Bank guarantee letter

Wondering what the "guarantee letter" from the bank must include?

3 of 5 years the letter has been rejected by local immigration office. Have been in touch with bank CS department but they can't define the requirements of the contents for annual extension of visa. They just issue the letter!

Edited by mayview
  • Confused 1

so no requirement as to where the funds came from ie from abroad ??

next year i am going to change   from income letter  to seasoned funds  for my marriage  extension   the reason for this is the lower  exchange rate  takes  my income to below the required amount       but i do have money in the account  but that is money transferred  years ago    any suggestions 

1 hour ago, Lamkyong said:

so no requirement as to where the funds came from ie from abroad ??

next year i am going to change   from income letter  to seasoned funds  for my marriage  extension   the reason for this is the lower  exchange rate  takes  my income to below the required amount       but i do have money in the account  but that is money transferred  years ago    any suggestions 

I've used a fixed account for this purpose many years, never been asked for where the funds came from.

I still have the, by now, very old bankbook to show that the funds came from abroad, but they've never been interested to look at it.

2 hours ago, ravip said:

Then, when or at what stage is proof required that the funds came from abroad?

Only when using the 800k baht in the bank to apply for a change of visa status or a non immigrant visa at immigration based upon qualifying for an extension of stay for retirement. They want that since the money only has to be in the bank on the date you apply (no 60 day requirement).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stamp, signature, and date...which has to be same date as application in some offices,,,Nonthaburi, for one....which is good because if people had to line up at zero-dark-thirty like in CM, it would be impossible.  Also, they can be ------ about an update that day, which can be hard to do on a fixed deposit.  I would even add an extra 50K FD on that date, if it would make them happy.  Apparently BBL can force an update in your FD book, but CIMB could not, but also gave me a signed stamped copy of the page with the FD.  Other accounts, it is good to add a small amount for the fresh entry..I would even take an ATM slip for extra support.

I have found it best (on the advice of my agent) to have the Fixed deposit book and bank letter (with blue stamp) and also my "working account" book showing money coming in and out.  I always make a withdrawal from the ATM on the working a/c before going into the bank (BKK Chiang Mai) for the letter and updated print in the working a/c bank book so that the bank book is up to date. 

Never had a problem this way in many years.

Khon Kaen, Bangkok Bank

Never been asked for source of fund since 2011.

Since 3 years or so Bangkok Bank issues an account statement that has no specific addressee. Simple generic fully computerized printout. All in Thai language.

Before that it was half manual done from a word template and as far as I remember it was addressed to commissioner of immigration bureau region 4 (in Thai language).

I wonder why the OP uses the term "guarantee letter"?

It is just a simple confirmation/statement of account holder, account number, account type, balance on date of issue.

Basically nothing additional to the bank book.

Edited by KhunBENQ

10 minutes ago, Dale75 said:

I know it as a guarantee letter too. I guess it depends what your local IO call it.

As long as everyone means the same content the wording does not matter :smile:

I looked at/searched for the Thai term that Bangkok Bank uses.

SCB would come out as "certification of deposit account balance".

certify/guarantee both fine.

35 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

It is just a simple confirmation/statement of account holder, account number, account type, balance on date of issue.

Just seen: it also shows the date of opening of the account.

My Bangkok Bank letter from 2016.

bangkokbankletter2016.jpg.cf295c3a8db1a758407027f84f095dea.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ