Jump to content

7 Eleven rant


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I don't get why 7/11 doesn't send us real time SMS's regarding the price changes in the sliced bread they sell, it's technologically easy to do and think about how much extra bread they would sell if people knew such things, the increase in profits are virtually limitless. I think I'll mention it to the 16 year old Dozy Ding at my nearby store and see what she thinks.

You've got a 7 Eleven staff member who thinks? You were lucky, when I were a lad...

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You've got a 7 Eleven staff member who thinks? You were lucky, when I were a lad...

My wife went for a job in 7-11. The manager said he had to give her a little test. She said "OK". The manager asked "can you tell the time?" 

 

"Tell the time what? And in Thai or English?"

 

He said, 'That'll do, you have the job."

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I can see you're really being spoilt by your 7 Eleven - you have prices on the shelf! They're cheaper than I have to pay though.

 

As someone mentioned about the price being on each packet, I've since had a look, and can see that's true. Below the sell by date it says 'price 40 Baht' in Thai (although not in a circle)

FarmhouseBread-2018-10-27-800w.jpg

You owe me a mini loaf----youre welcome 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:55 PM, bluesofa said:

Because there was a bloody long queue, with only one cashier and two of the people in the front were ordering microwave food.

Besides, I wanted to know the difference in price between the small loaf and the large loaf, to know which was better value, in order to buy a few and put them in the freezer.

What happened to the idea of customer service and showing the price on the shelf?

 

Talk about mountains from molehills. Take both options up to the counter, ask them the price, and leave the more expensive for them to put away.

If you don't like 7 11, Big C will welcome you, and they put prices on everything.

Customer service- where do you think you are? Customer service is an almost unknown concept in LOS, though it seems to be vanishing back home as well, as big corporations automate everything and reduce staff numbers to below minimum required.

Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Talk about mountains from molehills. Take both options up to the counter, ask them the price, and leave the more expensive for them to put away.

If you don't like 7 11, Big C will welcome you, and they put prices on everything.

Customer service- where do you think you are? Customer service is an almost unknown concept in LOS, though it seems to be vanishing back home as well, as big corporations automate everything and reduce staff numbers to below minimum required.

bluesofa is obviously not as happy with the 7-11 shopping experience as perhaps he should be. I've not always been happy with the shenanigans in 7-11. Now I only go in a 7-11 for the current bun, the honey roast nuts and perhaps a kinder for my daughter. For everything else I now go to Tesco, Big C or smaller shops or indeed the local market.

 

I go to Tesco for their biscuit 'Beng beng' which I enjoy with a 3 in 1 coffee at about 11 each morning. Cat food in Tesco has jumped up in price recently; and I think this could be the reason why shoppers are now favouring their rival down the way

 

Which brings me nicely onto Big C (big care). I have trained the wife to only buy 'bargains'. There are plenty to be had in Big C; mentoes, fermented sausage, cat food and other stuff. I bought a pink and white ceramic knife in Big C a while back and, as I've said in earlier posts, it's the nuts for slicing 'thick sliced' bread into two 'thin' slices for the toaster.

 

BUT the real reason why Big C gets my recommendation is not because of the cheap cat food, no, it's because they are so generous with the plastic bags. Their green bags are a perfect fit for our house bins. Tesco tend to overload the bags (so you don't get so many) but this is not the case in Big C. In fact once the Tesco lady put so much stuff into a bag, it got a hole, and was rendered useless.

 

Most other shopping is done at the markets, but on the whole the plastic bags there are RUBBISH and are only fit for the rubbish bin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

bluesofa is obviously not as happy with the 7-11 shopping experience as perhaps he should be. I've not always been happy with the shenanigans in 7-11. Now I only go in a 7-11 for the current bun, the honey roast nuts and perhaps a kinder for my daughter. For everything else I now go to Tesco, Big C or smaller shops or indeed the local market.
 
I go to Tesco for their biscuit 'Beng beng' which I enjoy with a 3 in 1 coffee at about 11 each morning. Cat food in Tesco has jumped up in price recently; and I think this could be the reason why shoppers are now favouring their rival down the way
 
Which brings me nicely onto Big C (big care). I have trained the wife to only buy 'bargains'. There are plenty to be had in Big C; mentoes, fermented sausage, cat food and other stuff. I bought a pink and white ceramic knife in Big C a while back and, as I've said in earlier posts, it's the nuts for slicing 'thick sliced' bread into two 'thin' slices for the toaster.
 
BUT the real reason why Big C gets my recommendation is not because of the cheap cat food, no, it's because they are so generous with the plastic bags. Their green bags are a perfect fit for our house bins. Tesco tend to overload the bags (so you don't get so many) but this is not the case in Big C. In fact once the Tesco lady put so much stuff into a bag, it got a hole, and was rendered useless.
 
Most other shopping is done at the markets, but on the whole the plastic bags there are RUBBISH and are only fit for the rubbish bin. 

Now you’ve gone and done it.

Prepare for onslaught from angry tree huggers !! [emoji51]
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:


Now you’ve gone and done it.

Prepare for onslaught from angry tree huggers !! emoji51.png

Bang on the money AD. But I felt, after some consideration, that incurring the wrath of the greenies was worth it. I feel the TVForum posters have to be put in the picture. We have a sense of comradely (togetherness) here and perhaps that's why bluesofa started this enlightening topic.

 

Just as a footnote; I'm not saying the Tesco bags are rubbish. I'm just saying the check-out girls (especially the big-tittied one at counter 3), put too much in the bags. So you don't get so many.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Bang on the money AD. But I felt, after some consideration, that incurring the wrath of the greenies was worth it. I feel the TVForum posters have to be put in the picture. We have a sense of comradely (togetherness) here and perhaps that's why bluesofa started this enlightening topic.

 

Just as a footnote; I'm not saying the Tesco bags are rubbish. I'm just saying the check-out girls (especially the big-tittied on at counter 3), put too much in the bags. So you don't get so many.

 

There lies the problem !!

 The over endowed girl ( counter 3 ) is under the impression that that you have to cram large packages into small spaces, whereas ( and I’m guessing here ) the unfortunate less than ample girls in Big C know that small things should be packed individually. If Big C started to issue padded plastic bags then that would confirm my theory !!

 

I see your quandary, my suggestion would be to continue your shopping at Big C and when you have to shop at Tesco you can always pay at counters 2 or 4 and with a sly sideways glance ( which all males have perfected over the years) you should be able to fulfill your letching quota. 😬

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just returned a package from Lazada to 7/11.  It was the wrong item and the return process was made simple by Lazada and 7/11.  I walked a block from my home to the nearest 7/11 and they took the package and almost immediately I got a notification from Lazada that 7/11 had the package and it took a couple of days for the returned cash to show up in my account.  Excellent job by both Lazada and 7/11.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I just returned a package from Lazada to 7/11.  It was the wrong item and the return process was made simple by Lazada and 7/11.  I walked a block from my home to the nearest 7/11 and they took the package and almost immediately I got a notification from Lazada that 7/11 had the package and it took a couple of days for the returned cash to show up in my account.  Excellent job by both Lazada and 7/11.   

Indeed, I'm sure the OP man 'imself; bluesofa, would say that 7-11 do some things well. I bought some plane tickets at 7-11 some years back and everything was fine.

 

But it's evident that all is not as well as it should be. If you, like many of the posters are, looking for a pleasant shopping experience then it's obvious from your post that you are happy. But go back a couple of pages marcusarelus and see the frustrations of your fellow posters. It will make you sad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

There lies the problem !!

 The over endowed girl ( counter 3 ) is under the impression that that you have to cram large packages into small spaces, whereas ( and I’m guessing here ) the unfortunate less than ample girls in Big C know that small things should be packed individually. If Big C started to issue padded plastic bags then that would confirm my theory !!

 

I see your quandary, my suggestion would be to continue your shopping at Big C and when you have to shop at Tesco you can always pay at counters 2 or 4 and with a sly sideways glance ( which all males have perfected over the years) you should be able to fulfill your letching quota. 😬

I'm not falling for that one AD. You make it sound so,,,, basic. I'm not going to Tesco just to see the counter-girl 3's breasts. No! I make the special trip for the Beng Beng biscuit. If any posters out there could tell me where else I could get the Beng Beng' buiscuit I probably wouldn't have to go in there so often.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

I would say, and indeed I'm sure the OP man 'imself; bluesofa, would, that 7-11 do some things well. I bought some plane tickets at 7-11 some years back and everything was fine.

 

But it's evident that all is not as well as it should be. If you, like many of the posters are, looking for a pleasant shopping experience then it's obvious from your post that you are happy. But go back a couple of pages marcussrelus and see the frustrations of your fellow posters. It will make you sad.

I've had many good experiences at 7/11.  The food and services are varied and fresh and good.  I'm a happy camper all around.  Before I got my online banking I paid a lot of bills at 7/11 and never a problem.  I also dated a number of women who worked at 7/11 when I first got to Thailand.  Certainly for me it was a one stop shop.  My 7/11 does not have beer because it's a gas station too maybe that's why I have no problems there.  I believe there are starting to put some MacDonald's in at 7/11 gas stations too.  Obviously a mega success in Thailand over 10,000 stores and expanding more rapidly than even Japan.  The company is spending 10 billion this year on expansion in Thailand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Awwww, diddums- I feel your pain. Well I don't really- I bake my own bread. 

 

If this is the biggest hardship in your life you really need to get one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I've had many good experiences at 7/11.  The food and services are varied and fresh and good.  I'm a happy camper all around.  Before I got my online banking I paid a lot of bills at 7/11 and never a problem.  I also dated a number of women who worked at 7/11 when I first got to Thailand.  Certainly for me it was a one stop shop.  My 7/11 does not have beer because it's a gas station too maybe that's why I have no problems there.  I believe there are starting to put some MacDonald's in at 7/11 gas stations too.  Obviously a mega success in Thailand over 10,000 stores and expanding more rapidly than even Japan.  The company is spending 10 billion this year on expansion in Thailand.

i hear you marcusarelus. i can see they are expanding. Could it be that they offer the customer what they want.

 

i'm not knocking 7-11. i pay for my pick-up there each month.

 

But, in my local 7-11, they did a wrong 'un one Sunday and I complained big time. There share price dropped and Budgens bought them out. 

 

They have to tread carefully. Any more '7-11 rants' like this one on TVForum and they could be in trouble. Imagine if we all boycotted the store; except to pay our bills, and get the current bun. Just imagine...

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Awwww, diddums- I feel your pain. Well I don't really- I bake my own bread. 

 

If this is the biggest hardship in your life you really need to get one.

I don't necessarily agree with you Psimbo. if the posters think that they are not getting the fulfillment out of their shopping experience, why shouldn't they be vex?

 

As I stated earlier, I personally, have moved on. Big C is now my first choice for general shopping. Yes, but not just because of the generous plastic bag allocation and the cheap cat food. No! I have found that they maintain their shopping carts so much better. I got one in Tescos the other week and it just wouldn't push straight. I had to change it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I would say, and indeed I'm sure the OP man 'imself; bluesofa, would, that 7-11 do some things well. I bought some plane tickets at 7-11 some years back and everything was fine.

 

But it's evident that all is not as well as it should be. If you, like many of the posters are, looking for a pleasant shopping experience then it's obvious from your post that you are happy. But go back a couple of pages marcusarelus and see the frustrations of your fellow posters. It will make you sad.

Indeed I would! Generally 7 Eleven are good. I pay some bills for my wife there, as it's closer than going to the bank.

 

But I'm not afraid to point out problems when things do go astray, much to the criticism of some others.

I'm not trying to be some caped crusader, but I do feel that as a paying customers I have the right to say my piece.

 

When my Thai bank replaced my bank card with the new (to Thailand) card with the microchip, I found I couldn't use it at Big C.

The manageress said they were waiting for their card machines to be upgraded, but it was taking forever. She welcomed me saying that I'd phone Big C head office, she said it might make them get the problem sorted.

In the end I contacted the Bank Of Thailand, as they oversee the entire retailer debit card machine operation - and they did get organise getting the machines upgraded too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I don't necessarily agree with you Psimbo. if the posters think that they are not getting the fulfillment out of their shopping experience, why shouldn't they be vex?

 

As I stated earlier, I personally, have moved on. Big C is now my first choice for general shopping. Yes, but not just because of the generous plastic bag allocation and the cheap cat food. No! I have found that they maintain their shopping carts so much better. I got one in Tescos the other week and it just wouldn't push straight. I had to change it.

It would drive me round the bend too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Indeed I would! Generally 7 Eleven are good. I pay some bills for my wife there, as it's closer than going to the bank.

 

But I'm not afraid to point out problems when things do go astray, much to the criticism of some others.

I'm not trying to be some caped crusader, but I do feel that as a paying customers I have the right to say my piece.

 

When my Thai bank replaced my bank card with the new (to Thailand) card with the microchip, I found I couldn't use it at Big C.

The manageress said they were waiting for their card machines to be upgraded, but it was taking forever. She welcomed me saying that I'd phone Big C head office, she said it might make them get the problem sorted.

In the end I contacted the Bank Of Thailand, as they oversee the entire retailer debit card machine operation - and they did get organise getting the machines upgraded too.

Great to get that inner feeling that you have done something well.

 

I was fishing in Bangkok and we (the little lady and I) decided to fly to Udon Thani the next day. On the corner of Soi 62 in Bang Kapi there is a 7-11. We got a taxi to the store and bought the seats. it was easy. No problem at all; even with the plane. the only problem was that at the airport they made me take down the fishing rod! No,, i jest. It was fine.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It would drive me round the bend too.

A touch of dry humour there bluesofa!

 

But seriously; these shopping carts!! I don't mind one that goes wonky right from the start. Cause you can change it right away. It's the ones that get progressively worse as the goodies, especially the crates, get chucked in.

 

The other year we had a cart that was awful. The wife had simply picked it out and didn't test it. We got a fair bit of shopping and the wife just could not push it straight. I gave her a rollicking (in front of the staff, just to emphasize how terrible their carts were) and gave her the choice. Get the string and hair out of the wheel spindle or go get another one. I'm not at all macho, so when she came back and began transferring the shopping from one cart to the other, I helped. It was at this time when I first noticed the big-titted girl looking at me adoringly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not falling for that one AD. You make it sound so,,,, basic. I'm not going to Tesco just to see the counter-girl 3's breasts. No! I make the special trip for the Beng Beng biscuit. If any posters out there could tell me where else I could get the Beng Beng' buiscuit I probably wouldn't have to go in there so often.

Sorry Owl didn’t mean to offend, I was using my own principles to judge others .
Having said that, I’m not a big breast person ( ignoring my man boobs of course) I prefer the smaller varieties, a larger pair are more appealing to the eye [emoji51] but in practice seem to be excessive.
Was it Wordsworth who said “ if it’s more than a mouthful it’s just a waste “ .
Probably not !

Beng Beng are available at Big C round my way and maybe Makro as well ?
Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:


Sorry Owl didn’t mean to offend, I was using my own principles to judge others .
Having said that, I’m not a big breast person ( ignoring my man boobs of course) I prefer the smaller varieties, a larger pair are more appealing to the eye emoji51.png but in practice seem to be excessive.
Was it Wordsworth who said “ if it’s more than a mouthful it’s just a waste “ .
Probably not !

Beng Beng are available at Big C round my way and maybe Makro as well ?

It's OK. I'm not easily offended as you know AD. My thoughts on ladies breasts are this; take the nipples away and they would be just lumps of fat without nipples.

 

And as for Wordsworth. I think he was spot on. My mate Fat Fred once told me over a pint; "If I had two mouths I could suck two titties at the same time." I think about that sometimes when I'm reminiscing about the Dagenham Dock ladies.

 

Thanks for the Beng Beng info. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2018 at 11:47 AM, BritManToo said:

Why not pick up the loaf, take it to the checkout and ask the price?

Tao Rai kap?

Or look dim point at the bread wei and say pud Thai dai nid noi krab.

 

Its only bread it's always cheap just buy it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Oh god,   I just read the whole thread.

I need a beer now and its only 08:30

 

But not surprised about not being able to contact 7/11 to voice your compliant.

TIT.

 

this maybe of some interest to some of you.  :jap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpk4q_Zo2ws

Thanks for the link. A man after my own heart!

Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Oh god,   I just read the whole thread.

I need a beer now and its only 08:30

 

But not surprised about not being able to contact 7/11 to voice your compliant.

TIT.

 

this maybe of some interest to some of you.  :jap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpk4q_Zo2ws

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Great that you found the topic Stan. A good read you must admit.

 

Just as a side issue, Beng Beng are on a special offer at the mo'. Buy one, get one free. Just 10 bhat. That works out at 5 bhat a bar. Bargain!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great that you found the topic Stan. A good read you must admit.

 

Just as a side issue, Beng Beng are on a special offer at the mo'. Buy one, get one free. Just 10 bhat. That works out at 5 bhat a bar. Bargain!!!!

Noticed Beng Beng at the checkout in Big C:

48 baht a box for milk chocolate and 50 baht a box for white chocolate.

 

Wasn’t sure how many in a box so checked online ,

 

IMG_6580.thumb.JPG.383f5359ec6a72e48731ee99f758e53c.JPG

 

Seems like an even better bargain!!!!

 

EDIT: just checked Makro, 49 and 47 baht .

 

Fill yer boots Owl !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Noticed Beng Beng at the checkout in Big 😄

48 baht a box for milk chocolate and 50 baht a box for white chocolate.

 

Wasn’t sure how many in a box so checked online ,

 

IMG_6580.thumb.JPG.383f5359ec6a72e48731ee99f758e53c.JPG

 

Seems like an even better bargain!!!!

 

EDIT: just checked Makro, 49 and 47 baht .

 

Fill yer boots Owl !!

I might agree!! But, the ones on a special offer are slightly bigger. I bought 3 yesterday, and also got 3 free, and i've already eaten half of them. I keep them in the fridge. A bar girl once told me to keep chocs in the freezer but I didn't believe her.

 

I'm obviously aware that eating Beng Beng chockies, instead of 'proper' food, may not be the best for the body, so I've worked out an exercise routine to compensate. One 45 gram Beng Beng bar requires 900 press ups (20 per gram) or 2.7 km on my mountain bike. Unless I go across the rice fields, which is difficult at the mo' cause of the teams of ladies cutting it everywhere, then I just go on time. Say 16/17 minutes hard riding per bar.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I might agree!! But, the ones on a special offer are slightly bigger. I bought 3 yesterday, and also got 3 free, and i've already eaten half of them. I keep them in the fridge. A bar girl once told me to keep chocs in the freezer but I didn't believe her.

 

I'm obviously aware that eating Beng Beng chockies, instead of 'proper' food, may not be the best for the body, so I've worked out an exercise routine to compensate. One 45 gram Beng Beng bar requires 900 press ups (20 per gram) or 2.7 km on my mountain bike. Unless I go across the rice fields, which is difficult at the mo' cause of the teams of ladies cutting it everywhere, then I just go on time. Say 16/17 minutes hard riding per bar.

Ahh okay, I see you are quoting 45 gr , I think the ones I see are only 25, wasn’t aware there were different sizes, so you definitely are getting a bargain.

 

Yes, chocolate always in the fridge !!

Even though, with some chocolate bars, after removing from said fridge they are too hard to bite!! Wait a little bit for them to soften ?  No way !! I always risk breaking a couple of teeth !

 

As for 900 press ups !! No can do !!

But I do enjoy a little ride out on my bike.

Have never thought about riding my bike and eating chocolate at the same time 😞

 

Until now !! 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, chocolate always in the fridge !!

Even though, with some chocolate bars, after removing from said fridge they are too hard to bite!! Wait a little bit for them to soften ?  No way !! I always risk breaking a couple of teeth !

Also in Big C is my favourite 'coconut cracker with pineapple jam'. It comes in a square plastic container and costs 60 bhat. Right as I type this I'm dunking the little crackers into my tea. To be honest. I wouldn't eat a little cracker or a biscuit unless I could dunk them. I think they are more nutritious than Beng beng, 'cause they have a pineapple filling. Just loaded with vit' C.

 

Also, the empty plastic containers are the nuts for putting stuff in. I put cat food into them, cable ties, string and screws and buttons.

 

I am really upset about the cheese though AD. It costs a small fortune and I can't bring myself to spend what they want for it. Every now and again there is a drop in price, ('cause no-one is buying it and it gets close to its sell-by date) then I pounce,,, !! If I'm lucky to be at the front of the queue on that wonderful day, I buy as much as I can afford.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...