7 Eleven rant

bluesofa

I hope this is the right forum.

Went into a local 7 Eleven to buy some bread. There were over half-a-dozen different variations/packet sizes. There was only one price on the ledge immediately below the shelf with a price label on, it was obvious it was not the price of the bread above.

I had a quick scan around at other non-bread items nearby which had the same lack of price markings.

Bought the bread (although had to buy it to discover the price).

Got home and thought I'd email 7 Eleven to ask why they don't display the prices of all their products.

That was an impossible task too.

Firstly, I couldn't find an icon to change the language to English. Having said that, the main menu only is in English, with all other info in Thai.

Clicked on 'Contact Us'. All the contact form details are only in Thai.

Eventually saw 'FAQ' and that had a Bangkok phone number, with all the details, again in Thai. The number was 02-711-7777

Called it. The number didn't work either. Tried via AIS and DTAC, both failed to connect. Been trying for over half an hour now.

What a useless set of tossers.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BritManToo said:

Why not pick up the loaf, take it to the checkout and ask the price?

Tao Rai kap?

Because there was a bloody long queue, with only one cashier and two of the people in the front were ordering microwave food.

Besides, I wanted to know the difference in price between the small loaf and the large loaf, to know which was better value, in order to buy a few and put them in the freezer.

What happened to the idea of customer service and showing the price on the shelf?

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

20 and 40 baht

It was the Farmhouse brand in the green wrapper - wholemeal bread. In the end by making the purchase I knew the large loaf was 40 Baht, yes.

You're a fountain of knowledge, I should have pm'ed you from the 7 Eleven!

I had the same thing happen in Tesco, I was looking to buy coffee and saw this new product with the all in one.  It was double the shot and some really cool looking dude with Tom Cruise sunnies and hot sports car, I was thinking yeah thats me. I couldnt find the price for the life of me, the coffee to the left and right no problem price under them.  I too couldnt be bothered  getting a price check and thinking what moron goes to the effort loading the shelf and cant sort a simple price tag.  Pissed off I bought some almond crap coffee and will choke that down for the next 2 weeks. Well played Mr tesco on palming that off.

4 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

All round yours for a sandwich? had the same in Waitrose yesterday with mince pies marked up as a pound but was £2.49 at the till wanted to maim the cashier but had to give in and pay the world gone mad ????  

£2.49 for mince pies .! Aldi's and the other one Lidl'll be doing 6 for a squid shortly .. 

( edit just seen the Waitrose bit )

5 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

I had the same thing happen in Tesco, I was looking to buy coffee and saw this new product with the all in one.  It was double the shot and some really cool looking dude with Tom Cruise sunnies and hot sports car, I was thinking yeah thats me. I couldnt find the price for the life of me, the coffee to the left and right no problem price under them.  I too couldnt be bothered  getting a price check and thinking what moron goes to the effort loading the shelf and cant sort a simple price tag.  Pissed off I bought some almond crap coffee and will choke that down for the next 2 weeks. Well played Mr tesco on palming that off.

I know Big C have a few wall-mounted scanners that will tell you the price of an item. No idea if other supermarkets have them, but I know 7 Eleven don't.

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Got to say, this one falls under the "Are you Kidding Me" category.

Well it suckered you in!

As you can see, my rant is not only about the lack of price labels, but the fact I can't even contact 7 Eleven to ask about it.

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Well it suckered you in!

As you can see, my rant is not only about the lack of price labels, but the fact I can't even contact 7 Eleven to ask about it.

Yes, you lead a complicated life, updates please.

15 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I know Big C have a few wall-mounted scanners that will tell you the price of an item. No idea if other supermarkets have them, but I know 7 Eleven don't.

Misses said same,  but I couldnt see one for the life of me.

You can usually tell if the price is good because they don’t have any left !!

Doesn’t happen so much in 7 but in Lotus and Big C you gotta be quick if you want a bargain !! In my local Lotus there is one wall of water !!, literally thousands of litres of the stuff , I usually buy the 6 ltr Tesco drinking water for 29 baht , but from afar I could see there was a bargain on offer from the near empty shelving.
Singha water 24 baht ( down from 40 ) for 6 litres !!, I took the last 11 bottles.

Great I thought until paying and got charged 40 baht, I pointed out the error and she got on the radio and called a gofer who took forever to find the price ( basically because i had cleared the shelf [emoji848] ).

Sooo, the moral of my story is ............................ there isn’t one, i just wanted to chat [emoji51]

26 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

All round yours for a sandwich? had the same in Waitrose yesterday with mince pies marked up as a pound but was £2.49 at the till wanted to maim the cashier but had to give in and pay the world gone mad ????  

Mince Pies in October..............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !  lol

42 minutes ago, bluesofa said:
49 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

20 and 40 baht

It was the Farmhouse brand in the green wrapper - wholemeal bread. In the end by making the purchase I knew the large loaf was 40 Baht, yes.

You're a fountain of knowledge, I should have pm'ed you from the 7 Eleven!

If you'd have pm'd NCC1701A you'd have got the wrong info. All the 7-11's I've been in sell the small ones for 20THB and the large ones for 37THB.

Besides I'd suggest if you've been "Been trying for over half an hour now." to get 7-11 on the phone to talk about this you have bigger issues than the price of bread in a 7-11.

All this aside, I might be suspicious of those who frequent seven as a matter life's course - less the obsessions about policies and operations. [even when promoted in jest]

Just saying like....

????

Archived