SURVEY: Assange -- boot or remain in Embassy?

Scott

SURVEY: Assange -- boot or remain in Embassy?  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Shackleton123 said:

He snitched on the USA about the same shit they are all condemning the Arabs for. The minute he is out of there he will be strangled and dismembered and his body never found, or something worse.

Possibly worse, for him!

Most likely he will be arrested as per British law and go before initially a magistrate. During this time the US will ask for his extradition, as he is a flight risk he will most likely be remanded. Lawyers will make lots of money and he will most likely be sent on the assurance he won’t face the death penalty?

5 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Assange does a great service exposing things, albiet with an anti US bias. But, he screwed up when he aided and abetted espionage with Bradley Manning. Whistleblowing is not a defense to espionage.

Anti US not surprising considering he conspired with the Russians on the email hacking. And then tried to cast blame on Seth Rich

15 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Anti US not surprising considering he conspired with the Russians on the email hacking. And then tried to cast blame on Seth Rich

His association with Russia predates the election.

When wikileaks had compromising information on Russia they chose to sell it to a Russian newspaper.

Wikileaks have a policy of refusing publication of information that is already in the public domain. The latest Russian leaks published by wikileaks was already known and in the public domain. 

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve not voted ever either way.

It’s not a matter of should Assange be removed from the embassy or continue to remain there.

It is inevitable that he will leave.

Years of choosing of his own free will to lock himself away.

Its his cat I feel sorry for.

Yes no one ever considers he loneliness that poor cat will feeland he won't be able to take it to Guantamino. Ionic really he could Finnish in one of e places hey exposed. But at least he will know all about it before arrives!

12 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

His association with Russia predates the election.

When wikileaks had compromising information on Russia they chose to sell it to a Russian newspaper.

Wikileaks have a policy of refusing publication of information that is already in the public domain. The latest Russian leaks published by wikileaks was already known and in the public domain. 

He does seem to be good chum of the RussianFederation?

22 hours ago, Credo said:

He definitely needs to be booted out of the Embassy.   Given his behavior towards his hosts, I'd be inclined to revoke his citizenship.  

He definitely should be removed, he as embarrassed his hosts

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

Possibly worse, for him!

Most likely he will be arrested as per British law and go before initially a magistrate. During this time the US will ask for his extradition, as he is a flight risk he will most likely be remanded. Lawyers will make lots of money and he will most likely be sent on the assurance he won’t face the death penalty?

Death penalty for what?

• Thanks 1

The S.O.B. is partly responsible for trump, for the decline of democracy and the emending global financial melt down, the debt will probly be around 24 trillion if he's gone in 2020, whats gonna happen when we stop borrowing money, if i borrowed 100 grand id have a great couple of years, but i'd be screwed come time to pay it back,

1 minute ago, Whitaker said:

The S.O.B. is partly responsible for trump, for the decline of democracy and the emending global financial melt down, the debt will probly be around 24 trillion if he's gone in 2020, whats gonna happen when we stop borrowing money, if i borrowed 100 grand id have a great couple of years, but i'd be screwed come time to pay it back,

I don’t know ?

1 hour ago, Patriot1066 said:

He might be tried for something akin to treason in the US, they always agree not to go for the death penalty to spears the liberals even when it would be unlikely ????

The assurance of taking the death penalty off the table is usually a part of the extradition process.   Most countries who do not have the death penalty, will not extradite to countries where the death penalty is an option for the crime they are accused of.

• Like 1

The guy had a brain, but got fixated on exposing things, he fell in love with the attention and admiration of conspiracy folks.  He could have made a fortune doing legitimate things.  He chose his path over and over again.  Now he is painted into a corner and stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

3 hours ago, Scott said:

The assurance of taking the death penalty off the table is usually a part of the extradition process.   Most countries who do not have the death penalty, will not extradite to countries where the death penalty is an option for the crime they are accused of.

Thankyou for the clarity.

3 hours ago, manarak said:

frankly, who cares about Assange...

But if he is removed, it will be interesting to see what happens.

He will be arrested as there is a live warrant for his arrest. Doubt he will get bail and where would he go Russia like Snowdon? Unless they give him bail hoping he will skip it? I wonder what happened to him Snowdon he was Assanges pal?

On 11/4/2018 at 6:56 PM, canuckamuck said:

Anyone who provides information to the people about how the power brokers work the system deserves protection from the people. I think Assange is toast though. He caught a lucky break, but they're coming for him eventually.

But anyone who is selective on who, and when to provide information for mercenary reasons does not.

I used to think he was, but I no longer do,He is not a honest broker. Not only has he damaged the US political system, and by extension the world, he has damaged the credibility of Wikileaks . Anything wikileaks publishes will now be viewed with suspicion.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sirineou said:

But anyone who is selective on who, and when to provide information for mercenary reasons does not.

I used to think he was, but I no longer do,He is not a honest broker. Not only has he damaged the US political system, and by extension the world, he has damaged the credibility of Wikileaks . Anything wikileaks publishes will now be viewed with suspicion.  

Yes I used to view him as a bit of a hero, but now think he was cynical and trying to increase his petsonal fame. Now he looks like an idiot!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scott said:

Plus Treason would not apply to Assange anyway, probably not even Espionage

Edited by Nyezhov

5 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Plus Treason would not apply to Assange anyway, probably not even Espionage

Why would it not he did commit espionage as passed military secrets to Russia?

Unfortunately what started as a pretty good thing in exposing issues, is probably now past its day. It was cool then but times have moved in?