Thai roads need central barriers to minimise impact of accidents: experts

webfact

ha ha they are pretty good at hitting each other up the rear, (no puns please) they have no idea about stopping distances, always tailgaiting, cannot wait at lights, just too impatient, dont suppose that will change, its inbred.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

Who is Somchai? I read a lot about this Somchai guy (or gal). Poor fella is involved in all aspect of thai life ????

Somchai is a very naughty boy and his pregnant wife Somchai'et

They have a total disregard for anything or anyone, they truly don't care.

they have a selfishness,  that is a dark bottomless pit.

The Somchai's,  are truly bad apples as they spoil the whole 

box. :jap:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I see the conference ends today.

What's the chance of any alleged expert standing up and saying that "the level of driving in Thailand is appalling, a large percentage of drivers don't have licences, and the police never enforce any regulations proactively to prevent accidents."

No, I don't don't think so either.

I read somewhere not to long time ago that 90% of the car drivers have a license while only 50% of the motorbikes drivers have a license enough said.

78% of death on roads here are by motorbikes.

the barriers will prevent people taking right turn on the roads where they  are often speeding, another thing is those dangerous U-turns everywhere,block all of them, they gives me goosebumps.

overpass or underpass U-turn are the way to go so there is no oncoming traffic, but it’s more expensive to build those, there is always about get the job done as cheap as possible, which is stupid.

Much safer alternative. 

6D92DBD7-4C5E-4D15-99E9-C132AC248D2E.jpeg

94F7A8FF-8F33-4520-902F-CC4A2363D3CE.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The traveler said:

I read somewhere not to long time ago that 90% of the car drivers have a license while only 50% of the motorbikes drivers have a license enough said.

78% of death on roads here are by motorbikes.

the barriers will prevent people taking right turn on the roads where they  are often speeding, another thing is those dangerous U-turns everywhere,block all of them, they gives me goosebumps.

overpass or underpass U-turn are the way to go so there is no oncoming traffic, but it’s more expensive to build those, there is always about get the job done as cheap as possible, which is stupid.

Much safer alternative. 

6D92DBD7-4C5E-4D15-99E9-C132AC248D2E.jpeg

94F7A8FF-8F33-4520-902F-CC4A2363D3CE.jpeg

Driving against the traffic and your tires will be shredded, probably the most effective way to deal with those idiots 

10E283F2-8D66-4E3B-8CDC-05678275F362.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Having a license here is not an indication of training or road education... its just a card... 

The licensing and training system here has a very very long way to go. 

Thus - having intelligent road design which is intuitive and prevents people from taking dangerous shorts cuts is the way forwards. 

And yes... the central U-Turns are deadly... the only safe solution is those you highlighted above, but they are more costly. 

I drive on the road from saraburi to Pak Chong regulary and there is much traffic on that road including u-turns every km, only a few of them are blocked, but not only that, there is always a slow idiot driving in the right line so other idiots start to pass in the middle and sometimes even in the left line, switching lines all the times as most does is another problem, only 2 of 10 after my experience will switch to the middle lane to let you pass.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It would take less than a day for the Thai motorcyclists to place a board over those spikes rendering them useless to 'wrong way' motorcycle traffic.... 

If they can remove part of the central barrier / guard rail on Ratchadapisek (between Asoke & Rama IV) placing a piece of wood down is simple !... 

Yes you are right, those guys that think they own the road and the footpaths that usually does it, mototaxi guys.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai roads need central barriers to minimise impacts from road accidents, experts have told a seminar.

Yep, experts! You are right. It´s only barriers, or if people could learn to drive better and more careful.

Aaaah! Ok, I get it. I go with the central barriers too. :cheesy:

• Haha 1