Seeing Thaksin overseas is no problem: Dr Wissanu

webfact

Seeing Thaksin overseas is no problem: Dr Wissanu

Dr-Wissanu.png

There is nothing legally wrong with Pheu Thai party members flying abroad to meet with former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, said Deputy Prime Mister Wissanu Krea-ngarm.

In response to reporters’ question about reports that scores of Pheu Thai former MPs have been flying to Hong Kong to meet with the fugitive former prime minister,  Dr Wissanu, the government’s top legal expert, said the media should not come to a conclusion that they went there to discuss politics with Thaksin.

“They may go there for shopping, dining or simply strolling,” he said as he clarified that for any act to be regarded as illegal, it must be clear.  “Merely flying to Hong Kong, Montenegro is not unusual, everyone has  freedom to travel,” he added.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/seeing-thaksin-overseas-is-no-problem-dr-wissanu/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-10-09

It is interesting to note that Wissanu makes such statements (i.e.  about allied parties in another thread) and not the EC. The Junta does not even try to hide the fact that the EC is just there to obey its orders.

Another explanation would be that he's just laying traps.

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

“Merely flying to Hong Kong, Montenegro is not unusual, everyone has  freedom to travel,” he added.

NOT when you earn 300 baht per day!...……..OK if you have access to the trough!

17 minutes ago, candide said:

It is interesting to note that Wissanu makes such statements (i.e.  about allied parties in another thread) and not the EC. The Junta does not even try to hide the fact that the EC is just there to obey its orders.

Another explanation would be that he's just laying traps.

This man is as cunning as a Klong Toey rat when it comes to unethical scheming and plotting for a Prayut victory. Other parties outside Team Prayut need to be very aware of his Machiavellian personality. 

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

This man is as cunning as a Klong Toey rat when it comes to unethical scheming and plotting for a Prayut victory. Other parties outside Team Prayut need to be very aware of his Machiavellian personality. 

Yep cunning and scheming, but compared to the cunning scheming antics of trying to get a yes vote for an amnesty at 3.00 am in the morning while Thailand was asleep...

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Really, please share...

You don't read widely. Wissanu say no problem while EC junta crony Jarungvith Phumma is investigating to find reasons to dissolve the party. Moral of the story is that the junta is just packed with liars.  

18 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

You don't read widely. Wissanu say no problem while EC junta crony Jarungvith Phumma is investigating to find reasons to dissolve the party. Moral of the story is that the junta is just packed with liars.  

Any reason to dissolve Thaksin's party is a good reason.

It's time that Thailand moves forward. And that won't happen as long as Thaksin is involved in Thai politics.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Yep cunning and scheming, but compared to the cunning scheming antics of trying to get a yes vote for an amnesty at 3.00 am in the morning while Thailand was asleep...

...they are far worse. Pol Pot calling out Richard Nixon....

2 hours ago, bannork said:

In contrast the E.C. has just said they are considering dissolving Pheua Thai due to Thaksin's continued influence.

This action would stir a lot of discontent. 

Remembering that PT is still deeply connected with the Shinawatras as the associated martyr syndrome still exist throughout most circles. 

The ruling authorities don't know how to play the twisted psychological game terribly well, do they? 

To this day, they still retain those deeply embedded bugs up their backside regarding the Shinawatras and anything related. 

Both Yingluck and Takky have been traveling exponentially - off and on - throughout Asia for the last couple of years. Growing closer and closer in a metaphoric form. 

Personally, I believe something is up and some strategy is slowly being planned. 

We'll see...

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I think he is preparing ground for the dissolution. When the dissolution will be decided by the puppet EC, he will be able to say: "you see, they are independent! I said there was no reason to dissolve PT, and they do the opposite!" ????

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's time that Thailand moves forward. And that won't happen as long as Thaksin is involved in Thai politics.

Well no.  They are the only real party that can stand up to the jackboot party, and they have normal, good, hardworking Thais that support them.  Jackboots vs. Thaksin,   a no brainer, Thaksin, or one of his sisters, or one of his sisters dogs.

These impatient, heavy handed, over simplistic views are what causes chaos in Thailand.  It has to work itself out, or Thailand will remain a basket case and Malaysia and Vietnam will leave Thailand choking their dust.  Malaysia is an example of what should happen.  Same can happen in Thailand. 

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Well no.  They are the only real party that can stand up to the jackboot party, and they have normal, good, hardworking Thais that support them.  Jackboots vs. Thaksin,   a no brainer, Thaksin, or one of his sisters, or one of his sisters dogs.

These impatient, heavy handed, over simplistic views are what causes chaos in Thailand.  It has to work itself out, or Thailand will remain a basket case and Malaysia and Vietnam will leave Thailand choking their dust.  Malaysia is an example of what should happen.  Same can happen in Thailand. 

The PTP is flaunting the laws about letting a convicted criminal rule them. If that means dissolution its their own fault for breaking the rules. No country in the world would allow a corrupt criminal with many cases still tried against him lead a party who's goal is to absolve him from his crimes.

Its time the PTP makes a choice.. Thaksin.. or the Thai people. I guess I know who they will choose.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

The PTP is flaunting the laws about letting a convicted criminal rule them. If that means dissolution its their own fault for breaking the rules. No country in the world would allow a corrupt criminal with many cases still tried against him lead a party who's goal is to absolve him from his crimes.

Its time the PTP makes a choice.. Thaksin.. or the Thai people. I guess I know who they will choose.

The EC have tried a couple of times to find causes of law breaking to dissolve the party. Last year in May when they investigate the meeting in Singapore and recently in their phone linked up on Yingluck's birthday. What makes you think they are flaunting the laws. Political activities and campaigning have not started and none of Thaksin's suggestions have been adopted by the party. Will like to hear your accusation. 

14 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The EC have tried a couple of times to find causes of law breaking to dissolve the party. Last year in May when they investigate the meeting in Singapore and recently in their phone linked up on Yingluck's birthday. What makes you think they are flaunting the laws. Political activities and campaigning have not started and none of Thaksin's suggestions have been adopted by the party. Will like to hear your accusation. 

He is influencing the party anyone thinking that he is not in charge is deluded. Sorry Eric even you know he is in charge and flaunting the law. All they need to do is prove it and with Thaksin his remarks in the past its easy to see he is in charge. So lets wait for the courts.

Its of course crazy that someone like Thaksin who has been convicted can run a party while others cannot after they have been convicted. Thaksin is not bound to any of the laws governing other party leaders that is also flaunting the law. For instance other party leaders need to show their interests and possessions while Thaksin does not have to do that because on paper he is not their leader. So he is breaking the rules for sure. All the other laws governing leaders of parties for checks and balances dont appy because he is not their leader. So its unfair for him to act like a leader without all the checks and balances that come with it. So yes that is flaunting the law and cheating.. on par for him of course.

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

He is influencing the party anyone thinking that he is not in charge is deluded. Sorry Eric even you know he is in charge and flaunting the law. All they need to do is prove it and with Thaksin his remarks in the past its easy to see he is in charge. So lets wait for the courts.

Its of course crazy that someone like Thaksin who has been convicted can run a party while others cannot after they have been convicted. Thaksin is not bound to any of the laws governing other party leaders that is also flaunting the law. For instance other party leaders need to show their interests and possessions while Thaksin does not have to do that because on paper he is not their leader. So he is breaking the rules for sure. All the other laws governing leaders of parties for checks and balances dont appy because he is not their leader. So its unfair for him to act like a leader without all the checks and balances that come with it. So yes that is flaunting the law and cheating.. on par for him of course.

I was only trying to engage you in an intelligent discourse. You really can’t come up with sensible and legal explanation  that he flaunt the law. I get it that you hate the man and will wait if the EC will flaunt the law to find causes to dissolve the party. 

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I was only trying to engage you in an intelligent discourse. You really can’t come up with sensible and legal explanation  that he flaunt the law. I get it that you hate the man and will wait if the EC will flaunt the law to find causes to dissolve the party. 

I just came up with sensible legal explanation its just you who is blind for anything that is not pro Thaksin.

Its against the law to have outside influence.. Thaksin is the defacto leader.. that is 100% influence. Most people agree that Thaksin is the leader i dare you to say he is not. So if he is the leader he is breaking the law. All they need to do is prove it and dissolve the party.

This is not the junta's fault but Thaksins fault for not abiding by the laws. All he needs to do is step back for the good of Thailand. But he does not care about that at all.

Its illogical to make everyone subject to rules and regulations when they are in a political party while Thaksin avoids all those checks and balances by illigaly leading a party. But hey.. its ok for you as long as it gives Thaksin an edge.

I know you love the man and can't see him doing anything wrong. 

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

I just came up with sensible legal explanation its just you who is blind for anything that is not pro Thaksin.

Its against the law to have outside influence.. Thaksin is the defacto leader.. that is 100% influence. Most people agree that Thaksin is the leader i dare you to say he is not. So if he is the leader he is breaking the law. All they need to do is prove it and dissolve the party.

This is not the junta's fault but Thaksins fault for not abiding by the laws. All he needs to do is step back for the good of Thailand. But he does not care about that at all.

Its illogical to make everyone subject to rules and regulations when they are in a political party while Thaksin avoids all those checks and balances by illigaly leading a party. But hey.. its ok for you as long as it gives Thaksin an edge.

I know you love the man and can't see him doing anything wrong. 

Law is law Rob. So far nothing I see of the meetings fluant the law. Nothing that Thaksin said have been adopted as policies not his leadership advise has been accepted. No emotion like you; just on legal technicalities. 

How owe you see Prayut accompanied by the Sam Mitr politicians visiting province. Would that constitute outside influence?  

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Jackboots vs. Thaksin,   a no brainer

Yeah, we all know what lots of people with no brain voted for before the last two coups: two corrupt Shinawatras.

People need lots of fantasy and not much brain to think that another Shinawatra (clone) will be good for Thailand.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yeah, we all know what lots of people with no brain voted for before the last two coups: two corrupt Shinawatras.

People need lots of fantasy and not much brain to think that another Shinawatra (clone) will be good for Thailand.

Snark aside, what are you trying to say?  You are a westerner who believes jackboots over universal suffrage?  That is sad.  So you believe Thais should not vote for who they want ?  You think Abhisit and the yellows are better for the country ?  They get little love outside of Bangkok .   Not sure what you are getting at. 

22 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Set a liar to catch a liar eh Eric?

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Law is law Rob. So far nothing I see of the meetings fluant the law. Nothing that Thaksin said have been adopted as policies not his leadership advise has been accepted. No emotion like you; just on legal technicalities. 

How owe you see Prayut accompanied by the Sam Mitr politicians visiting province. Would that constitute outside influence?  

Law is indeed law Eric. So you agree that the convicted Shin siblings should come back and serve their time? And in one's case face all those outstanding serious cases?

Just now, scorecard said:

Or, el, another catchy saying, your personal reading is so narrow, and deliberately very very narrow. 

I would respond but I have no idea what you're on about.

But I don't see many honest politicians about.

46 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Snark aside, what are you trying to say?  You are a westerner who believes jackboots over universal suffrage?  That is sad.  So you believe Thais should not vote for who they want ?  You think Abhisit and the yellows are better for the country ?  They get little love outside of Bangkok .   Not sure what you are getting at. 

... universal suffrage ...

Well I guess you do have some talent to take the discussion into another realms. 

Archived