The final straw,I'm off

cleverman

15 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

It’s always funny what the final straw can be.

If it’s not something catastrophic, girlfriend stealing all your money etc. I can get the fact that after years living in Thailand, a lack of a masher might just tip you over the edge!

Thailand has far fewer mental health problems and people taking mood altering pharmaceuticals than the USA, I think you may be fantasizing or pushing your negativity where only humor was actually intended.  

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Thailand has far fewer mental health problems and people taking mood altering pharmaceuticals than the USA, I think you may be fantasizing or pushing your negativity where only humor was actually intended.  

You seem to have this fixation that I’m negative on Thailand. We still have a house there, spend at least 3 months a year there.

Is the place unhinged? Absolutely, but I still like like it, just not to live there full time!

As for for mind altering drugs. I’d put money on the percentage of the Thai population who use yaba on regular basis far exceeds anything in the West

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

You seem to have this fixation that I’m negative on Thailand. We still have a house there, spend at least 3 months a year there.

Is the place unhinged? Absolutely, but I still like like it, just not to live there full time!

As for for mind altering drugs. I’d put money on the percentage of the Thai population who use yaba on regular basis far exceeds anything in the West

18.9% almost every day, a nation-leading 28.2% of West Virginians report near-daily drug use.  Almost more kids using drugs in the USA that the population of Bangkok.   0-17 Years Old = 8,389,034 kids on psychiatric drugs

https://deeprootsathome.com/psychiatric-drugs-deadly-risks/

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2017/02/28/states-using-the-most-mind-altering-drugs-2/4/

8 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

It’s always funny what the final straw can be.

If it’s not something catastrophic, girlfriend stealing all your money etc. I can get the fact that after years living in Thailand, a lack of a masher might just tip you over the edge!

It's not that it's a masher, it's what it represents. 

14 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Surely it wasn't just her inability to mash potatoes that triggered you?

No, for 4 days straight she didn't buy any butter for my mashed spuds, on the 5th day I packed her swag and sent her to beyond the black stump. (The Thai version)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The manic said:

Use a fork 

I always mash a full pot of spuds at once, so I'll use a steel masher, which are easy to come by in all kitchen shops and there are literally hundreds for sale on Lazada.

On 10/4/2018 at 2:35 PM, BritManToo said:

I always used a fork, it's not as if a boiled potato is hard to crush.

Put them in a plastic bag and step on them. Toss a stick of butter in while you are at it. Scrape out, add a touch of milk, stir and enjoy.

32 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Put them in a plastic bag and step on them. Toss a stick of butter in while you are at it. Scrape out, add a touch of milk, stir and enjoy.

Don't forget the chopped raw onion. Re buying one to be imported, as it is a luxury item, duty would be too high. 

Use the Wife (not mine  fool), works for me..........can be found all over Thailand and reasonably  priced, also useful for "other" things, a  multipurpose  tool, can work out expensive but easily replaced with and updated  model..........no guarantee  though slows with age and sometime you might have to give it a good  ole  bash to make it work properly, if it  doesnt work properly forget  spare parts and silicon upgrades.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kannot said:

Use the Wife (not mine  fool), works for me..........can be found all over Thailand and reasonably  priced, also useful for "other" things, a  multipurpose  tool, can work out expensive but easily replaced with and updated  model..........no guarantee  though slows with age and sometime you might have to give it a good  ole  bash to make it work properly, if it  doesnt work properly forget  spare parts and silicon upgrades.

Get rid of it and lose a condo.

On 10/3/2018 at 2:42 PM, Orac said:

I managed to find one but it goes all bendy when near anything slightly warm so i assume it is designed for Thailand where food needs to stand for at least an hour before being touched.

If you go to any Central you'll find a whole assortment of kitchentools, in every price and quality.

One thing i learned in thailand is that the cheapest products have the lowest quality...so i buy the more expensive brands that we also use in Europe and they last forever.

13 hours ago, Thian said:

If you go to any Central you'll find a whole assortment of kitchentools, in every price and quality.

One thing i learned in thailand is that the cheapest products have the lowest quality...so i buy the more expensive brands that we also use in Europe and they last forever.

Yeah I'm with you on that.

The OTTO brand springs to my mind

Cheap, destined to last last about 12 weeks before crapping out!

12 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I buy the cheap ones.  I bought a power drill 5 years ago for 300 baht.  I used it once a week for 3 years.  It still works but I replaced it with a cheap cordless.  I bought a referb Note 4 and it has lasted 4 years so far.  I bought a watch that takes my BP and hooks into my phone for notifications for 600 baht. 

12 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I buy the cheap ones.  I bought a power drill 5 years ago for 300 baht.  I used it once a week for 3 years.  It still works but I replaced it with a cheap cordless.  I bought a referb Note 4 and it has lasted 4 years so far.  I bought a watch that takes my BP and hooks into my phone for notifications for 600 baht.