Bangkok cabby given "politeness training"  for dumping woman in the rain

webfact

Bangkok cabby given "politeness training"  for dumping woman in the rain

6pm_V.jpg

The Department of Land Transport has fined a Bangkok cabby 1,000 baht and suspended his license for a month after he admitted dumping a female passenger in the rain. 

A video clip had shown him complaining about the traffic while the woman in the cab - Kiranaphak Bunnag on Facebook - said she didn't have an umbrella and there were no other taxis about to complete her journey. 

The driver of cab number ทห (thor hor) 8584 (Bangkok plates) was also ordered to undergo what has become known as politeness training before he can get his license back. 

He was fined 1,000 baht for not taking her to her desired destination and had his license suspended for a month. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-08

6 hours ago, robblok said:

I want to bet the guy just went on driving his taxi with his license suspended. 

My thinking exactly - there will be no follow up, as that would require someone to lift a finger. 

The very same driver will likely be driving a taxi the following day regardless of suspension, how else is he to bring money home to his family? 

The fine, 1000 baht is not a great deal considering his 'crime' abandoning a woman, in the rain without further transport. For me, the issue here is the potential outcome should she have refused to exit the taxi (a friend of mine was punched under similar circumstances when told to get out). 

At 3am I have been in a taxi where the driver changed his mind and said he didn't want to take me to my destination, we were half way there & traffic was very light (as expected at 3am). As annoying as it was, at least the driver pulled over and flagged down another taxi for me so no major complaints there... However,  the general service of these guys is appalling. 

My Wife will not use taxis unless absolutely necessary, always using UBER (before) and now Grab whenever needed. When waiting for our new car we were two weeks without transport and had to rely on UBER & Grab - on the occasions we couldn't secure the services of Grab or UBER we had to rely on a taxi... traveling with a 4 year old we had to endure impolite scum, swearing at traffic, driving aggressively etc on about 50% of the journeys.. my wife hated it and felt uncomfortable on many of those journeys especially when alone or with my son (when I wasn't there) as this would ensure the driver could say and do whatever he wanted without any fear of 'male repercussions' (no, I'm not a warrior, but as daft as it seems the childish mentality of these guys means they respond 'better' to another male than to women)....

• Like 1

Politeness training..... what a load of rubbish..... do you think we have shortage of cab drivers in bkk?? they get caught doing this sort of thing their licenses are torn up and gone forever.... they will soon get the picture

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

My thinking exactly - there will be no follow up, as that would require someone to lift a finger. 

The very same driver will likely be driving a taxi the following day regardless of suspension, how else is he to bring money home to his family? 

The fine, 1000 baht is not a great deal considering his 'crime' abandoning a woman, in the rain without further transport. For me, the issue here is the potential outcome should she have refused to exit the taxi (a friend of mine was punched under similar circumstances when told to get out). 

At 3am I have been in a taxi where the driver changed his mind and said he didn't want to take me to my destination, we were half way there & traffic was very light (as expected at 3am). As annoying as it was, at least the driver pulled over and flagged down another taxi for me so no major complaints there... However,  the general service of these guys is appalling. 

My Wife will not use taxis unless absolutely necessary, always using UBER (before) and now Grab whenever needed. When waiting for our new car we were two weeks without transport and had to rely on UBER & Grab - on the occasions we couldn't secure the services of Grab or UBER we had to rely on a taxi... traveling with a 4 year old we had to endure impolite scum, swearing at traffic, driving aggressively etc on about 50% of the journeys.. my wife hated it and felt uncomfortable on many of those journeys especially when alone or with my son (when I wasn't there) as this would ensure the driver could say and do whatever he wanted without any fear of 'male repercussions' (no, I'm not a warrior, but as daft as it seems the childish mentality of these guys means they respond 'better' to another male than to women)....

Maybe they should just increase the fines and let the month of suspension go. Because i think taxi drivers never abide by the suspension (and a whole month of income is a bit too much to tough). So just increase the fine until checks are up to spec.

I watch reality shows about the courts in my home country and if you get caught there driving on a suspended license its a real expensive fine sometimes even jailtime.