NACC executive admits pulling gun on Bangkok cabbie

webfact

49 minutes ago, jonnit said:

It's not very smart to point a fake gun at someone (if it was indeed fake). We've all seen that many real guns are on the street. 

I am pretty sure that he withdraws it from it's holster before pointing it at the taxi driver.

Maybe it was a toy pistol as pretty much all of these clowns play at cowboys anyway (and have the mental maturity of a 4-year old)!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police have also contacted Facebook user “Anchalee” who first posted the clip for more information, but has not had a reply yet, he said.

Ms. Anchalee should run for her life, before anyone in the elite is ordering the hit on her personal life......

4 hours ago, webfact said:

THE NATIONAL Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has given a fact-finding committee 15 days to determine why its assistant secretary-general Piset Nakhaphan pulled a gun on a taxi driver at the Chaeng Watthana Government Complex in north Bangkok

????????

You couldn't make this s**t up! Amazing Thailand strikes again.

What this feckless little boy clearly doesn't understand is that the 9mm in his hand will never enhance the 3mm in his pants!

Prat! Lock him up and have a good laugh at his expense. Make him lose a bit more face, it'll be good for him.

Edited by CanterbrigianBangkoker

maybe they need a new law in Thailand that allows generals/anyone in govt positions to pull a gun on anyone that causes them to lose face, how dare the cab driver honk his horn at him and flash his lights

• Like 1

"Piset said he stopped to confront the taxi driver and pulled out his gun for self-protection...." 

Did not look to me like Mr Piset was in any immediate danger. And he well may have been putting the driver in a position of imminent, serious injury or even death..... over what? His perceived 'right' to drive as he pleases? Another senseless bit of road rage! ????

Thailand, I love it and I'm staying.

But...

I've lived in countries in war time.  I carried a pistol and had a bodyguard.

I've lived in countries in peace time that a lot of road raging warriors.

My approach to Thailand is to view it as a country with frontier justice.  Big guys, big guns, ‘me first', no real cops.

Actually life in the war zone was easier.  You assumed that anybody you didn't know might kill you, be it by gun, car, or motorcycle.

Here people are nieve or get lulled into complacency, but it's very fricken dangerous out there.

Drive like there are no rules and know they will do stupid stuff.  Walk like everyone is trying to hit you.

Realize that most Asians will try to get away with <deleted> and Western rules don't apply.

And have fun and enjoy life!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonnit said:

It's not very smart to point a fake gun at someone (if it was indeed fake). We've all seen that many real guns are on the street. 

This guy is being given plenty of time to hide the real gun and then go out and buy a fake gun, which he will then claim was the one used in this incident.  How could anyone then dispute his claim?  I think this is how things will turn out, with a much lesser charge (if any) for wielding a fake gun.  Then, no problem, back to work in his very important position in the Government.

2 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

This guy is being given plenty of time to hide the real gun and then go out and buy a fake gun, which he will then claim was the one used in this incident.  How could anyone then dispute his claim?  I think this is how things will turn out, with a much lesser charge (if any) for wielding a fake gun.  Then, no problem, back to work in his very important position in the Government.

Thats what I think will happen as well...

Plastic BB gun will be much less trouble than a real gun...I expect.

4 minutes ago, Juan B Tong said:

Thailand, I love it and I'm staying.

But...

I've lived in countries in war time.  I carried a pistol and had a bodyguard.

I've lived in countries in peace time that a lot of road raging warriors.

My approach to Thailand is to view it as a country with frontier justice.  Big guys, big guns, ‘me first', no real cops.

Actually life in the war zone was easier.  You assumed that anybody you didn't know might kill you, be it by gun, car, or motorcycle.

Here people are nieve or get lulled into complacency, but it's very fricken dangerous out there.

Drive like there are no rules and know they will do stupid stuff.  Walk like everyone is trying to hit you.

Realize that most Asians will try to get away with <deleted> and Western rules don't apply.

And have fun and enjoy life!

Hello and need to tell you that I am having fun and enjoying life without having a bodyguard or firearm. Don't see the need as I live on the right side of the law. You must be doing something that needs protection or somewhere that has frontier justice. Good luck.

22 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Don't expect much of any punishment for this NACC bloke. Either a slap on the wrist like a soft transfer or the investigation will procrastinate endlessly like the watchgate. This agency is broken in so many ways and should be put to rest. 

They probably use the same excuse you use.. that they should put other criminals in jail before starting with these. That is the problem with an argument like that no justice will ever happen as you can use this excuse always. 

This guy should be in jail for sure pulling out a gun, it also shows the guy is totally unsuitable for his job.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

shows a man resembling Piset draw a pistol and point it at the taxi driver. 

Yes, we must remember that it could have been a crack impersonator, along with an impersonator of his wife, driving to his place of work on a work day just randomly.  Must be careful to acknowledge all possibilities here.  How noble of him to admit that's him being a total jerk.  

insisted this was a personal matter and had nothing to do with his official position or duties.

Right, because nothing says "worthy of heading anti-corruption forces" like "hot tempered ass with a gun fetish."  

Piset has given permission for police to search his house without a warrant. 

How wonderful of him, because if they had a warrant, he couldn't tell them where they could search or tell them when to stop if they get close to discovering something.  Not that they would be looking very hard anyhow.  

Piset said he stopped to confront the taxi driver and pulled out his gun for self-protection, but had no intention of firing it.

Yes, clearly he had no intention of firing it, that's why he pointed it at him.  

Oh Thailand, you have very little credibility because of your buffoonery.  With idiots like this at the helm, it's no wonder that the streets are full of potholes and trash.  

My mind wanders to the story of the girl claiming rape and the officials that flew there to interrogate her and claimed she gave no evidence.  Did they pull a gun on her too?  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, robblok said:

They probably use the same excuse you use.. that they should put other criminals in jail before starting with these. That is the problem with an argument like that no justice will ever happen as you can use this excuse always. 

This guy should be in jail for sure pulling out a gun, it also shows the guy is totally unsuitable for his job.

Certainly don't see any serious investigation judging from the statement made by the NACC. They embarking a "fact-finding' panel and will be done by their own NACC team. What hope? As you said, this guy has broke the firearm law and should be investigated by the police. The NACC should just do the necessary and sacked him; period. 

I would like to see the video footage prior to the clip shown. I would be willing to bet that there is something the taxi driver doesn't want us to see. In the clip posted, Piset comes flying past him, and seems to purposely swerve at the taxi. Piset chooses a place to stop where the taxi driver cannot pass him. I'm not saying it's ok to pull a gun (real or fake) out of road rage, but there may be more to this incident than the video shows. I have certainly wanted to shoot more than few taxi drivers in Bangkok because they were driving like dicks. Just saying....

22 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Certainly don't see any serious investigation judging from the statement made by the NACC. They embarking a "fact-finding' panel and will be done by their own NACC team. What hope? As you said, this guy has broke the firearm law and should be investigated by the police. The NACC should just do the necessary and sacked him; period. 

Eric, your bright you must understand that there are TWO investigations one criminal by the police and one by the NACC to see if this has any influence on his job. So two separate ones not just one. I don't see the NACC one going anywhere because they have the same attitude as you do. (the attitude that the law should only be applied after others have been punished (you know your mantra) instead of punishing everyone that is why i don't like your attitude because then nobody gets punished)

This guy should be in jail for the firearms crime.. and maybe also expelled from NACC because he is unsuitable IMHO. 

• Like 1

Nothing to see here.

No doubt envelopes will change hands to make this appear to be another big misunderstanding. This NACC official will continue in his "job" and continue driving around with a gun and believing he is untouchable. Which he probably is.

Instead of getting involved in twerking dancers, the PM should get involved in serious issues like this to prove he is sincere about cleaning things up. But he won't, he will continue being sanctimonious and doing absolutely nothing of note.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Well, he will certainly go to jail for this. 

A member of the NACC executive will definitely, 100% for sure, absolutely, have the proverbial book thrown at him!!!

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Sorry! Sometimes I write the most ridiculous things...

(sarcasm alert)

Are you sure? Me think a slap on the wrist and 500 bath fee. 

4 hours ago, jayboy said:

Somehow this comment from the NACC secretary-general is for me anyway one of the most depressing and symptomatic aspects of the whole sordid story.

You are right on.  100% correct.  Indicative of what is wrong with Thailand.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

THE NATIONAL Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has given a fact-finding committee 15 days to determine why its assistant secretary-general Piset Nakhaphan pulled a gun on a taxi driver at the Chaeng Watthana Government Complex in north Bangkok

Easy, he's a nutter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Well, he will certainly go to jail for this. 

A member of the NACC executive will definitely, 100% for sure, absolutely, have the proverbial book thrown at him!!!

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Sorry! Sometimes I write the most ridiculous things...

(sarcasm alert)

Be fair, let the erstwhile expedient police carry out the voluntary allowed search of the house.

Probably find the gun was just a toy after all; the taxi doesn't want to proceed with any complaint; a nice wai and this misunderstanding can all be forgotten!

Meanwhile, back to normal.

????

Edited by Baerboxer