Sinéad O'Connor converts to Islam

snoop1130

12 hours ago, sirineou said:

Yes indeed, my friend, with the fall of communism, and the military industrial complex's need for a new "enemy" Islam seems to be the new bogeyman. IMO if she had converted to Buddhism there would had being very litle reaction and this Thread would had died after the second page. But by now people have bought into the "bogeyman" syndrome they hear Islam and their A hole tightens up.

As far as religion is concerned, I am also an Atheist, I have no use for ant religion but as long as they don't bother me I don't bother them. To some I don't even question their faith, Despite the delusion It seems to work for many of them,  I had an elderly lady friend who had become a Born  again Christian,she truly believed and it gave her comfort, when ever she brought up  the subject I would change the subject, What if I had talked to her and changed her mind, what if I had taken her faith away, what would I replace it with? Individual responsibility was not her thing, especially at that age

For the rest it is simply tribalism, We have our book, they have their book which is slightly different than ours, we flock on this tree, you flock on that one, come anywhere near and there will be trouble. 

If Islam works for Sinead, I say more power to her. It works for millions of people , why not her.And if she had problems in the past, perhaps this is the thing that will bring her peace. 

Religion is just people arguing over who has the best imaginary friend. I’d love to think that I’d catch up again with everybody after death but I just don’t believe it ... best enjoy the day and be thankful for the opportunities of life. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Religion is just people arguing over who has the best imaginary friend. I’d love to think that I’d catch up again with everybody after death but I just don’t believe it ... best enjoy the day and be thankful for the opportunities of life. 

And you will catch up but not because of any imaginary friend, but because of information.

The universe is just a composite of all possible information of which you are part of. 

Because you are here you are obviously possible,  however improbable. But given enough time and enough roles of the dice all possible combinations however improbable will occur. 

The problem is time, but only from our limited perspective, we tend to measure time in relation to our life span, but relative to the universe  is only but a blink. But the Universe itself could also be  a blink, a strobe light inflating and deflating. 

You and your friend being possible and eventually probable  given enough time will be together again.

But since you are dead, for you time ceased to exist. any length of time for you will be the same after death and totally relevant.

Think about it,can you find any fault with that logic?

Edited by sirineou
typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now 'her wackiness' hates white people!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/sinead-oconnor-islam-white-people-shuhada-davitt-muslim-a8620231.html

"In a string of messages posted to Twitter, the 51-year-old – who shot to fame in 1990 for her version of “Nothing Compares 2 U” – called all those who are not Muslims “disgusting” and criticised Christian and Jewish theologians."

Lovely comment.

:laugh:

• Like 1