mother of thai girlfriend

Jame1982

39 minutes ago, Horace Lamb said:

Plenty of happy couples out there.  Fortunately they don't to answer to you.

My MIL finds me attractive and my wife gets quite embarrassed about it.  We've been together for years.  Takes all sorts and nothing to get excited about.

We all get along fine.

MIL have never mentioned if she finds me attractive - it’d be bit weird... she’s about 30years older than I (Wife 3yrs younger)....

Money has never come up... funny that.

I guess mutually respectful relationships are not borne of financial need (from one party)...  the huge age difference does lend itself to the generalisation of younger girl with older guy for financial security...

Nothing wrong with that if both are truly happy - but we see so many guys pulling the wool over their own eyes all too often... especially when money rears it’s ugly head... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Horace Lamb said:

Can there be lasting love the world over without the stability that finances provide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you saying folk fall in love after inspecting each others bank balance..?  ????

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Are you saying folk fall in love after inspecting each others bank balance..?  ????

Looks like it. And why not? In these third world countries it is common for a lady to inspect her potential husband's wealth. "How many goats you have teelak?" "You can give mom and poppa a little gold?" "You can buy sister a buffalo?" "Lady, in next village has land; hot sale. You can buy for us please? Good for future."

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Horace Lamb said:

Can there be lasting love the world over without the stability that finances provide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, money has nothing to do with love. Life is a lot better with money and money is there for some people to forget about the nasty things in a relationship. .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

No, but I daresay most people want to know someone is good with finances.  I wouldn't bother with a guy with a ton of gambling debt, who couldn't hold a job, who would expect me to support him, etc.  Financial irresponsibility and/or lack of financial independence is a dealbreaker for a lot of people.  I wouldn't inspect a guy's bank account, and I don't give a crap how much he makes, but I'd certainly want to know he can and does pay his bills, and I'm sure he would want to know the same about me-- I would expect him to.

4 hours ago, Katia said:

No, but I daresay most people want to know someone is good with finances.  I wouldn't bother with a guy with a ton of gambling debt, who couldn't hold a job, who would expect me to support him, etc.  Financial irresponsibility and/or lack of financial independence is a dealbreaker for a lot of people.  I wouldn't inspect a guy's bank account, and I don't give a crap how much he makes, but I'd certainly want to know he can and does pay his bills, and I'm sure he would want to know the same about me-- I would expect him to.

Sorry but I am one of those who does not put a "price" on Love..????

8 hours ago, transam said:

Sorry but I am one of those who does not put a "price" on Love..????

I don't either, but I want someone who wants me as a partner, not a mommy; I want a mature adult relationship, not the dependence of somebody needy.  I've learned from mistakes of too many friends who ended up stuck supporting another grown-ass adult... nope.  I pay my own bills, can stand on my own two feet, and don't expect a man to support me, and I don't think it's out of line to ask the same from him.  If he works at McDonald's, fine.  If he's head surgeon at the Mayo Clinic or CEO of a big company, fine.  As long as he's responsible, I don't care.  THAT is what not putting a price on love is, not falling as a sucker for everyone out there who will suck you dry.

• Like 2