump is a liar, because if you did you have better eyesight than me. The only comment that I made was, quote

"Did you miss this on the BBC News website this morning?

Try reading it as it may open your eyes."

False news?

What is a lie? 

»President Trump has made 4,229 false or misleading claims in 558 days»

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/08/01/president-trump-has-made-4229-false-or-misleading-claims-in-558-days/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.10eb2c8b1913

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Because it's unseemly to bash a has-been nation. Besides, most of the talented folks in the old world left for America generations ago. Those remaining, however, have added new meaning to 'sour grapes.'

Yes, Trump is a buffoon -- the Founding Fathers tried to set up the system so that only the cream would be eligible for election. Somehow this has come to curdle. But, I have to smile when the buffoon insists that Europe pay it fair share for NATO. But, why stop at 'fair share' -- why not entire share, and let's bring home the troops.... Christ, the cost of WW I, WWII, the Marshal Plan -- all to bail out these losers my great great grand parents left.... And, as I ponder my lost grandfather in WWI, where the US lost over 100,000 troops, and where Holland sat out the war..... I can only wonder why isolationism wasn't on the top agenda of the US back in those days (ok, so Tojo altered those plans post 1940). Today, isolationism, unfortunately, makes little sense -- except maybe militarily, where those beautiful huge oceans keep the sound of clicking boots at bay.

So, I'm not overly disturbed by the buffoon's antics -- less untalented immigrants from sh**t hole countries -- sounds like a positive for America.

And for American bashing?.... I'll contently sit back and count the rewards America provided me for hard work and investment opportunities. As for the whiners ?   Sorry your parents couldn't make the jump across the Atlantic.

I believe you missed that part where aid is paid back 3 times or more! Do your homework, before you brag about your wealth! 

• Like 2

I believe you missed that part where aid is paid back 3 times or more!

You're kidding me, right? The $197 billion (in 2017 dollars) we poured into Europe with the Marshall Plan was paid back 3 times over? I don't think so. Britain got 26% of it -- and I guess that is why they call it a "special relationship" with the US -- they got a lot of fish 'n' chips, and the US thus couldn't afford a decent education system for all her citizens.

Not that it's really relevant but since you raised the issue of the Netherlands. It was never attacked by either Germany or the Allies.

Neither was the US. The pretense for the US entering the war was the sinking of the Lusitania -- and she was a British ship. Holland just found it convenient not to take sides, which I actually applaud. But why the US, who had ever more the reason than Holland, didn't just sit on the sidelines and let the old world get on with what it had done for centuries, is beyond my understanding. Who in the US really cared who won WWI -- it wouldn't have made any difference, except that if Germany had won, there wouldn't have been a WW II.

The USA stood by while Hitler invaded France, etc. and only joined the war after it was attacked by the Japanese.

Exactly! If it wasn't for those Nipponese fellows, you'd be speaking German today. And the US would still be speaking its version of English, with 400,000 less lives loss, and never the worse off. So bash the Yanks if you want, but don't forget your sordid history in the meantime.

• Haha 2

There are Americans on this forum. How about if Thaivisa bashed the UK 24/7 and give the USA a break.

Such arrogance and apparantly proud of it. Tsk Tsk.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Such arrogance and apparantly proud of it. Tsk Tsk.

I thought it was a pretty good post, well written.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

yes, I guess you could say that many share that view.

but

there is also the other view;

that those who did not possess the necessary talent to make a decent living in the old word,

the riff-raff,

left for America

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

You're kidding me, right? The $197 billion (in 2017 dollars) we poured into Europe with the Marshall Plan was paid back 3 times over? I don't think so. Britain got 26% of it -- and I guess that is why they call it a "special relationship" with the US -- they got a lot of fish 'n' chips, and the US thus couldn't afford a decent education system for all her citizens.

Well, Tony Blair standing shoulder to shoulder with Bush with the biggest lie in the new centery! So do not come here and tell me Britain never paid back, and also comes to mind all that junkfood we have imported from US! Shitty cars and bikes and cheap movies. 

Well from joke to serious, we all paid our dept for all war help we got in Europe, and with big interest! 

24 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

that those who did not possess the necessary talent to make a decent living in the old word,

the riff-raff,

left for America

And made it big...whilst the ones that were left behind...remained or became riff raff!

And ended up in Pattaya!

• Like 1

yes, I guess you could say that many share that view.

but
there is also the other view;
the riff-raff,
left for America
You quote me.
But that is NOT my post!
I hope that is deleted and you're more careful in future.

7 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Almost all ultra rich people are thieves or crooks in one fashion or another. 

That does sound more or less like one of the expected spin lines

6 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

You may be right, or not, but who cares?

And that one, certainly is.

Same routine, each and every time.

52 minutes ago, moontang said:

… Trumps approval among blacks is highest for a us president in history.  ...

That's not possible. Sounds like a typical "trump" big lie.

Like what he said, and continues does he (is he so stupid to BELIEVE it) that he won the women's vote in 2016.

He did not.

He won the WHITE women's vote.

Not surprising as he's the president of WHITE resentment and WHITE nationalism. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

That does sound more or less like one of the expected spin lines

And that one, certainly is.

Same routine, each and every time.

Seriously? Wouldn't you have just assumed he would have done these things? I take things like this as a given. Hardly shocking.

16 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Seriously? Wouldn't you have just assumed he would have done these things? I take things like this as a given. Hardly shocking.

I have little doubt he did. My comment was more to do with the expected spins from his support base.

3 hours ago, moontang said:

Amazon just raised its minimum pay to 15 per hour.  230,000 jobs added last month in the US.  Trumps approval among blacks is highest for a us president in history.  My parents started with nothing, retired 25 years ago, and just gave the kids 400,000 THB each for birthdays...they love Trump.

"Trumps approval among blacks is highest for a us president in history."

What's the source of this lie?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, beechguy said:

Generally speaking, if they have a negative opinion of the U.S., especially since Trump took office, that's their problem. I have to say, I was pretty ashamed when Obama was in there.

Well, your opinion is obviously not shared abroad.

PG_2018.10.1_U.S.-Image_0-5.png

PG_2018.10.1_U.S.-Image_0-14.png

Edited by candide
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, beechguy said:

That's their problem.

You don't believe support for a US President from within allied countries is important? Most would call out that POV as "head in the sand".

• Confused 1