7 Eleven rant

bluesofa

14 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Also in Big C is my favourite 'coconut cracker with pineapple jam'. It comes in a square plastic container and costs 60 bhat. Right as I type this I'm dunking the little crackers into my tea. To be honest. I wouldn't eat a little cracker or a biscuit unless I could dunk them. I think they are more nutritious than Beng beng, 'cause they have a pineapple filling. Just loaded with vit' C.

{snipped}

Thanks for the headsup about the coconut crackers. Googled the bold text and it went straight to the BIg C page - 500g for 69 Baht. Looks good. I'll buy some next time I'm in Big C.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Also in Big C is my favourite 'coconut cracker with pineapple jam'. It comes in a square plastic container and costs 60 bhat. Right as I type this I'm dunking the little crackers into my tea. To be honest. I wouldn't eat a little cracker or a biscuit unless I could dunk them. I think they are more nutritious than Beng beng, 'cause they have a pineapple filling. Just loaded with vit' C.

Also, the empty plastic containers are the nuts for putting stuff in. I put cat food into them, cable ties, string and screws and buttons.

I am really upset about the cheese though AD. It costs a small fortune and I can't bring myself to spend what they want for it. Every now and again there is a drop in price, ('cause no-one is buying it and it gets close to its sell-by date) then I pounce,,, !! If I'm lucky to be at the front of the queue on that wonderful day, I buy as much as I can afford.

Not so keen on the jam filled crackers, my favourite are the Homey ( must admit i thought it said Honey until I opened the cupboard to look ????) Coconut crackers, very light and cheap ( 14 baht, cheaper thouat Makro ).

I did go through a phase of eating the Big C butter crackers and, yes , I never throw those handy containers away !

As for cheese, I’m visiting the UK next week and have my cooler bag and blue ice block thingy ready and waiting !!

C80A5F8D-828C-45E0-B41E-E1C765E47A1A.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Not so keen on the jam filled crackers, my favourite are the Homey ( must admit i thought it said Honey until I opened the cupboard to look ????) Coconut crackers, very light and cheap ( 14 baht, cheaper thouat Makro ).

I did go through a phase of eating the Big C butter crackers and, yes , I never throw those handy containers away !

As for cheese, I’m visiting the UK next week and have my cooler bag and blue ice block thingy ready and waiting !!

Well knock me down with a feather duster, and call me Robin.

Those are the containers I'm on about. Great stuff!

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I see you eat toast on a commercial scale. I have to use my Philips toaster twice to make four sheets of toast.

I see you eat toast on a commercial scale. I have to use my Philips toaster twice to make four sheets of toast.

Yup, this was the only 4 slices toaster I found at the time, made by Otto, dirt cheap from Big C , just gotta watch out you don’t get 3rd degrees burns from it !!, the toaster gets extremely HOT !

But makes good toast [emoji4]

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, this was the only 4 slices toaster I found at the time, made by Otto, dirt cheap from Big C , just gotta watch out you don’t get 3rd degrees burns from it !!, the toaster gets extremely HOT !

But makes good toast emoji4.png

This topic has been the nuts.

I've learnt so, so much.

Thanks to bluesofa.

I'm going to nominate him for poaster of the year.

On 10/24/2018 at 5:55 PM, bluesofa said:

Because there was a bloody long queue, with only one cashier and two of the people in the front were ordering microwave food.

Besides, I wanted to know the difference in price between the small loaf and the large loaf, to know which was better value, in order to buy a few and put them in the freezer.

What happened to the idea of customer service and showing the price on the shelf?

My 7/11 does not have parking meters outside...????

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:
7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:
Mornington Crescent!

Embankment ?
( not sure I know how to play ! )

Ha ha ha! Read the rules!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mornington_Crescent_(game)

The game consists of each panellist in turn announcing a landmark or street, most often a tube station on the London Underground system. The aim is to be the first to announce "Mornington Crescent", a station on the Northern line.[1] Interspersed with the turns is humorous discussion amongst the panellists and host regarding the rules and legality of each move, as well as the strategy the panellists are using.

Despite appearances, however, there are no rules to the game,[2] and both the naming of stations and the specification of "rules" are based on stream-of-consciousness association and improvisation.[3] Thus the game is intentionally incomprehensible.[4]

On 10/24/2018 at 6:20 PM, bluesofa said:

Well it suckered you in!

As you can see, my rant is not only about the lack of price labels, but the fact I can't even contact 7 Eleven to ask about it.

You can contact them, in Thai! This is Thailand and the language is Thai. In the UK do Tesco offer customer services in foreign languages??????? Of course not. Learn the language and culture and your frustration will subside....or leave and return to wherever you escaped from...

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha ha! Read the rules!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mornington_Crescent_(game)

The game consists of each panellist in turn announcing a landmark or street, most often a tube station on the London Underground system. The aim is to be the first to announce "Mornington Crescent", a station on the Northern line.[1] Interspersed with the turns is humorous discussion amongst the panellists and host regarding the rules and legality of each move, as well as the strategy the panellists are using.

Despite appearances, however, there are no rules to the game,[2] and both the naming of stations and the specification of "rules" are based on stream-of-consciousness association and improvisation.[3] Thus the game is intentionally incomprehensible.[4]

After you mentioned it I  googled Mornington Crescent, read the rules, took a couple of aspirin, read the rules again, drank half a bottle of Vodka, banged my head repeatedly against the wall !!

Mornington Crescent ??

did I win ?

2 minutes ago, claffey said:

You can contact them, in Thai! This is Thailand and the language is Thai. In the UK do Tesco offer customer services in foreign languages??????? Of course not. Learn the language and culture and your frustration will subside....or leave and return to wherever you escaped from...

But they're still rebuilding my enclosure.

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

After you mentioned it I  googled Mornington Crescent, read the rules, took a couple of aspirin, read the rules again, drank half a bottle of Vodka, banged my head repeatedly against the wall !!

Mornington Crescent ??

did I win ?

Hands down!

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Mornington Crescent ??

did I win ?

Naw..you lost.

Let's face it-'tis better to  lose 200 baht and not pass go then be ridiculed in a 7/11.

The average"farang" meets the ultimate stingray..

"crikey!"

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Naw..you lost.

Let's face it-'tis better to  lose 200 baht and not pass go then be ridiculed in a 7/11.

The average"farang" meets the ultimate stingray..

"crikey!"

This was my childhood Stingray (by Gerry Anderson):

image.png.0c9c711f9201043a387bc5e7f8af03aa.png

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Also, the empty plastic containers are the nuts for putting stuff in. I put cat food into them, cable ties, string and screws and buttons.

I am really upset about the cheese though AD. It costs a small fortune and I can't bring myself to spend what they want for it. Every now and again there is a drop in price, ('cause no-one is buying it and it gets close to its sell-by date) then I pounce,,, !! If I'm lucky to be at the front of the queue on that wonderful day, I buy as much as I can afford.

What is AD?  I buy my cheese from Tops and http://www.cheesequintessence.com 

Archived