TM30 required for o visa application?

There is no requirement listed for proof of accomodation / rental documents on https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

However on different advise blogs and the experience of some when applying for the O visa (on a visa except - applying CW Bangkok) there has been a request to see proof of accommodation.

Hence my question - is any proof of rental agreement or even the full blown TM30 required for o visa application?

3 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Depends on where you apply. They can request additional documents not listed. You’ll need to ask the office you’re applying at for a definitive answer. OR just take a TM.30 with you when you apply.

I'm applying CW Bangkok - What is the policy there?

Since proprietors  register their rental guests with immigration via an online registration system, Looking at this from a different view. - Does Bangkok immigration have access to this system?

Or since they do not issue the O Visa immediately - Must return 1 or 2 weeks after application - Do they check this as part of the 1 or 2 weeks processing they do?

Yes, they will be able to see if a TM.30 report has been made. But some offices (I don’t think CW is one) want a TM.30 completed — regardless if they have one on file — as a form of proof of address.

CW don’t, generally, enforce the TM.30 rules. They will almost certainly want to see a rental contract or some form of proof of address.

• Like 2

A TM30 is not a proof of address it is only a notification that an alien stays there. What I believe you will need is a rental lease contract or similar type of document that is proof of your address.

20 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

A TM30 is not a proof of address it is only a notification that an alien stays there. What I believe you will need is a rental lease contract or similar type of document that is proof of your address.

Some offices will insist on a TM.30 completed by the owner/house-master as proof/confirmation of address. It is corroboration from a third party that the alien is living where they say they live.

I did my O visa application today in Bangkok - They Definitely want TM.30 notified on the tear off bit at the bottom of the TM.30.

Notification occurs in the 'A' section of the immigration building - Application for 'O' Visa happens in the 'C1' section (right next door by a few metres) - Don't expect to have a meaningful conversation in the 'C1' section about TM.30 they just want you to have one.

Hence if you don't have one before you get there - You need to be having conversation with 'A' section before you apply for the 'O' visa asking them what they need while asking your House Master what they have for you to take.  

This sounds simple, right!

- But I was surprised that the condo I have lived in for the last seven years (84 units) - The owner said in the last 6 weeks this was now the very first time he has actually been required to get the tear off bit at the bottom of the TM.30 back from immigration signed as proof of address notification.

Before this he simply handed over bundles of TM.30's to the local police and got a signature for receipt of the numbers of TM.30 forms provided. Any further dialogue on these supplied TM.30's was then through the police receiving the bundles, not with immigration.  

I am not sure if this is an isolated condo owner or its a much more general methodology used by many more condo owner. 

And while my experience has only been for a visa application this might have some implications to Visa extensions.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, spambot said:

- But I was surprised that the condo I have lived in for the last seven years (84 units) - The owner said in the last 6 weeks this was now the very first time he has actually been required to get the tear off bit at the bottom of the TM.30 back from immigration signed as proof of address notification.

Requiring TM-30s from applicants for extensions is a new thing at CW.  The law is not new, so the owner was wise to cover his bases - but it was well-known that it was unnecessary for applicants, until it recently became "required."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Requiring TM-30s from applicants for extensions is a new thing at CW.  The law is not new, so the owner was wise to cover his bases - but it was well-known that it was unnecessary for applicants, until it recently became "required."

Mean now it's always required to do the TM30 everytime you back from outside Thailand?
Or only 1 time as long you stay at the same address?

3 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Requiring TM-30s from applicants for extensions is a new thing at CW. 

Thus far it has only been reported as being needed to apply for a non immigrant visa entry. I think they are doing that to insure people are actually living in Bangkok when they do the application.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thus far it has only been reported as being needed to apply for a non immigrant visa entry. I think they are doing that to insure people are actually living in Bangkok when they do the application.

Interestingly - I was asked to give them my mobile number - So the officer can call me - When they come out to actually visit / validate the address i entered on the TM.30 form. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spambot said:

Interestingly - I was asked to give them my mobile number - So the officer can call me - When they come out to actually visit / validate the address i entered on the TM.30 form. 

Same as what another member posted as well.

I think that is wanted by the senior officer that approves the visa applications. He wants confirmation of where a person is living in Bangkok.

• Like 1