Farang washing cars to make a living - says he's making 6,000 baht a day!

webfact

54 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Do you have to contribute for a certain number of years to recieve Government pension in Australia?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No, Age based & Means tested by Assets /Income. You have to apply & depending on either assets or income have most, reduces amount of pension + have to (physically) report every 90 days & only paid to an AUS Bank!!

Certainly nothing like UK or US pensions!! ..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pete1980 said:

And a pensioner also. So he is bludging of the Aussie taxpayer while living it up in Paradise and earning cash with his hand out for taxpayers money. 

Welfare cheat. I hate them.

You dont know much about the Australian government then. Any eligible pensioner who is absent from Australia more than 6 weeks has the pension stopped.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, 1337markus said:

You dont know much about the Australian government then. Any eligible pensioner who is absent from Australia more than 6 weeks has the pension stopped.

Wow, is that for real. I thought the Brit government was bad enough in freezing any increases in pension if you lived abroad. ( unless of course you are a retired member of parliament..)

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Good man

First post in..........

Congrats.

I fail to see the relevance.

I was under the impression you got a pension at a certain age in most countries and you could do what you want in retirement.

Including playing golf or supplementing your income by washing some cars.

Up to you as they say.

Unless you are misinterpreting his situation and think he is on the dole and hence an unemployed welfare cheat?

Jeez. Some people.

He may well be declaring his earnings to Centerlink, and his pension might be adjusted accordingly. Not a good idea to assume otherwise

1 hour ago, Pete1980 said:
1 hour ago, roo860 said:

Do you have to contribute for a certain number of years to recieve Government pension in Australia?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Nah, you can be on the dole your entire life, and then they give you a pension (money from the people who actually go to work and pay taxes).

yep, 

In Australia there are many 3 generations, families, all collecting the dole.

These people go from being on the Dole straight to the old age pension.

Quality Aussies, never worked a day in their life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of the comments here are from people who are clearly not Australian citizens. Those who are better appreciate the implications behind what he is doing. Maybe he is 100% legal but doubtful. Not just the local boys in brown he may need to worry about but also Centrelink back in Australia if indeed he is receiving a pension. I don't have any great issues with a seventy year old gentleman getting physical and making some spending money rather than vegetating in a recliner boozing and watching tv all day as many end up doing... but some authorities likely will...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, VYCM said:

yep, 

It is a big problem in Australia 

Reckon he should have kept a low profile.

Two more car wash shops will open next week one on each side.

6,000 now 2,000. + Tax from bent cops or immigration, he should clear about 300 baht a day.

Don't see what's the problem. :giggle:

But good luck to you mate. :jap:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, VYCM said:

yep, 

Not just Australia, England as well.

This is not strange!! Normal life but nowadays everything go for news agencies for show and report ! This is normal so one people working with wife !!! Before i have resturant and sale ( laab ) with my thai wife .no body not come take report for tv !

Just now, The traveler said:

Support this gentleman’s business if you live nearby take your car for a wash there, I would have done that if I lived nearby.

maybe some of those thaivisa work permit detectives will spy on him near his shop and try to find out if he got a work permit or not ????????????

Why not wash the car yourself and give it a polish

Its good exercise.:jap:

• Like 1