Fearing 'angry mob', lawyer of freed Christian woman leaves Pakistan

rooster59

Haven't noticed many Christians bombing, beheading and deliberately driving vehicles into pedestrians on the streets of London, or anywhere else you have mentioned. The same goes for Buddhists, Hindus, etc. This seems to be an almost exclusively Islamist pastime.
Nothing game changing, either, about the pressure constantly being exerted on the UN to approve human rights (sic) provisions against blaspheming the Prophet and his medieval ideology. Imran Kahn is the latest advocate to swing the bat for the Islamic side. And there was us mug Westerners thinking what a civilised chap he was in his well-pressed whites. . . 

August 30th, 2018

xImran_Khan-350x233.jpg.pagespeed.ic.7uQA-3AWEf.webp&key=fab423d9e447cc9debcb68961d18593cb8aac0cfff61ee7d01887b08afe8d476Imran Khan, the newly elected Prime Minister of Pakistan, has made curtailing freedom of speech a priority policy for his administration by vowing to revive a campaign to impose global blasphemy laws at the UN. - Humanism UK.
You might want to read up about the atrocities committed by Buddhists in Myanmar and Christians in DRC and some other African countries. It's very naive to think that it's only extreme Islamists who do such things.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

The British government should offer this woman and her family sanctuary. We still have some residual responsibility and it would show these people that we still occupy the moral high ground.

(do a swap with that chap that is getting released in the UK)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sweatalot said:

what a shithole of country

- if there's some good in this country they should definitely solve the muslim problem

I have to add

I am sorry for those who have to live there and whose hearts and brains have not been killed

and for those little children who have no choice to be brain- and heartkilled

Edited by sweatalot

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

It is as much a religion of peace as Christianity is a religion of peace in "peace" loving christian countries such as the US ,the UK , France  etc.

As far as the UN comment is concerned, I was not aware that there was pressure for the UN to enact "world wide" blasphemy laws , or for that matter any laws whatsoever. 

A link pointing  to such a game changing event would be appreciated. 

Try a little bit of google searching and you will see the OIC campaigned for it from 1998 till 2011. Now Imran Khan is trying to get in on the act. 

43 minutes ago, Grouse said:

The British government should offer this woman and her family sanctuary. We still have some residual responsibility and it would show these people that we still occupy the moral high ground.

(do a swap with that chap that is getting released in the UK)

France and Spain have offered the family asylum but her husband wants UK, USA or Canada. Maybe they have better handouts than the other 2 countries. 

4 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

Try a little bit of google searching and you will see the OIC campaigned for it from 1998 till 2011. Now Imran Khan is trying to get in on the act. 

I don't dispute that different organisations and or country leaders campaign in support of pet  resolutions,  regardless of their success none of it constitutes "world wide law" 

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

No not in the streets of London, but plenty of bombing in the street of Baghdad, and other Muslim countries. Not very Christian of them . 

I am in no way defending the Pakistanis but we are no angels ourselves, simply a litle more sophisticated about it.

Non binding resolutions are hardly "world wide laws" by any stretch of the imagination. and respect for religion hardly blasphemy laws. As far as leaders making speeches to their base, nothing new there , look at Trump.

Thank you for that link,

non binding resolutions respecting religion are neither "world wide laws " and not even blasphemy resolutions. Many countries have laws in their books  protecting people's right to exercise their religion in dignity. The moron who killed all the Jews in Pittsburgh among other things was charged with 11 counts of obstructing free exercise of religious beliefs. last night a man as arrested writing anti semitic slurs in a synagogue  among which  were slurs defaming  the jewish religion,  among other things he was charged with hate speech, and not blastemy. 

As for your first comment, were many (or any) of the bombings you mention ("in the street of Baghdad, and other Muslim countries") carried out in the name of Christianity? Unless there was "Onward Christian soldiers" sung, the relevance would be questionable. And, "we" might not be angels, but that's hardly the point - "we" seemed to have passed the social evolutionary phase of running crusades, jihads or executing people for holding different religious beliefs, or.

With regard to the link I've posted - wasn't commenting on the accuracy of the poster's words, just seemed this might have been what he had in mind. The motions described weren't successful, as such, but the efforts detailed highlight the sort of thinking (or beliefs) involved.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I don't dispute that different organisations and or country leaders campaign in support of pet  resolutions,  regardless of their success none of it constitutes "world wide law" 

My reply to you was that they had been campaigning the UN to make it world wide for years but got shut down. Nothing to say they won’t try again though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

"we" seemed to have passed the social evolutionary phase of running crusades, jihads or executing people for holding different religious beliefs, or.

I agree, 

It is my opinion that if they were allowed to evolve much in the way we did they would reach the same development. Initially there would be a lot of pain as there was in our development but eventually reasonable minds will prevail as it did in our development , unless you are of the opinion that muslim minds are less reasonable in the aggregate  than ours.

and they would own any such development rather than feel it was imposed on them

IMO it is our constant medling that straightens the hand of the extremist element. 

6 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

My reply to you was that they had been campaigning the UN to make it world wide for years but got shut down. Nothing to say they won’t try again though. 

I don't disagree with you at all 

My original reply was in response to some world wide law imposed by the UN against blasphemy,clearly there is no such a thing.  

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You might want to read up about the atrocities committed by Buddhists in Myanmar and Christians in DRC and some other African countries. It's very naive to think that it's only extreme Islamists who do such things.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It has nothing to do with being naive. You are not comparing like with like. Many countries have historically suffered internal ethnic and religious conflict. Mayanmar is an obvious example of Muslim/Buddhist strife, as is Thailand.  The most glaring example is the ongoing all-Muslim heavyweight contest in the Middle East which is at the root of the current refugee crisis.

This is a totally different phenomenon from the wave of Islamic terrorism unleashed upon the West in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, which initially which killed more than 3,000 people in Twin Towers and is still claiming victims nearly two decades later, with Europe a major casualty.

Since 2004, Islamic terror attacks have cost the EU about 185 billion Euros in lost GDP and around 5.6 billion in lost lives, injuries and damage to infrastructure. To these sums must be added the cost of accommodating thousands of refugees displaced from Syria and other war-torn countries across the Levant.

Acts of terrorism across the region by other, non-Islamic outfits are negligible by comparison.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/06/eu_admits_jihadist_terrorism_has_cost_economy_hundreds_of_billions.html

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I agree, 

It is my opinion that if they were allowed to evolve much in the way we did they would reach the same development. Initially there would be a lot of pain as there was in our development but eventually reasonable minds will prevail as it did in our development , unless you are of the opinion that muslim minds are less reasonable in the aggregate  than ours.

IMO it is our constant medling that straightens the hand of the extremist element. 

I think that the time frame involved in such processes makes the argument academic. As for your optimism with regard to the supposed outcome - I'll have to disagree. Not as in rejecting the possibility of such an outcome, but rather the assertion that it is inevitable or likely. Things in the West involved as they did due to a host of contributing factors and circumstances. The set of factors/circumstances relevant to your proposition is different. This take doesn't have anything to do with "Muslim minds", might as well not start with such nonsense.

Couldn't care less as to whether they'd "own" such a development. If it would come about, we'll all be long gone anyway. Question is more about how much damage will be done by then. And to be clear, the same can be referred when discussing Christianity - the World was re-shaped several times before the light was seen, so to speak. 

The "constant meddling" explanation (along with the "colonialism" self-flagellation bit) is just a cop-out. Sure that there's a contribution, making it into the main issue though - no, thanks. 

Edited by Morch
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tongjaw said:

France and Spain have offered the family asylum but her husband wants UK, USA or Canada. Maybe they have better handouts than the other 2 countries. 

may be they have some knowledge of the English language but not of French or Spanish

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

I agree, 

it was the 30 years war that ravaged the european continent and killed off half the german speaking population that caused the west

to moderate their view on religious differences

Edited by poanoi

28 minutes ago, poanoi said:

it was the 30 years war that ravaged the european continent and killed off half the german speaking population that caused the west

to moderate their view on religious differences

and it was the ottoman threat that strengthened the hand of the catholic church as the defender of the faith.  

• Like 1

Although Islam is practiced differently from country to country, seeking to modify or reform its basic tenets is a Herculean task, as these are derived directly from what Allah is believed have dictated to the Prophet Muhammed - and therefore generally regarded by the faithful as immutable and unchanging.

The resurgence in recent decades of Islamist and fundamentalist Muslim factions makes the prospects for reform look even more remote. It has also ushered in a return to an ultra-orthodox brand of Islam which is anathema to the post-Enlightenment culture of the West, with its emphasis on democracy, man-made laws and individual freedom.

A useful insight the campaign to create a more "moderate" Islam comes from Muslim activist Majid Nawaz and the London-based think-tank Quilliam he helped create to "promote plurism and inspire change" among fellow Muslimsin his adopted homeland and across the world.

Quilliam's struggle is a form of  "jihad" worthy of everyone's support in nations like the UK, where the Islamic population is set to double - or even triple - by 2050. Should it fail, the bleak prospect is for an ongoing clash of cultures and an inevitable increase in factional strife and extremist terrorism.

Majid Nawaz's numerous broadcasts can be found on YouTube and Quilliam at https://www.quilliaminternational.com

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1