Wrong name on boarding pass (AirAsia)

Oxx

I've just printed my boarding pass for a domestic AirAsia flight tomorrow.  My forename is wrong by one character.  What will happen if I turn up at the airport tomorrow with this error?

(I've tried repeatedly to contact AirAsia by "LiveChat" and by 'phoning them, but simply can't get through.)

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

Did you try to log into your make changes section of air asia website?

As long as the rest of your details eg passport number is correct you won't have any problems

Just keep quite

I wouldn't be too sure about that, people have had their ticket void for that reason.

• Like 2

If all else fails what else can you do than going to the airport in time and contact them at the service counter?
"Tommorow" might be a challenge for their customer service response (from what you have described).

Do you have some proof of your payment (account statement or whatever) to proof that you (correct name) paid for the booking?

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Have you tried this already?:

https://support.airasia.com/s/customcontactsupport?language=en_GB

It allows to open "Name Correction" and then probably explain under subject?

aaname.jpg

I have, thanks.  You fill in a form.  Get issued with a case number.  And then nothing happens.

I guess now just have to see what happens at the airport.

I think it used to be the rule that you were allowed up to 3 wrong characters in the name.  Don't know if that still applies.

If you are in Thailand, you can call to Air Asia call center at +662 515 9999 (8am - 9pm) to resolve your problem. They have English speaking representatives. I understand you already tried calling them without success but may be worth a retry later at night.

https://support.airasia.com/s/call-center?language=en

Edited by sanmyintmaung
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Oxx said:

I have, thanks.  You fill in a form.  Get issued with a case number.  And then nothing happens.

I guess now just have to see what happens at the airport.

I think it used to be the rule that you were allowed up to 3 wrong characters in the name.  Don't know if that still applies.

"I think it used to be the rule that you were allowed up to 3 wrong characters in the name.  Don't know if that still applies."

No, that is not and has never been a rule.

In Australia, if someone presents at the immigration departure point and the name does not match the passport, they will be sent to the check-in counter to have it fixed. My advice would be to take the incorrect boarding pass and your passport to check-in prior to going to immigration and have a corrected boarding pass issued.

If it is domestic show your drivers license and not your passport. Works most of the time, though one lady insisted on the passport. But if you say I forgot it, just insist on the license for ID.

I have flown with the boys and got their names wrong compared to their ID, nobody even noticed with those twelve letter names.

Eventually, late last night I was able to get onto the queue for the Live Chat system.  (Only 100 are allowed on the queue.)  An hour later I managed to chat with an agent who (because I had already checked in) had to forward the request to a different department.  I woke this morning to an email saying the change had been done.  Except the name was exactly the same!

I then used the Live Chat system and after a long wait in the queue, the agent was able to change my name and send me a confirmation email.  She'd got my name wrong!

Once again, back to the Live Chat system, and after an even longer wait, another agent was able to get my name right.  Hurrah!

I've now checked in and ready to fly.  Happy ending.  (And nothing to pay.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Oxx said:

Yes.  It doesn't allow name changes.

Oxx,

I would get there and try it on without them noticing. I made an error with one letter with my sons Air Asia ticket and it wasn't noticed. They are not analyzing every spelling on a ticket, they don't have time!!

If you do get through, they will advise you to cancel and buy get a fresh ticket.

You are booked on the flight already. If you turn up and they actually notice, the worst thing they can do is get you to buy a new ticket, so you are no worse off trying it on for this tiny error.

Lastly, check in online, the fewer officials you have to deal with, the easier it will be!

Sorry, just seen you have corrected it by yourself. Panic over!

Edited by Scouse123

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

Eventually, late last night I was able to get onto the queue for the Live Chat system.  (Only 100 are allowed on the queue.)  An hour later I managed to chat with an agent who (because I had already checked in) had to forward the request to a different department.  I woke this morning to an email saying the change had been done.  Except the name was exactly the same!

I then used the Live Chat system and after a long wait in the queue, the agent was able to change my name and send me a confirmation email.  She'd got my name wrong!

Once again, back to the Live Chat system, and after an even longer wait, another agent was able to get my name right.  Hurrah!

I've now checked in and ready to fly.  Happy ending.  (And nothing to pay.)

I really have no idea how this country manages to function. They seem to make even the most simple of tasks difficult.

3 hours ago, 8OA8 said:

Go to the check in desk with your printed boarding pass or booking form and hand it to the staff. Hold back from handing over your passport (basically just be seen to rummaging in pockets or bag) until you see that they found your booking in the system, then hand over your passport where it will receive only a cursory glance at the name spelling. If however you hand your passport over first, the staff will swipe it through and your name will not show up in their system and then your booking is invalid.

Personally experienced this with international flight out of DM two weeks ago 

???? Best Advice Ever!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CLW said:

Try to call them.
I mistakenly put Mrs. instead of Ms. for the name of my GF.
She called the next day and Air Asia changed that without a fee and sent new boarding passes by email.

How they will know your GF is Mrs. or Ms. ???

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 1:15 PM, Oxx said:

Yes.  It doesn't allow name changes.

Their Customer Service is non-existent as far as my experience is concerned. I can never chat and they never return a message. The fact that they send me a survey to evaluate the experience is a joke. They just don't care. Plus it saves them money by not having anyone do Customer Service.

I tried adding a middle initial to my name so it matches my passport. Fogetaboutit.

On 10/9/2018 at 11:12 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

I really have no idea how this country manages to function. They seem to make even the most simple of tasks difficult.

Doubt very much they made the mistake in printing the boarding pass. And after that, name changes on the phone I would not recommend, prone to mistakes.