Leicester City football club owner's helicopter crashes outside stadium

rooster59

This helicopter always carried 2 pilots which is now confirmed so we can discount pilot incapacitation.

Taking off from a floodlit area at night is difficult especially with the floodlight pylons all around but these pilots will have done this many times.

If witness reports are true in that it was spinning this points to rear rotor failure. I took a couple of lessons many years ago and one of the first things the instructor explained was how he could land it if the engine failed (albeit at height and speed, see earlier comments on dead man's curve) but he added that "if the rear rotor failed it would completely ruin our day."

For those of you who don't like speculation please read no further.

This is a newish helicopter so an engine or rear rotor failure would be very unusual to say the least. Another witness has claimed he saw a drone flying over the stadium. Hmm, that would do it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thian said:

Well did anybody survive the accident? I think the reporting is weird...they could just mention about victims being brought to a hospital or something like that. Why is it all so secret?

Unfortunately there wouldn't be much to take to hospital hence why a hospital hasn't been mentioned.

Once the emergency services have worked out exactly who perished and have subsequently informed the relatives, including whether anyone on the ground was killed, then there'll be an official announcement.

15 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You may be unfamiliar with reporting protocols in the UK.

The authorities will absolutely not release details of deceased persons until the family has been informed and they are sure of who has died. The press will only release details once they have confirmation from official sources. Nothing weird or secret at all. This is standard behaviour in the UK. Not the same as Thailand.

Yes i''m not familiar with UK reporting protocols...But i expect at least some news other than he's on the forbes list and give free drinks to supporters.

How many passengers were found at the spot (without mentioning their conditions) is what i expected at least but maybe that's not done as well in the UK?, so that's secret untill now....

I don't have any stocks or so but imagine the people who own loads of them, they also would like to know it me thinks...oh well.. <removed>

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Details are being updated hourly , we know now that 5 people died , 4 of whom have been identified. Hardly a huge secret , its only been 16 hours since the crash. Your nonsense about there being some kind of conspiracy involving the stock market has been proved totally wrong , do you now propose to admit the fact ?

I hadn't read that but i admit i didn't read all the replies cause there are so many.

I still don't know how many people were in the plane but if that's such a secret...

2 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Can you list his Charitable work in the Midlands and in Thailand please?

2 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Can you list his Charitable work in the Midlands and in Thailand please?

I know he has donated millions of Pounds to Leicestershire Royal Infirmary and has given money to Charities but i don't know the details of which ones.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thian said:

I hadn't read that but i admit i didn't read all the replies cause there are so many.

I still don't know how many people were in the plane but if that's such a secret...

It appears there were 5 , the Thai owner , his daughter , pilot , co pilot and a further unidentified person. There are no indications of any further casualties either from the helicoptor or on the ground.

Leicester City fc and the local police authority will issue comprehensive statements later today.

• Like 1

Sky News just reported out of the 5 people on board the helicopter , it was the chairman Vichay , his daughter and 2 pilots , the last passenger has not been named yet which is odd as it will only lead to speculations who that passenger was. 

• Confused 1

Yes i''m not familiar with UK reporting protocols...But i expect at least some news other than he's on the forbes list and give free drinks to supporters.

How many passengers were found at the spot (without mentioning their conditions) is what i expected at least but maybe that's not done as well in the UK?, so that's secret untill now....

I don't have any stocks or so but imagine the people who own loads of them, they also would like to know it me thinks...oh well..

Not secret. But not announced yet to anyone without a direct connection to the unforunate victims

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Thanks for the update Quincy.  At least any deceased won’t need an autopsy now.

You really need to read up on air crash investigations. Nothing, but nothing is left to assumption. Even the VIP passengers bodies will be tested for drugs. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

By all accounts he was liked and respected by the football club and the wider Leicester community. His business ethics are a different matter but neither relevent or worthy of discussion at this particular time.

JCF contact me via Meaw Re Too Easy Visit Last friday ... 

Edited by Small Joke

29 minutes ago, balo said:

the last passenger has not been named yet which is odd

Why is it odd? The authorities have not officially named anyone who was on board yet. The only people we know about are the ones being identified by media outlets. Apparently the reporters haven't found out yet who the fifth person was. 

8 hours ago, Kadilo said:

If you read the comments on YouTube they are scathing and saying it’s old footage and “people should be ashamed” for posting etc. 

A guy  in the video is wearing shortsleeves which suggests it’s old as it was freezing cold. 

Sorry, but that link was direct from some UK rag....didn't see the comments, but there was plenty of evidence that he was highly likely to have been in board, even in the early stages of the reports.  Too bad it wasn't the owner of the Redskins.

52 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

Even the VIP passengers bodies will be tested for drugs. 

Wow, i have never heard of that before...what difference does it make if the passengers used drugs or not? If they were the pilots themselves i could understand it...

Regarding what Fanjita has just posted, my wife is busy watching all sorts of Thai news outlets. She has seen that daughter is still in Thailand as she has a 2 month old baby to look after. Also wife is en-rout to Leicester FC who have (apparently) said they would make no comment regarding the passengers/victims until she arrived, that would seem quite respectful, some Thai Visa members would do well to take note!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balo said:

Sky News just reported out of the 5 people on board the helicopter , it was the chairman Vichay , his daughter and 2 pilots , the last passenger has not been named yet which is odd as it will only lead to speculations who that passenger was. 

Why is it odd? It was an air crash and fire, sometimes i.d. is difficult and the UK are not in the habit of releasing info until it is confirmed. Speculation is what TV netizens however live on.