Blasted by Trump over Russia probe, Sessions fired as attorney general

webfact

7 hours ago, Berkshire said:

So who is this Matthew Whitaker guy?  Well we know he's on Trump's side when it comes to the Mueller investigation.  But what else?

[Our new acting attorney general was listed on the advisory board of a patent marketing company that federal authorities shut down as a fraudulent scheme that bilked aspiring inventors of millions of dollars and intimated that those who publicly complained might have to deal with a “security team” of Israeli ex-special forces operators schooled in Krav Maga.]

https://www.thedailybeast.com/matthew-whitaker-acting-attorney-general-once-used-his-justice-bona-fides-to-tout-scam-business?ref=wrap

As usual, Trump only hires "the best people." 

Here's a quote from Whittaker in a press release

"A December 2014 company press release quoted Mr. Whitaker as saying: “As a former US Attorney, I would only align myself with a first class organization. World Patent Marketing goes beyond making statements about doing business ‘ethically’ and translates them into action.”

And here's another bit from the same article:

"World Patent Marketing promotional videos and photos show Mr. Whitaker reviewing invention ideas with the company’s founder, and the FTC included in court exhibits an email from Mr. Whitaker acting on behalf of the company and threatening a customer who complained with potential “serious civil and criminal consequences.” 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/jeff-sessions-successor-had-advised-company-accused-of-scam-1541638397

I'm surprised he wasn't made Dean of Trump University.

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

the mueller charade will be ending soon for he will receive the boot. then he will be trialed over misappropriation of tax payer money. yes put him on trial.

wbr

roobaa01

Word on the street is that TV will start doing a daily poll for post of the day and also most inane post of the day. For the latter, you have my vote.

Edited by notmyself
  • Like 2

It's apparent that the MSM and the Dems are all on JS side! I am too! He is a true Patriot! PT is a brilliant tactician! We will see it all unfold soon,everything! God bless the republic of the United States!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, riclag said:

It's apparent that the MSM and the Dems are all on JS side! I am too! He is a true Patriot! PT is a brilliant tactician! We will see it all unfold soon,everything! God bless the republic of the United States!

Really?  I haven't seen anything in the news that made me think the legitimate press or prominent Democrats are now Jeff Session fans.

Oh...have you been listening to the Fox "News" pundits again?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Really?  I haven't seen anything in the news that made me think the legitimate press or prominent Democrats are now Jeff Session fans.

Oh...have you been listening to the Fox "News" pundits again?

There's this crazy conspiracy being touted on 4chan and other venues about Donald Trump secretly engaging in a battle against the forces of the deep state.. So that all his apparently ethically dubious moves are not what they seem to be. I suspect that riclag believes this nonsense and that's what he's touting. This lunacy goes by the name of QANON. I suspect that this might be what riclag is elliptically referring to.

QAnon[a] (/kjəˈnɒn/) is a right-wing conspiracy metatheory[1] which began with an October 2017 post on the anonymous imageboard 4chan by someone using the handle Q, a presumably American[2] individual that may have later grown to include multiple individuals[3][4][5] claiming to have access to classified information involving the Trump administration and its opponents in the United States. The theory details a supposed secret conspiracy by an alleged "deep state" against U.S. President Donald Trump and his supporters.[6] The account has falsely accused numerous liberal Hollywood actors, politicians, and high-ranking officials of engaging in an international child sex trafficking ring, and that Trump feigned collusion with Russians to enlist Robert Mueller to join him in exposing the ring and preventing a coup d'état by Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and George Soros.[7][8][9] 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon

Note: I changed "now" to "not" in second sentence.

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

There's this crazy conspiracy being touted on 4chan and other venues about Donald Trump secretly engaging in a battle against the forces of the deep state.. So that all his apparently ethically dubious moves are now what they seem to be. I suspect that riclag believes this nonsense and that's what he's touting. This lunacy goes by the name of QANON. I suspect that this might be what riclag is elliptically referring to.

QAnon[a] (/kjəˈnɒn/) is a right-wing conspiracy metatheory[1] which began with an October 2017 post on the anonymous imageboard 4chan by someone using the handle Q, a presumably American[2] individual that may have later grown to include multiple individuals[3][4][5] claiming to have access to classified information involving the Trump administration and its opponents in the United States. The theory details a supposed secret conspiracy by an alleged "deep state" against U.S. President Donald Trump and his supporters.[6] The account has falsely accused numerous liberal Hollywood actors, politicians, and high-ranking officials of engaging in an international child sex trafficking ring, and that Trump feigned collusion with Russians to enlist Robert Mueller to join him in exposing the ring and preventing a coup d'état by Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and George Soros.[7][8][9] 

I think all emoticons are applicable here at the same time.

Thanks for the post, really like it, laughable and sad at the same time some people are actually believing in this nonsense. And confused how it is possible people actually believe this.

28 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

There's this crazy conspiracy being touted on 4chan and other venues about Donald Trump secretly engaging in a battle against the forces of the deep state.. So that all his apparently ethically dubious moves are now what they seem to be. I suspect that riclag believes this nonsense and that's what he's touting. This lunacy goes by the name of QANON. I suspect that this might be what riclag is elliptically referring to.

There is absolutely no evidence that Q is anything other than the obvious--a troll pulling the chains of fools.  It's disturbing that there are so many fools that believe this fantasy.

Oh my, I should have watched the whole clip before posting.  On October 11, Trump spoke to Fox & Friends and said "I know Matt Whitaker..."

Trump on Oct 11: "I know Matt Whitaker"

Trump on Nov 8: "I don't know Matt Whitaker"

If our septuagenarian parents made such statements, we'd be looking through that stack of retirement home brochures we keep in the back of the closet.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 1:12 PM, LomSak27 said:

He's a little racist dweeb. Also a serious boozer, poor chucker is half petrified already. Just another one of the sleaze swamp dwellers Humpty Dunpty brought in the defraud and pillage the country. Served his purpose and cant get Humpty off the hook, better fire him and find another patsy. 

sessions was in the senate for years, he was not "brought in"

and how exactly did he "serve a purpose"?

and what "defraud and pillaging" are you referring to exactly?

On 11/8/2018 at 8:34 PM, heybruce said:

There is absolutely no evidence that Q is anything other than the obvious--a troll pulling the chains of fools.  It's disturbing that there are so many fools that believe this fantasy.

as well as the fantasy of collusion.

On 11/8/2018 at 3:52 PM, notmyself said:

Not sure what to make of 'open season' since Mueller is just doing what he was asked to do.

then why can't we see the scoping documents issued by Rosenstein that was amended.

and why are they hiding the FISA application details? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

then why can't we see the scoping documents issued by Rosenstein that was amended.

Thats President Trumps Ace in the Hole. Don't play it till you need to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, attrayant said:

How will Trump's ace fair against Mueller's royal flush?

Pretty good. I dont think Mueller has anything other than a Ace high nothing on Trump. On the other hand, Trump has a Full Boat on the system, plus wild cards keep popping up like the Carter Page Lawsuit, Papadopolus, Manaforts "lack of cooperation" (read no info). The question is not whether there were dirty tricks, but by who. Those documents can blow away a whole bunch of people and both sides know it. Its a dance.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:42 PM, riclag said:

Lindsey and Mitch had reservations many months ago about  firing JS. They are apparently welcoming his resignation 

They bend to whatever way the Trump wind is blowing. And Trump blows a lot of wind.

This way today, that way tomorrow, sometimes both ways in the same day.

I think the Jeff Sessions book should be a great seller.

39 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Imagining Trump paying poker...he'd probably eat the cards.

an/or claim loudly twists and lies about the facts and data and he would claim they are fake and made by CNN whilst his wife avoids him and gets on with another tourist visit to Africa.

Edited by scorecard

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:08 AM, Silurian said:

Imagine if Whitaker pulls the rug out from under Senate Republicans by outright firing Mueller. Any Senate Republican still left bent over with their pants around their ankles supporting Trump in this move will voted out of office in the next election. They will be left hanging and fumbling around trying to make up various excuses why Mueller's investigation was terminated. 

But more likely, Whitaker will subject the Mueller investigation to death by thousand cuts. Whitaker will slowly reduce Mueller's budget, slowly remove Mueller's subpoena powers, slowly remove Muller's ability to indict anyone and then finally after repeatedly stating the Mueller investigation is pointless it will be over in a whimper. He has already setup this plan in mind.

5 Ways Matthew Whitaker, Trump’s Replacement for Sessions, May Already Be Ethically Compromised

Maybe funding can be replaced with a "Go Fund Me" campaign if Whitaker turns off the tap.

Millions would want to donate. Trump would call it FAKE funding for the witch hunt.

( NO COLLUSION)

5 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

as well as the fantasy of collusion.

Russian interference in the election is not beyond dispute.  Numerous Trump campaign officials and/or appointees were indicted or resigned due to lying about contacts with Russia.  Suspicions of collusion are reasonable.  Whether it happened will come out when (if) the Mueller report is published.

What is the evidence that Q is anything but a troll?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

I don't know what scoping documents you are referring to,  but asking why the details of the warrant to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court is classified is ridiculous.

• Like 2

This is the kind of people Trump puts into important positions.....

[Inside the Department of Justice, however, the fears are more expansive. Whitaker is seen as a rogue and under-qualified new leader whose impact won’t just be felt on the Mueller probe but throughout the federal government.]

[“He’s a <deleted> fool,” one trial attorney inside the department said of the new AG. “He’s spent so much time trying to suck up to the president to get here. But this is a big job. It comes with many responsibilities. He just simply doesn’t have the wherewithal.”]

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hes-a-fanding-fool-doj-vets-fear-the-impact-whitaker-will-have-beyond-mueller?ref=wrap

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, riclag said:

It's so obvious Mueller will be able to finish his investigation! I believe this new AG will  act with the same rigor that the patriot Sessions couldn't do as a result of recusing himself! 

On a separate note, did Sessions have access to the final review from Mueller or was it only Rosenstein?

What final review? The investigation isn't closed yet.

And what does that say about Trump that he's insulting a patriot? Oh right, it's all part of the plan to keep deep state off guard. And it's a good thing that this plan hasn't leaked onto the internet or we'd all be doomed.