7 Eleven rant

bluesofa

2 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

If you'd have pm'd NCC1701A you'd have got the wrong info. All the 7-11's I've been in sell the small ones for 20THB and the large ones for 37THB.

Besides I'd suggest if you've been "Been trying for over half an hour now." to get 7-11 on the phone to talk about this you have bigger issues than the price of bread in a 7-11.

Looks like I have - local price variations too. I paid 40 Baht for the larger loaf, so in my case it was correct, but it appears from your post they seem to adjust prices to what they feel the market will stand locally.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like I have - local price variations too. I paid 40 Baht for the larger loaf, so in my case it was correct, but it appears from your post they seem to adjust prices to what they feel the market will stand locally.

Yup, 37 baht for me up here in Cheapcharleyville !

Used to eat the Farmhouse wholewheat but have discovered my local Big C makes their own wholewheat bread for 33 baht , actually very good and goes mouldy if not eaten within a week ( a good sign I think ).

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Because there was a bloody long queue, with only one cashier and two of the people in the front were ordering microwave food.

Besides, I wanted to know the difference in price between the small loaf and the large loaf, to know which was better value, in order to buy a few and put them in the freezer.

What happened to the idea of customer service and showing the price on the shelf?

That's a western idea, Thai don't like it because they can't overcharge/cheat if the price is shown.

Same goes for clothing, the price is always hidden somewhere deep in the item..when i have to search for it i always squeeze the pricetag hard so it looks crappy after that...hope they can't sell it after that.

So i like to buy clothes in Singapore during a visarun/holiday...no cheating there and they all speak english and have good manners (no nosedigging or being uninterested).

Internetshopping will get huge in Thailand i reckon. No more dirty tricks.

Because there was a bloody long queue, with only one cashier and two of the people in the front were ordering microwave food.

Besides, I wanted to know the difference in price between the small loaf and the large loaf, to know which was better value, in order to buy a few and put them in the freezer.

What happened to the idea of customer service and showing the price on the shelf?

Methinks there's a need for a Gocompare type website to check and cross ref who's doing what for how much that can be constantly updated by members on their visits .. In the absence of that today I'd dive into my nearest Sof' to have a compare up for you but I'm abit wary going into 7/11's now after that cruddy old truck bowled it's rear wheels thru the front of one last week .. 

9 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Methinks there's a need for a Gocompare type website to check and cross ref who's doing what for how much that can be constantly updated by members on their visits .. In the absence of that today I'd dive into my nearest Sof' to have a compare up for you but I'm abit wary going into 7/11's now after that cruddy old truck bowled it's rear wheels thru the front of one last week .. 

Oh yeah, the one that became a drive-thru.

1 minute ago, janclaes47 said:

I thought in the OP you were talking about bread.

Yes. There's a brand of bread called Farmhouse.

The red plastic bag is white bread. The green plastic bag is wholemeal bread.

Both are sliced, and are sold in a small size and a large size.

As you can see, my rant is not only about the lack of price labels, but the fact I can't even contact 7 Eleven to ask about it.

Please tell us more about your life.

It sounds like you spend an hour to buy bread for 40B and then you spend at least another hour to try to contact 7/11.

And now you spend your time in this forum to write about these exiting events.

What else do you do? Maybe you should have your own YouTube channel. Something like "My daily challenges"...

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Where were you in a hurry to go?

This is Thailand, the country that absolutely knows nothing about customer service.

Must be a bad day to post about a loaf of bread.

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Well it suckered you in!

As you can see, my rant is not only about the lack of price labels, but the fact I can't even contact 7 Eleven to ask about it.

7-11 is too busy to deal with these kinds of questions.

If you need bread or anything else, you buy it.

If you are impatient and cannot stand in line, Thailand is not the place for you.

The amount of effort you have wasted for 20 or 40 baht?

Just ludicrous.

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

£2.49 for mince pies .! Aldi's and the other one Lidl'll be doing 6 for a squid shortly .. 

( edit just seen the Waitrose bit )

Mince pies in supermarkets that mean's Christmas is coming .......Beam me up, Scottie .

36 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I like the 7-11, 15 bhat fruit bun, I recently bought a ceramic knife and I'm going to slice the bun long-ways then across and pop a couple of pieces in the toaster. Not tonight though; been on the mushroom wine. The ceramic knives are very sharp. Could do without a trip to the hospital.

The bread in Big C is nice but thick. With the new knife I'm going to try slicing the slices through and get two slices.

Sorry about the trouble you had contacting 7-11 head office. Can be frustrating in LOS at times.

Our closest 7 has bread delivery at 3pm after about 1 hour all large green loaves are always gone..so always buy 2 

Theres still pile of crap red stuff left and it seems to get sent back the following day

Or there is that other stuff in a gold (?) coloured bag with slices about an inch thick !!, get about 5 slices in a bag................oh and forget about trying to get em in the toaster !!

Makro does the best sliced bread. Large, thick sliced toast loaf, white or wholemeal, 39 baht. Keeps a couple of weeks in the fridge or years in the freezer.

Off topic slightly but does anyone know where I can get proper mince pies around Christmas? Never been able to find them.

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Or there is that other stuff in a gold (?) coloured bag with slices about an inch thick !!, get about 5 slices in a bag................oh and forget about trying to get em in the toaster !!

Great reply AD. If they are too thick for the toaster try what I suggest. Get a ceramic knife and slice them through. Then you have 10 slices for the price of 5; but more importantly they will slip into the average toaster comfortably. 

59 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Please tell us more about your life.

It sounds like you spend an hour to buy bread for 40B and then you spend at least another hour to try to contact 7/11.

And now you spend your time in this forum to write about these exiting events.

What else do you do? Maybe you should have your own YouTube channel. Something like "My daily challenges"...

I have a youtube channel, but it's by invitation only. You wouldn't believe how popular videos can be about watching paint dry.

34 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

7-11 is too busy to deal with these kinds of questions.

If you need bread or anything else, you buy it.

If you are impatient and cannot stand in line, Thailand is not the place for you.

The amount of effort you have wasted for 20 or 40 baht?

Just ludicrous.

It's a good hobby. You seem to be enjoying too, thanks for replying.

18 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

if you don't like it here go back to your home country.

A tad below the belt there watcharacters. Bluesofa is obviously frustrated about 7-11. I hear him loud and clear.

I went into a 7-11 in Cricklewood (west London) to buy a Sunday paper at about 9 in the evening. They had allready parceled the papers up ready to be shipped out. I complained to their head-office and complained to my local MP also.

Archived