Forum very slow and pages not loading

balo

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you liked a post on any thread, in the past you automatically started following that thread. This no longer seems to be the case. Have to click follow on any thread I wish to follow now even after resetting my notifications setting. Weird. 

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

If you liked a post on any thread, in the past you automatically started following that thread. This no longer seems to be the case. Have to click follow on any thread I wish to follow now even after resetting my notifications setting. Weird. 

That's happened to some of the threads I reply to as well, but not every time.

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

Had the same thing at the start of the troubles. Went to "settings" and found that it and other settings had changed. Changed my settings back to "as was" and don't have any problems now.

13 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

I can see that you have 16711 posts.

Absolutely correct (I think), but I was talking about the post number in each thread. Some long threads have well over 2 or 300 posts and it is easier and its easier to find a post by its number that looking back at every page.

28 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Has anybody tried reseting your Google Chrome browser.

Better still remove it and download and install it again.

If I've helped consider sending me  1 million baht. 

The problem is known to be at the ThaiVisa Server end and has nothing to do with our circuits or browsers.  From 02-06 and from 32-38 (varies a bit but basically those times) server does not respond or takes forever to do so.   

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The problem is known to be at the ThaiVisa Server end and has nothing to do with our circuits or browsers.  From 02-06 and from 32-38 (varies a bit but basically those times) server does not respond or takes forever to do so.   

It seems to go deeper than that for me. I still have problems, not as bad, outside the "Twilight Zone".

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

It seems to go deeper than that for me. I still have problems, not as bad, outside the "Twilight Zone".

Yeah some people's complaints make it seem there is something else in the air. But my main suspect is someone's messed about with the coding. Not enough to break it completely, but enough.

I am soooo tired of this , so slow today !   4-5 minutes wait. 

And notifications only work on some threads not all.  The soccer forum will not show up and the same with this thread that I started in November. 

Crazy they can't fix it, and when will that server change happen ? 

34 minutes ago, balo said:

I am soooo tired of this , so slow today !   4-5 minutes wait. 

And notifications only work on some threads not all.  The soccer forum will not show up and the same with this thread that I started in November. 

Crazy they can't fix it, and when will that server change happen ? 

Yes being notified is very important. I'm not getting notified hardly.  Surely a code problem. Right?

There are open source forum scripts. Anybody recommend a new one?

I'll give it another month or so but without notifications it really kills the flow. Will probably hit aussie whirlpool forums then. 

I see that the red banner at the top of each page warning of technical difficulties had disappeared.

Shame the technical difficulties themselves haven't!

Can't TV find someone professional and competent to run their website?

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I see that the red banner at the top of each page warning of technical difficulties had disappeared.

Yes, they will - along with 'free beer tomorrow'.

????

On 12/26/2018 at 12:00 AM, lopburi3 said:

Is it possible that ThaiVisa is under some kind of scheduled DoS attack by some competitor, disgruntled former poster or the military dictatorship?

I'm kind of surprised it's not blocked altogether.  the website is high on Google search for Thailand Forum search. Some damning opinions are given and even factual information that hurts. 

I believe Thailand is great and the government is doing a fine job considering the circumstances.

Things should be back to normal pretty soon.

15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

It seems not,anyway my carrier pidgeon is now nearly trained and i will be able to post far quicker by attaching posts to its leg .

Archived