7 Eleven rant

bluesofa

39 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Where were you in a hurry to go?

This is Thailand, the country that absolutely knows nothing about customer service.

Must be a bad day to post about a loaf of bread.

Yes, it's been a bad bread day today. Perhaps tomorrow I can turn over a new loaf leaf.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Or there is that other stuff in a gold (?) coloured bag with slices about an inch thick !!, get about 5 slices in a bag................oh and forget about trying to get em in the toaster !!

Yes! I've had some of that before. It is better than the regular Farmhouse stuff. Fortunately it fits in my toaster (It's epileptic). I use the ordinary Farmhouse bread only for toast anyway.

6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

A tad below the belt there watcharacters. Bluesofa is obviously frustrated about 7-11. I hear him loud and clear.

I went into a 7-11 in Cricklewood (west London) to buy a Sunday paper at about 9 in the evening. They had allready parceled the papers up ready to be shipped out. I complained to their head-office and complained to my local MP also.

Please don't do that.

I was clearly, I thought, making a mockery of the common refrain used by many on TVF  who love to state "If you don't like it, go back to your home country".

Did you totally miss that?

Besides, I happen to like prices clearly marked and most often there's no shortage of manpower to accomplish that in most retail outlets.

25 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Makro does the best sliced bread. Large, thick sliced toast loaf, white or wholemeal, 39 baht. Keeps a couple of weeks in the fridge or years in the freezer.

Off topic slightly but does anyone know where I can get proper mince pies around Christmas? Never been able to find them.

Shipment due to be parachuted in soon but not sure yet if its a jungle or sea drop .. Can't say too much knowhatimsaying , knudge , wink but put you're name on the list and we'll see what can be done before the Xmas arrives .. 

9 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

A tad below the belt there watcharacters. Bluesofa is obviously frustrated about 7-11. I hear him loud and clear.

I went into a 7-11 in Cricklewood (west London) to buy a Sunday paper at about 9 in the evening. They had allready parceled the papers up ready to be shipped out. I complained to their head-office and complained to my local MP also.

I'm glad you're on the ball. Mind you, admitting something like that could get you ostracised, judging by some of the posts in this thread.

What was the result of your complaint - any major time-shift regarding 7-11's parcelling procedure? Did they shape-up and not ship out?

12 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Yes watcharacters, I did, I must confess. Please accept my oligopoly, Sorry; been on the mushroom wine. Anyway try the thich sliced from Big C.

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I know Big C have a few wall-mounted scanners that will tell you the price of an item. No idea if other supermarkets have them, but I know 7 Eleven don't.

Time for someone to come up with a mobile apps to read the barcode from various outlets... 

8 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Please don't do that.

I was clearly, I thought, making a mockery of the common refrain used by many on TVF  who love to state "If you don't like it, go back to your home country".

Besides, I happen to like prices clearly marked and most often there's no shortage of manpower to accomplish that in most retail outlets.

Actually I did see that too, and thought I'd let pass, as I wasn't sure of the way it was intended to be read.

Now you've explained, that's OK.

I was worried I might need to start a GoFundMe page to get back to the UK. I could do a single letter of graffiti on a 7 Eleven wall of your choice, if it might encourage donations. Not sure whether to go for "F" for Farmhouse, or "W" for Wholemeal.

6 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

Time for someone to come up with a mobile apps to read the barcode from various outlets... 

Whoa! I'd forgotten I have one. I scanned the bread and did a web search, sadly no joy:

"Your search - 8850123110436 - did not match any shopping results."

We need an update to access 7 Eleven's database next - I think I'll have to give up watching the paint drying next week.

10 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm glad you're on the ball. Mind you, admitting something like that could get you ostracised, judging by some of the posts in this thread.

What was the result of your complaint - any major time-shift regarding 7-11's parcelling procedure? Did they shape-up and not ship out?

My local MP brought it up at the next session. The manager of the shop got caught out doing other bad stuff too. i think he was moved on. Anyway Budgens took over after that.

I've never been back to the shop. Principles! I suffered, cause the next 7-11 was in Willesden (a fair trot away) but not as much as 7-11 who lost my business. I also told my friends not to go to that particular shop for their Sunday papers.

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Actually I did see that too, and thought I'd let pass, as I wasn't sure of the way it was intended to be read.

Now you've explained, that's OK.

I was worried I might need to start a GoFundMe page to get back to the UK. I could do a single letter of graffiti on a 7 Eleven wall of your choice, if it might encourage donations. Not sure whether to go for "F" for Farmhouse, or "W" for Wholemeal.

Bluesofa..

Please be assured that if you have lost the plot I have lost it before you..

Nevertheless the combined posters on TVF will support you,gather you to their bosom and even pick lice in a tribal fashion..

Otherwise-just pay for the blinkin' bread!

I had a great rant at a lad in 7 on the weekend.

Row of sandwiches, 26B, 26B, 26B, 29B, 26B.

I went for one of the 26B ones. Had the exact change ready. Scanned, 29B.

Took the lad to the shelf. This one how much - 26B. This one - 26B THEN WHY IT 29B???!!!??? I then shuffled through various sandwiches in my hand, asking how much for each as fast as I could until I got back to the one he scanned - 26B! I said OK, slapped the cash on the till and left.

It was 2am.

3 minutes ago, naboo said:

I had a great rant at a lad in 7 on the weekend.

Row of sandwiches, 26B, 26B, 26B, 29B, 26B.

I went for one of the 26B ones. Had the exact change ready. Scanned, 29B.

Took the lad to the shelf. This one how much - 26B. This one - 26B THEN WHY IT 29B???!!!??? I then shuffled through various sandwiches in my hand, asking how much for each as fast as I could until I got back to the one he scanned - 26B! I said OK, slapped the cash on the till and left.

It was 2am.

You were lucky! The sandwiches had a price on them/near them.

Have a heart! 26 and 29 look exactly the same to a barcode scanner at that time in the morning.

<end: sarcasm mode>

I am a 7-11 junkie as well as I bike all day then too lazy to get thai food so I do the 7   Bread..I used to do the wheat--then the wheat lite..but now im sold on the crustless stuff..nice n soft for sandwiches....Seems that crustless stuff is 27! as I was thinking 20 too....also ive seen tesco X has large loaves for 31--home brand

and I even got the large one for 15 as it was getting old but still soft--went moldy b4 I could finish the big one!   I get tuna from 7 or soft or HB eggs---hot dogs and the vietnamese chili meat for sandwiches..

Could do a thread on your fav 7-11 foods or hacks...I do like the chicken with sticky rice for 39 bt..yum!

Just started getting hooked on the ham n cheese toasty--not the croissant ones tho--too greasy.....NOM!

6 minutes ago, Puwa said:

By god, I hope this is a joke.

Sadly it's not, the new wave of Brit expats in Thailand, living the good life by doing price comparison shopping at 7/11's and existing on sliced bread then complaining that customer service here isn't up to scratch.....my how the Empire has fallen. 

On 10/24/2018 at 8:15 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Please tell us more about your life.

It sounds like you spend an hour to buy bread for 40B and then you spend at least another hour to try to contact 7/11.

And now you spend your time in this forum to write about these exiting events.

What else do you do? Maybe you should have your own YouTube channel. Something like "My daily challenges"...

I envy your sincerity. You've reminded me of the Flanders and Swann song " The Reluctant Cannibal". In his monologue leading up to the song itself, Michael Flanders says " Always be sincere, whether you mean it or not".

Bread Alert SOLVED!!!  I just got home with my mini loaf of bread as usual and now that this post is active Ive been checking the prices......If you LOOK at the STAMP on bag of date you will see the PRICE also

Check a few 25-27-20--etc   The Price is printed in the bread bag....We can now all rest easy folks...whew!

On 10/24/2018 at 12:10 PM, bluesofa said:

It was the Farmhouse brand in the green wrapper - wholemeal bread. In the end by making the purchase I knew the large loaf was 40 Baht, yes.

You're a fountain of knowledge, I should have pm'ed you from the 7 Eleven!

Farmhouse bread has the price in a little circle on the side..you can't see it on this picture but the one I buy always has 33 in a circle on the side

Image result for 7 eleven bread

9 hours ago, richiejom said:

Confirmed 33 or 37 baht but you still can't see the circles on the side in these pics ????

Image result for farmhouse bread thailand

I can see you're really being spoilt by your 7 Eleven - you have prices on the shelf! They're cheaper than I have to pay though.

As someone mentioned about the price being on each packet, I've since had a look, and can see that's true. Below the sell by date it says 'price 40 Baht' in Thai (although not in a circle)

FarmhouseBread-2018-10-27-800w.jpg

I don't get why 7/11 doesn't send us real time SMS's regarding the price changes in the sliced bread they sell, it's technologically easy to do and think about how much extra bread they would sell if people knew such things, the increase in profits are virtually limitless. I think I'll mention it to the 16 year old Dozy Ding at my nearby store and see what she thinks.

Archived