Pensioner's plea! Thais have robbed me blind and I can't get home

webfact

20 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

For your information  (and Thian's ) if you have a tourist visa from a Thai Consulate or Embassy you do not have to show tickets exiting the country. If you come in on a visa exempt you have to show a ticket leaving the country within 30 days or extend the visa exempt at immigration. Some airlines will not let you board the plane without a valid visa.

If that's the rule, it's never enforced. I have regularly come in on Visa exempt and have never been asked to show a return ticket. I usually don't even have a return ticket to show. 

8 hours ago, blackhorse said:

Nothing worse than a farang begger in 3rd world. I bet if you offered him a non refundable ticket he would beg for the cash so he could buy it lol

Third World ???????????????????? you mean with those who drive Ferrari’s, Bentleys, etc Third World, Stop taking the proverbial urine ! 

1 hour ago, SinCityGr8One said:

What ever this guy's problem truly is, deserves some compassion. I am not astonished by the lack of it by posters here. Homelessness or being flat broke can happen to anyone. I hope the posters here with the negative attitude never find themselves in a condition such as his. IMHO.

The lack of compassion comes from a deep rooted fear that when they run out of money they will run out of the love and adulation they currently enjoy . Major character flaw .

• Sad 1

Over the years I’ve been approached in Bangkok by males from the U.K., U.S.A. & Germany claiming they were stranded in Thailand after loosing their passport and had ran out of money. I was asked for money to buy food but when I offered to buy them a meal, they refused and just wanted money to buy their own food needless to say my next sentence ended in ....... off.

• Like 1

if he 70  he has state pension   next  pay day is 22 october  so i say get looking and go 

bad   image for the x pats  here  

very odd cos Holland has a good pension system .

like always said if u can not afford to loose what u have here then move on 

true he won't get any sympathy from Thais, who he accuses of robbing him but maybe some other foreigner that has been robbed might be sympathetic? Saying that, if the other foreigner had been robbed then he wouldn't have any money either. ???? 

Still can't believe it is for real as all he says was robbed was 50,000 baht which won't last a month if he came as tourist. He must have been there some time?

14 hours ago, blackhorse said:
14 hours ago, chrisandsu said:
Have the Thais cornered that market ?

I'm pretty sure he needs a work permit to sell watches. If immigration/bib see the thai bashing sign he will at least have a free bed for a few weeks

I'm pretty sure you don't have a clue what you're talking about. 

If you owned the watches, then you are entitled to sell them as you wish. Just as if you owned a house, or a car, or whatever else you want to get rid of. 

Only if he was a watch vendor, (ie regularly selling watches) would he need a work permit. Sitting on the street, trying to raise money to get home, doesn't sound like a job does it? 

In anycase, the thai authorities don't waste their time going after penniless people. They only go for the people they can get money from.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Dutch state pension is 50,000bht/month.

If he waits a few weeks, he'll have money again.

So if the Dutch state pension is equal to around 50,000 baht and he has no savings, presuming he is single then how does he renew his retirement visa, which must have an income of 65,000 baht +

Maybe his visa has expired and he needs to get out of the country and cannot wait?

Lots of questions to be asked here.. selling cheap watches on the roadside is going to get him into more trouble.

16 hours ago, YTP said:

Not gonna get much sympathy from signs like that... THAILAND your people (!) STOLE ALL MY MONEY / THAI PEOPLE STOLE ALL MY MONEY

Not gonna get home by selling 200 baht watches either.  Wonder what the story is.

why's got 5 watches?

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So if the Dutch state pension is equal to around 50,000 baht and he has no savings, presuming he is single then how does he renew his retirement visa, which must have an income of 65,000 baht +

Maybe his visa has expired and he needs to get out of the country and cannot wait?

Lots of questions to be asked here.. selling cheap watches on the roadside is going to get him into more trouble.

work permit 555?

18 hours ago, smedly said:

so at 70 he has no state pension from home ? I find that hard to believe, how about booking a cheap room for 2x months and saving your income for an air ticket instead of making an idiot of yourself 

I doubt anyone on this forum can answer such assumptions. Perhaps ask the man himself.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

So far it has gotten him publicity.

2 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Yeah in that pic he looks much more like an organised scammer (beggar).

At 70 ? i would be very surprised.

My theory is that he's waiting for funds, perhaps the pension check, or a repatriation ticket from his embassy, and he's just killing the time while getting some money for taxi and lunch.

He doesn't look desperate in the picture.

Just guessing of course.

I was always told if you are a tourist you must have either a return ticket or a ticket for onward travel out of Thailand .

Has Thailand changed this rule .

Also as the sign is written in English and he appears to be at an airport. The sign is aimed at English speaking Tourists not local people 

It would be interesting to know about this allegation that Thais stole ALL his money.  Does he mean it was physically stolen from him or was he a victim of a scam or his own stupidity here ? But more likely he got involved with a Bar girl ( and her pimp / husband ) 

If it was stolen and reported to the police then I am sure his embassy would assist him getting home, but if he was scammed he is on his own 

I know with the British Embassy they will not give you money or even a loan but they will contact someone in your own country to help and arrange for them to send money to you.   

2 hours ago, johncat1 said:

I was always told if you are a tourist you must have either a return ticket or a ticket for onward travel out of Thailand .

Has Thailand changed this rule .

Also as the sign is written in English and he appears to be at an airport. The sign is aimed at English speaking Tourists not local people 

It would be interesting to know about this allegation that Thais stole ALL his money.  Does he mean it was physically stolen from him or was he a victim of a scam or his own stupidity here ? But more likely he got involved with a Bar girl ( and her pimp / husband ) 

If it was stolen and reported to the police then I am sure his embassy would assist him getting home, but if he was scammed he is on his own 

I know with the British Embassy they will not give you money or even a loan but they will contact someone in your own country to help and arrange for them to send money to you.   

If your from one of the countries that can come in on a 30 day Visa exempt you are required to show onward travel or return ticket within 30 days. If you come in on a Tourist Visa (60 days) or other visa issued by a Thai Consulate or Embassy  onward or return ticket is not required.