Activist Protests Higher Salaries For Generals

webfact

15 hours ago, Brigand said:

Their official salaries are just chunk change lunch money compared to the large amounts they rake in from other sources. What the generals should be doing is bumping up the minimum wage for average Thais, especially with an election just around the corner...maybe. This just looks bad. 

no they should not put up average thai wage but min wage by decrease all tax and living cost 

i never understood you people here

fact every economy runs best by decrease cost 

fact every person is greedy in different level

it conclude some things that seams to pass by the most people

corruption happens everywhere (in europe usa australia and rest of asia you name it)

and highly tax/living cost =high corruption 

im sure all of you can find a handful unfairly handling from you home country government without really give it a thought 

unfairly action ,not equal treatment, is what corruption basic is and unavoidble 

but low tax and living cost makes it affordable and a indication why its wide spread in asia

but now this is changing ,which makes it unbearable for low income salary 

this is a simplifyed version of why especially high ranking goverment employed ,paid by the people ,must be restrained from salery increase. 

exactly there option for greed

but this is just one of many things ,as how they get the rang, how the get their job, how long they can exercise there position and so on.

but any increase of salary tax, you can name on all average consuming goods ,which is crucial for us all as examples.

This should concern any government a great deal ,as these are the factors for bankruptcy and mistreatment of its population .

i could go on ,and im sure, all of you are able too help me.

but it seams like many forget this knowledge im sure they precess when they write there opinion

i assume they most here are not criminal and didnt leave there home country only for the weather ,so why did you and how does it harmonate with this ,do you realy want what you had before you left

for me it was the freedom, including spending my own money and not leave it for the government to do so.

this kind of thinking does not harmonate with me in any way.

but it seams like this ,is this governments way of doing things and look the consequences .

Those in the know can correct me if I am wrong but the Thai’s seem to have a Rank of Special Colonel and NOT Brigadier General. Which skews the numbers even more?

A move to cut the senior ranks by at least 50% and a change to a well-paid Professional Army would be an enlightened move which I believe Gen Chavalit advocated when he was the Army Commander.

As a “Sop” to the Draft advocates ALL 21 yrs. old men should be required to do the basic training, in this way they would be ready to serve if required, for most when they are assigned to their respective units once basic training has been completed they seem to do nothing productive.

On 11/16/2018 at 1:23 PM, watcharacters said:

When these flag officers retire they should become economists/financial advisors for LOS to show Thailand how to achieve new heights.

"The bill, which would increase monthly pay for five-star generals in all military branches by 5 percent from 72,965 baht to 76,604 baht".

They really know how to handle money.

Well they will make just over the 65,000 a month needed to retire in Thailand...

Undemocratic military rule.

An undemocratic, unelected, forcibly run dictatorial country!

Look back at history, anyone will can learn that

Thailand has suffered from military rule for decades! 

Individuals obsessed with power, not freedom or the quality of life for their own nationals.

I believe the meaning of the word Thailand, transliterated, is something on the lines of 'land of the free.' Cough!

By large in my opinion,  tourism keeps this country, (suffering a failing economy), afloat, helping to finance military rule plus unjustly high salaries to those very individuals imposing unjust hardship on so many Thais who are treated so poorly. 

Could tourism be the main reason why 'FARANG' are just about tolerated? 

It saddens me to think that the human race by large are unable to get along with one another...

Edited by Sonhia
Spelling mistake

12 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

Undemocratic military rule.

An undemocratic, unelected, forcibly run dictatorial country!

Look back at history, anyone will can learn that

Thailand has suffered from military rule for decades! 

Individuals obsessed with power, not freedom or the quality of life for their own nationals.

I believe the meaning of the word Thailand, transliterated, is something on the lines of 'land of the free.' Cough!

By large in my opinion,  tourism keeps this country, (suffering a failing economy), afloat, helping to finance military rule plus unjustly high salaries to those very individuals imposing unjust hardship on so many Thais who are treated so poorly. 

Could tourism be the main reason why 'FARANG' are just about tolerated? 

It saddens me to think that the human race by large are unable to get along with one another...

Yet, everyone I know and know of are quite free, independent, and self-sufficient - allowing themselves to live as they see fit without the hardship of everyday "dictatorial" repression that many imagine for themselves. 

Must be thinking of another Thailand or you don't really live here or not terribly everyday observant or make things up that really don't exist. These ailments seem to be commonplace among the good membership of TVF and other places..

3 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Yet, everyone I know and know of are quite free, independent, and self-sufficient - allowing themselves to live as they see fit without the hardship of everyday "dictatorial" repression that many imagine for themselves. 

Must be thinking of another Thailand or you don't really live here or not terribly everyday observant or make things up that really don't exist. These ailments seem to be commonplace among the good membership of TVF and other places..

You repeat this claim, every time anyone comments adversely on the situation here viz-a-viz political and social freedoms in this society. Yes, Thais are left alone to live more or less as they choose, where they choose and how they choose, as long as that life and the way they live it does not cross some basic "red lines" with regard to political expression, social comment or beliefs. I am aware that such restrictions exist in many (all) societies, but here they are more constricting, and the government which constructs, applies and enforces them was not selected by the people, and is not subject to any oversight or review by the people. Likewise, they have no real say the in the decisions about how the country is run. For example, if, as has been floated, the current regime decides that they wish to curtail or close the public healthcare system, the people will have no real input into that decision, and no representation which can protest, debate or approve or prevent such action.

That is not liberty or freedom, that is being allowed to get on with one's life. The Thais acquiesce to this form of government, largely because they have no choice. Aquiescence is not the same as accepting or approving.

Edited by JAG