Canadian rapper dies after falling off plane wing during music video shoot

snoop1130

Canadian rapper dies after falling off plane wing during music video shoot

By Rhian Daly

Screen-Shot-2018-10-23-at-13.23.28-1220x775.png

Jon James McMurray Credit: Jon James/YouTube

A Canadian rapper has died after falling off the wing of a plane while shooting a music video.

Jon James McMurray, who performed under the name Jon James, was filming in British Columbia on Saturday (October 20) when he fell from the plane.

In a statement, his management described the 34-year-old as a “beacon of light to follow your dreams.”

They explained that McMurray had trained “intensively” for the stunt, which saw him rap while walking on the wing of a plane.

Full Story: https://www.nme.com/news/music/canadian-rapper-dies-plane-wing-music-video-2392906

His friends or relatives certainly aren't shy when it comes to asking for funds for him.

"A GoFundMe page has been set up to help celebrate his life and “get his stuff out there to the world in the right way.” The page’s target is $10 million CAD (£5.9 million) – at the time of writing, $1,085 (£638) has been raised."

That would be a hell of a celebration.

42 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

His friends or relatives certainly aren't shy when it comes to asking for funds for him.

"A GoFundMe page has been set up to help celebrate his life and “get his stuff out there to the world in the right way.” The page’s target is $10 million CAD (£5.9 million) – at the time of writing, $1,085 (£638) has been raised."

Snorting coke isnt cheap obviously

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

The plane was flying at the time. Wing walking (rapping) without a safety harness!

No wonder it ended badly. 

now I understand why this was posted under "entertainment"

may the dipstick Rest in Peace.

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

I'm going to have a closer look at this GoFundMe malarkey. Even if I only get 300 quid, that's a dirty weekend in Pattaya well sorted or as Toby Keith sang, "I'm not as good as I once was but I'm good once as I ever was."

Posters to this thread did not offer much (if any) RIP or condolences. I understand. Neither did I (as a "fellow" Canadian). What an idiot.

And the Go Fund Me effort to raise 10 million is a disgrace.

In the main source article, it says he had a parachute. He held on to the wing after losing his footing. Unfortunately, he couldn't maintain his grip on the wing. When he lost his grip, he was too close to the ground for the parachute to open in time. Sounds like he "trained intensively" for the wing walk, but not so intensively for emergency measures. Got to wonder how many free fall jumps he made before trying this stunt. Judging from his reaction to hold on to the wing despite having a parachute, he probably had little if any skydiving experience.

Archived