Netflix error, " You're using an unblocker" Anyone else getting this?

steelepulse

Went to watch something on Netflix and they give me the " It looks like you're using an unblocker, vpn or proxy" error.  I'm doing nothing of the sort, still here in Thailand on my local CAT connection.

First article in Netflix help section says turn off vpn, blah blah blah... If that doesn't work, contact your ISP.

So I get on live chat with one of their support agents and she says the exact same thing.  I tell her my situation, same computer, same router, same ISP etc. and all she can tell me is contact my ISP ( CAT).

I don't think if I called CAT and told them that Netflix said that the Netflix error is really the fault of CAT, CAT would do anything.  

Anyone come across this Netflix error and solved it?  CAT isn't going to search high and low for some piece of kit that makes Netflix think I am on a vpn.  I even did an ip lookup and my ip corresponded to CAT ip address.

You're using Netflix Thailand right?

Could be an IPv6 issue?

Netflix supports any IPv6 connection that is natively provided to you by your ISP. Tunneling services that provide IPv6 over an IPv4 Network are not supported by Netflix, and may trigger an error message.

• Like 1

Quite strange. I read that post about 2 hours ago.
Than I decided to watch a serie on Netflix. At the end of the episode I was watching, i got the exactly same message.
The thing is that I am using a VPN to watch Netflix because I am actually in Myanmar.
Netflix is available in Myanmar but as I am register with Netflix Thailand, if i am not using a VPN with Thai IP, it will redirect me to Netflix Myanmar.
However, after few attempts to get rid of this message, i turn off the VPN and restarded Netflix. And then it worked, and Netflix restarded exactly where I was. And I could watch the next episode of my serie

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

If I forget to turn off my VPN, I will, immediately on entering Netflix, get the message, "Oops etc etc" saying I should switch off the VPN (copyright issues).

My VPN service, for which I pay $50 per year, admits that Netflix is, at the moment, impenetrable!

1 hour ago, blazes said:

If I forget to turn off my VPN, I will, immediately on entering Netflix, get the message, "Oops etc etc" saying I should switch off the VPN (copyright issues).

My VPN service, for which I pay $50 per year, admits that Netflix is, at the moment, impenetrable!

What VPN are you using. Are you happy with it?

I subscribed to Netflix and use a Proxy to stream from the US servers and if I don't use it I get Netflix Thailand. I subscribed in April 2017 and the Proxy has never been identified or blocked by Netflix.  The Proxy set-up required that the IPv6 connection be disabled and only IPv4 is used

I use no Apps to connect to Netflix US, US TV, BBC IPlayer or AUS 7-Plus only quick-links on my Chrome browser. I have read that some Apps can still identify your physical location even when using a VPN.

The OP could clear the cache on his router and reset his IP by turning off the power for 5 minutes then reboot it.

I did get that same message, and it came about when I switched to 3BB. When they installed my fiber with the router. I called 3BB and they told me that I should either disconnect or turn off the router for about 10 to 20 cec and then turn it back on, then all will be fine, and to do this 1st a week. I did that and for the last 3months no problems.  Hope this helps all.

59 minutes ago, blazes said:

Netshade.  Yes, very happy.  

Can I use netflix for free or need to pay, any way to get around the pay stuff, have express VPN very good, thks for any input

Netflix has a list of ip addresses it believes are VPN, so CAt might be on it by accident.

Also, it can assume you are using VPN based on dns data. You might want to check that you are using Thailand based dns server everywhere. (USa if going through proxy)

You can also Test your system by  going through True or AIS wifi (via phone or 3g router)