Norwegian Found Hanged In Full View In Pattaya

webfact

2 hours ago, bluebluewater said:

I don't wanna sound like a bad guy but the cops/rescue people certainly did more than I would have done.  I would have just hosted his ass up rather than put anyone else over the side.

Considered he's murdered, I'd go for the more respectful way.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, ThorD72 said:

Hydrant = Fire hydrant

Pannebånd = Sweatband/headband

Opp = Up

Håndklær = Towel

Tau = Rope

Våpen OK = Weapon OK 
Plasser = place/position something

Regnfrakk = Raincoat 

Løkke = Noose

Lår - Hals - Armer = Thigh - Neck - Arms

Hold tau = hold the rope

Len bak = Lean backwards,... 

Appear to imply he intended to inflict self-harm (cut himself) prior to hanging...

4 minutes ago, balo said:

I'm also Norwegian and I do not agree with you at all. It looks more like a check list over how to take your own life.

Starting speculations this might be a murder based on only this note is just not right. 

I have another theory. If you are going to hang yourself in full sight like this, you want attention. Then there HAS to be a letter explaining himself. There is not.

1 minute ago, DeeMak9 said:

I have another theory. If you are going to hang yourself in full sight like this, you want attention. Then there HAS to be a letter explaining himself. There is not.

If, as you suggest, it was a murder, a rope and all the other paraphernalia would not have been needed from up there!

It is sad.

• Sad 1

UPDATE: Police continue to investigate death of Norwegian man found hanging from side of Pattaya condo

p2.jpg

Image: Pattaya News

More details have emerged regarding the shocking death of a Norwegian man in Pattaya.

69 year old Max Holden, who was found hanging from the side of a 31 storey condominium in Pattaya on Wednesday, also suffered multiple knife wounds to his neck and wrists, it has been revealed.

Police have said that while they believe the death to be suicide, the investigation into how exactly Mr Holden died remains ongoing.

Photos shared by local Thai language site Pattaya News revealed a collection of knives found on the roof of the condo.

Also found on the roof were two bloodstained wooden chopping blocks, one of which had a metal pipe attached to it.

p1.jpg

Image: Pattaya News

Police also found two suicides notes. One of which has been released to the media, while the other, which has not been released is said to contain the names of other expats in Pattaya and information which police say is of concern.

Mr Holden a rented a room on the 23rd floor of the Northshore Condominium located on Soi 5, Pattaya Beach Road.

Officers were called at around 10am on Wednesday morning when members of the public spotted Mr Holden’s body hanging from the side of the condominium. It took rescue workers almost three hours to free the body.

A rope had been tied around Mr Holden’s neck with the other end tied to a fire hydrant located on the roof of the condo.

Mr Holden’s body has been sent for autopsy to establish and official cause of death.

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-14

Gun, Noose, Suicide Lead Theories About Pattaya Morning Horror

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

p2.jpg

PATTAYA — Police say a Norwegian man found hanged from atop a highrise in Pattaya city center this morning most likely committed suicide.

The 69-year-old man is believed to have shot himself with a homemade firearm while standing on the edge of his condominium’s rooftop with a noose around his neck, Lt. Col. Kosala Ngampong from the Pattaya City Police Station told reporters.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/11/14/gun-noose-suicide-lead-theories-about-pattaya-morning-horror/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-11-14

3 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

There are just too many hangings and other suicides in Thailand. Why?

Because people come Pattaya for champagne life on a water budget when money run out 

life is not funny anymore in this paradise 

First thing that happens is overstay 

Then you sinking deeper in to the black hole of depression 

Sad some people can't handle it and commit suicide 

RIP 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I don't think any of it is understandable....  This may be an unsympathetic and somewhat inhumane comment and may well prove unpopular, however, I'll go ahead because young Children will have seen this and will have been mentally impacted by the image a man hanging to his death. 

If this man took his own life, then whatever tragedy, stresses, illness etc this poor man suffered none can justify or excuse him imposing this image on the 1000's around him. 

I wonder if there is more to the story and a message was being sent - this has 'gangland' or such connotations and may be much more than suicide. 

I agree.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cereal said:

This is brutal to see. I worked for a company that built houses back in Canada 15 years ago or so. I went to work on April 1st one day and thought I was the first guy on the job site until I found my mate hanging from a floor joist by a wire. I laughed and said, "Haha...April Fool's. That looks awesome Ben!", as I approached him and gave him a little shove.

Ben was dead. My mind was blown. I called my boss and told hi and got the "Haha April Fool's" thing again.

Yeah...it was a bad day all around.

My Dad died on April the 1st also, it  never has the same meaning for me anymore.

• Sad 1