Heavy rain warning for Phuket, South

snoop1130

Heavy rain warning for Phuket, South

By The Phuket News

1541761272_1-org.jpg

Floods struck Prachuap Khiri Khan and Chumphon provinces earlier today (Nov 9). Photo: Radio Thailand Chumphon

PHUKET:-- The Thai Meteorological Department (TMD) has issued a weathe warniing for Phuket and the Andaman coast, as well as elsewhere throughout Southern Thailand, for heavy rains and possible flash floods.

“The active low-pressure cell covers the Andaman Sea, and the active northeast monsoon still prevails across the Gulf,” said the warning, issued earlier today.

“From 9-10 November, some torrential downpours are forecast for the South. People should beware of the severe condition that may cause a possible flash flood and the overflow of river.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/heavy-rain-warning-for-phuket-south-69300.php#c6S2fso1Q0dfeUim.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-11-9

Seems I was lucky at PKK last night, despite the delays. I heard from the hotel owner this morning that the road going south was closed (Baan Saphan?). The whole central belt up to Kanch was horrible. If this is headed south stock up and stay in for the weekend- it was nasty. Dashcam vids from today too big to upload

Edited by Psimbo

8 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Seems I was lucky at PKK last night, despite the delays. I heard from the hotel owner this morning that the road going south was closed (Baan Saphan?). The whole central belt up to Kanch was horrible. If this is headed south stock up and stay in for the weekend- it was nasty. Dashcam vids from today too big to upload

Chumpon Rain Radar shows that lump of rain moving North West.

• Like 1