THAI to push reforms after unsavoury pilot standoff

webfact

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

Would that really matter if they were assigned those First Class seats?    I've been on plenty of overbooked flights

where the airline staff was tasked with enticing passengers to give up their seats by offering compensation.     It always works.

Did Thai Air staff offer any compensation to the affected passengers or does the Thai Air company policy not allow for such a thing?

My point was and is, if you pay for business class and get upgraded to first, you have no case to argue about being moved back to business.

It’s disappointing, but you have no grounds to refuse to move back to the type of seat you paid for. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Seems to me there is a case for a hard nose to get heavy with some elements of Thai staff and cancel their perks, kill freebies for hangers on, re-training for all, new and enforced recruitment policies which kill nepotism, and install a monitored performance appraisal process which ensures that all employees DON'T get the highest personal performance rating. And a retrenchment program to get the diehards out of Thai.

Some folks might know that years back Thai sent a proportion of their new cabin crew to cabin crew training in Singapore at the SIA school. They came back to Thailand and into full cabin service in Thai. The whole idea was cancelled within a few months. Why? Because the old cabin staff ostracized the SIA trained staff. The powers that be should have nipped this in the bud to ensure the take up of the new (to Thai) SIA training outcomes, they didn't, too many famous family names in the picture.

In fact if something like the above doesn't happen then nothing will change.

Thais cannot tolerate ANYONE outside of Thailand and/or non Thai telling them how to improve. It's their single biggest cultural flaw and what holds this country back 

Archived