Forum very slow and pages not loading

balo

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The decision was made due to tropical storm Pabuk hitting the south. There were complaints made about Thai Visa being down while the storm was causing problems for our members or people just looking for info.

It will likely be done early next week.

Sounds like a valid enough reason to me, the way things are now the forum is not acting up too much so it is doable. 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Why do I have still problems using Thai visa I thought it has been fixed most of the time I can't 

log in at all and get all different error codes the past 2 days I could not log in at all just now 

I managed to log in 

It seems to be OK for me.

I am using Windows 10, a free VPN, Google Chrome as my browser. I have had the odd glitch over the past couple of days but nowhere near as bad as it was in November or December. I live in rural Khampaeng Phet and use 3BB VDSL with 30 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up. 

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

It seems to be OK for me.

I am using Windows 10, a free VPN, Google Chrome as my browser. I have had the odd glitch over the past couple of days but nowhere near as bad as it was in November or December. I live in rural Khampaeng Phet and use 3BB VDSL with 30 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up. 

Well I managed to get on now I am using windows 10 as well and I tried Google browser Windows edge

Firefox, AVG and Internet explorer I can't believe I am still on

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

That is a real bugger and perhaps may be down to your internet connection.

No, no way, my connection is fine I can log on to any website with no problems just thai visa does not seem to work after they changed the server before I had hardly any problems when every body complained 

I have been on thai visa now for about 3 hours and this is the longest time in days  

2 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

No, no way, my connection is fine I can log on to any website with no problems just thai visa does not seem to work after they changed the server before I had hardly any problems when every body complained 

I have been on thai visa now for about 3 hours and this is the longest time in days  

I used to have a WiNet connection with TOT for a while and was always dropping out so I Logged the outages and bitched about it.

They actually wrote off a months internet bill and re-routed the link as it was so bad.

One day 3BB ran a fibre optic cable down the road so I moved over and got a better service at a lower price.

Last year TOT ran a fibre optic link down the road but I cannot find out what they are offering. If I can and they offer more for less I may change back.

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I used to have a WiNet connection with TOT for a while and was always dropping out so I Logged the outages and bitched about it.

They actually wrote off a months internet bill and re-routed the link as it was so bad.

One day 3BB ran a fibre optic cable down the road so I moved over and got a better service at a lower price.

Last year TOT ran a fibre optic link down the road but I cannot find out what they are offering. If I can and they offer more for less I may change back.

Maybe I have not mentioned to you I am in OZ and I never had any probs with internet connection but what ever I did it seems to work now but I won't hold my breath see what happens tomorrow 

9 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

thai visa does not seem to work after they changed the server

The server/provider change has not taken place yet - it was postponed due technical reasons and need of members during storm.

14 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Maybe I have not mentioned to you I am in OZ and I never had any probs with internet connection but what ever I did it seems to work now but I won't hold my breath see what happens tomorrow 

I don't think you mentioned that you were in Oz.

I thought that you were here in Thailand.

Your problem looks as though your server doesn't like the TVF server which I believe is based in Singapore.

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Your problem looks as though your server doesn't like the TVF server which I believe is based in Singapore.

But I have been on TVF for years and never had any problems I tried to connect all morning but no joy only 

now I got on I get on the first page some times but as soon I click a topic it says Thai visa is not reachable at the moment 

There’s another poster ( Oddy) who is having problems with the forum and he is also in OZ !!

Coincidence ? I don’t think so !

Conspiracy ? [emoji848]

2 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

But I have been on TVF for years and never had any problems I tried to connect all morning but no joy only 

now I got on I get on the first page some times but as soon I click a topic it says Thai visa is not reachable at the moment 

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but have you tried a different web browser? 

1 minute ago, vogie said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but have you tried a different web browser? 

Yes I have tried Firefox,Chrome,Internet Explorer,Microsoft Edge,AVG but always the same some times I get on TVF but as soon I click on a topic it shuts down and tells me TVF is not reachable at the moment

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

I used to use Firefox for years but last year it got so bloated and slow I went to Google Chrome and my internet picked up a lot more speed.

I haven't used Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer or Opera So I cannot comment on them.

1 minute ago, White Christmas13 said:

Yes I have tried Firefox,Chrome,Internet Explorer,Microsoft Edge,AVG but always the same some times I get on TVF but as soon I click on a topic it shuts down and tells me TVF is not reachable at the moment

If you have still got firefox, have you tried it on 'new private tab', the 3 dots on the top right hand side?

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I used to use Firefox for years but last year it got so bloated and slow I went to Google Chrome and my internet picked up a lot more speed.

I haven't used Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer or Opera So I cannot comment on them.

I don't like using chrome because I do not get sound when I watch movies 

3 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

I don't like using chrome because I do not get sound when I watch movies 

Not sure how you do that - for downloads VLC is what many of us use - or just Windows Media Player.  You get audio for YouTube using Chrome?

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Not sure how you do that - for downloads VLC is what many of us use - or just Windows Media Player.  You get audio for YouTube using Chrome?

I get the audio only when I download and play it again after but can't listen to it when I play or watch it 

13 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

what about it?

It would provide view of site without any cookies or other things that might be blocking.  Edge and Chrome also have access to private windows from menu at top right side dropdown.  

5 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

yes I did understand 

I just don't understand why I have that problem now I have been on TVF for many years 

and when every body else had problems in the past I never had any and all of a sudden 

in the past few days I could not connect to TVF I tried every thing cleaned my cache got 

rid of my ad block signed out and back in you name it I done it 

On 12/5/2018 at 11:12 PM, Ks45672 said:

If reddit can handle their users, i don't see how it's a technical limitation

Maybe the incoming 5g internet will help thaivisa become usable again.... ???? 

I can barely use it now and it's not for lack of bandwidth on my side... 

IMG_20181205_230748.thumb.jpg.7a48ed9fb622ab5b313e8554e485791a.jpg

5G has nothing to do with it. That is only the speed you can connect to the internet via your phone company.

Archived