What Is Money Booker And Paypal Means?

PayPal is an e-commerce business allowing payments and money transfers to be made through the Internet. It serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods such as checks and money orders. PayPal performs payment processing for online vendors, auction sites, and other corporate users, for which it charges a fee. In October 2002, PayPal became a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay. Their corporate headquarters is in San Jose, California, at eBay's North First Street satellite office campus. The company also has significant operations in Omaha, Nebraska; Dublin, Ireland; and Berlin, Germany[1].

PayPal account holders must be 18 or over with a debit/credit card or bank account and an e-mail address

Moneybookers is the second-biggest online-payment service (after PayPal). [citation needed] The UK-based company allows people to send and receive money via e-mail. Users can send money from a credit card, debit card or transfer money to and from a bank account in most OECD countries.

Moneybookers is free for sellers with personal accounts. Business accounts are available to qualified applicants and incur acceptance fees. Funds may be withdrawn by bank check, transfer to a bank account, credit/debit card or SWIFT international transfer to many countries. As a security measure Moneybookers does limit transfers received by accounts to the thousands of dollars or Euros. Unlike many competing online fund transfer services, Moneybookers requires identity verification before using their service; this minimizes fraud and prevents money laundering. Additional verification steps raise the maximum amount transferable to €20,000 or equivalent within a 90-day period. Moneybookers does not usually get involved in merchandise disputes and the availability of credit card chargebacks may be very limited.

The moneybookers.com domain was created 18 June 2001. As of January 2007, Moneybookers claim to have over 2.5 million users and processed over €2,000 million in transactions. Moneybookers is a subsidiary of Gatcombe Park Ventures Limited.

Under eBay's Accepted Payments Policy Moneybookers and Nochex (UK only), are two of the few payment services that can be offered by eBay sellers

Hope that helps !

Chon

:o

PayPal is an e-commerce business allowing payments and money transfers to be made through the Internet. It serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods such as checks and money orders. PayPal performs payment processing for online vendors, auction sites, and other corporate users, for which it charges a fee. In October 2002, PayPal became a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay. Their corporate headquarters is in San Jose, California, at eBay's North First Street satellite office campus. The company also has significant operations in Omaha, Nebraska; Dublin, Ireland; and Berlin, Germany[1].

PayPal account holders must be 18 or over with a debit/credit card or bank account and an e-mail address

Moneybookers is the second-biggest online-payment service (after PayPal). [citation needed] The UK-based company allows people to send and receive money via e-mail. Users can send money from a credit card, debit card or transfer money to and from a bank account in most OECD countries.

Moneybookers is free for sellers with personal accounts. Business accounts are available to qualified applicants and incur acceptance fees. Funds may be withdrawn by bank check, transfer to a bank account, credit/debit card or SWIFT international transfer to many countries. As a security measure Moneybookers does limit transfers received by accounts to the thousands of dollars or Euros. Unlike many competing online fund transfer services, Moneybookers requires identity verification before using their service; this minimizes fraud and prevents money laundering. Additional verification steps raise the maximum amount transferable to €20,000 or equivalent within a 90-day period. Moneybookers does not usually get involved in merchandise disputes and the availability of credit card chargebacks may be very limited.

The moneybookers.com domain was created 18 June 2001. As of January 2007, Moneybookers claim to have over 2.5 million users and processed over €2,000 million in transactions. Moneybookers is a subsidiary of Gatcombe Park Ventures Limited.

Under eBay's Accepted Payments Policy Moneybookers and Nochex (UK only), are two of the few payment services that can be offered by eBay sellers

Hope that helps !

Chon

:o

I don't know if it helps the OP, but it helps me. Are there any problems or things I should know before hand if setting up a Paypal account from Bangkok? I would use a THB credit card.

Thanks,

• 1 year later...

I have tried to upload money to my moneybooker account with Thai visa credit cards but it always fails...

I tried with cards from SCB,Bangkok bank and Kbank and non of them would work. Anyone successfully uploaded money with a thai credit card?

• 1 year later...

I have recently tried to send money to my gf in Thailand using Moneybookers but I'm having a few problems at the moment.

I transferred funds from my UK bank to my Moneybookers account and then sent them to my gf's email address. She then opened a Moneybookers account and the funds went into that. So far so good. The problem is with transferring to her account with Bangkok Bank.

Due to money laundering laws her account has to be verified and the are several ways to do this.

1. Make a small transfer to her account (less than 500THB) then enter the verification code that appears in the reference field. Trouble is no code was shown and I checked with Moneybookers to find out the format of this code so I would rcognise it.

2. Moneybookers makes a small withdrawal on the debit card if there is one and you send them details of the exact amount in Euros. Not possible as account is in THB.

3. Send image of online bank statement showing:

Your name as account holder

Bank account number

Amount, currency, date,reference of the withdrawal transactions

Moneybookers name as sender of funds

No problem with account holders name even though shown in Thai as they have people who can deal with that. Account number is shown and date and amount of transactions. Unfortunately Bankok Bank does not show that the currency is THB or that the sender/reciever is Moneybookers. It shows as 'Foriegn Telegraphic Transfer' and 'Purchase via EDC'

We are now going to have to send proof of address all of wich is taking a lot of time.

Not sure who if anyone is at fault but it's worth knowing that this is not always as easy as is suggested.

As for Paypal versus Moneybookers or similar method the following link may help

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/f...rrency-exchange

This is a reputable site and although UK based the advice here is probably good elswhere as well, in particular regarding the best method depending on amount and speed.

I hope this helps

1. Make a small transfer to her account (less than 500THB) then enter the verification code that appears in the reference field. Trouble is no code was shown and I checked with Moneybookers to find out the format of this code so I would rcognise it.

I solved this problem with the SCB by asking customer service to contact the department that handles incoming foreign transfers and ask them for the full detais of the transfer as received by SCB from Moneybookers. This then showed the verification code :)

I solved this problem with the SCB by asking customer service to contact the department that handles incoming foreign transfers and ask them for the full detais of the transfer as received by SCB from Moneybookers. This then showed the verification code :)

Thanks. Hopefully we will have verified her address shortly but if I get any problems I will try your suggestion.

I have a Thai Paypal account. They also needed to do a credit card verification. I used my Virtual Credit Card, which I got free of charge from the Kasikorn Online Banking web site. It worked perfectly. Now money from my customers around the world is now paid into my Thai Bank Account.

Chris

Thanks. Hopefully we will have verified her address shortly but if I get any problems I will try your suggestion.

I just got an email from my gf to tell me her account has been verified. What is strange is that just before that she got an email from Moneybookers asking for another copy of a utility bill. Anyway at least she can get to the money now and I don't have to read through statements, emails and bills in a mixture of English and Thai. It gives me a headache.