Two Vietnamese men arrested for allegedly pickpocketing German tourist in Bangkok mall

Jonathan Fairfield

Two Vietnamese men arrested for allegedly pickpocketing German tourist in Bangkok mall

n2.jpeg

Two Vietnamese men were arrested Friday at a Bangkok shopping mall for allegedly pickpocketing a German tourist and stealing 2,300 euros (Bt87,000) in July.

Police said the two men, aged 38 and 36, were arrested while apparently looking for more prey at the Terminal 21 shopping mall in Bangkok's Vadhana district.

The two were accused of pickpocketing a German tourist at the mall on July 13.

Police arrested them on Friday after they learned of their identity from security camera footage and spotted them in the mall again.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30355945

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-06

50 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

A relatively petty crime that happens hundreds of times a day.......So why has Big Joke got into the photo op again. you would think he had better things to do since his promotion.

Foolish statement that has nothing to do with the post.

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

A relatively petty crime that happens hundreds of times a day.......So why has Big Joke got into the photo op again. you would think he had better things to do since his promotion.

Maybe you should ask the victims that lose their cash, credit cards , ID etc if they think it is “relatively petty”

2 hours ago, barefootbangkok said:

Wow!  They finally caught someone  pickpocketing who wasn't Thai!

I see you have a thing about Thais .in my opinion more foreigners are the ones who do the crimes . like stealing and pickpockets.  you are a guest in their country please don't knock them . 

17 minutes ago, Penicillin said:

Maybe you should ask the victims that lose their cash, credit cards , ID etc if they think it is “relatively petty”

I was not using the word petty to describe something as not important, trivial, nor irrelevant to the victims but rather as the English definition of the term 'petty crime', as described in the Collins English Dictionary........

petty crime in British

(ˈpɛtɪ kraɪm)

noun
minor crimes such as theft, trespassing etc
He committed petty crime such as minor shoplifting.
a small crime such as minor theft, trespassing etc

15 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

well said 

I was not using the word petty to describe something as not important, trivial, nor irrelevant to the victims but rather as the English definition of the term 'petty crime', as described in the Collins English Dictionary........

petty crime in British

(ˈpɛtɪ kraɪm)

noun

3 hours ago, barefootbangkok said:

Wow!  They finally caught someone  pickpocketing who wasn't Thai!

"pickpocketing"   come on now, no Thai would ever do a thing like that.

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Doh! Because they're Vietnamese so he's there on photo call before deporting them!

1 hour ago, AhFarangJa said:

petty crime in British

(ˈpɛtɪ kraɪm)

noun

So now that you offered an official definition of "petty",  what was your point? Sure l y, if you were robbed (my definition), most likely you wouldn't be talking about semantics.

14 minutes ago, TMNH said:

So now that you offered an official definition of "petty",  what was your point? Sure l y, if you were robbed (my definition), most likely you wouldn't be talking about semantics.

My point, Sir, was why is the top policeman in immigration getting involved in small time crime like this one. I doubt you would see the head of the Metropolitan police in London having his picture taken with someone arrested for stealing an atm card, or the top cop in New York being photographed with a car thief. I would have thought he had more important things to do with his time. Of course I realise here that it is all about photo ops, and being seen.

2 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

I see you have a thing about Thais .in my opinion more foreigners are the ones who do the crimes . like stealing and pickpockets.  you are a guest in their country please don't knock them . 

You are correct.. even Singapore used( still?) to have groups of South Americans working the tourist strip in orchard road targeting tourists. Mainly pickpocketing. The other middle eastern group were into sleigh of hand targeting mainly money changers and shop assistants.. .Seems professional groups targeting tourist frequented  areas anywhere in the world is a common phenomenon.

57 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Some people within this post need to grow up instead of coming here to let off steam !

Quibbling and one-upmanship seems to be some of the TV posters’ pastime..... some posters do give valuable information and wisdom though so I guess you got to take some of the less than pleasant as well...... ✌️

Archived