U.S.-Mexico border crossing closed after migrant protest halted in Tijuana

webfact

2 hours ago, JAG said:

I am well aware that, in some but by no means all international borders, there is sometimes a strip of land in between the border markers.

You are NOT well aware of this USA border crossing...... It has neutral zone areas on both sides that neither USA or Mexico clain to be it's own............ Better learn a bit more before you try to cover your mistakes..............

• Like 1

Yeah, sure, no small children were harmed in this "trump" propaganda show. Why are the migrant hopefuls acting up? Extreme frustration. Vicious white nativist "trump" policies making even seeking asylum legally so difficult that it's designed to discourage people from even trying. The world watches. This is the America that says it is a good country to be admired? Please.

‘These children are barefoot. In diapers. Choking on tear gas.’

A little girl from Honduras stares into the camera, her young features contorted in anguish. She’s barefoot, dusty, and clad only in a diaper and T-shirt. And she’s just had to run from clouds of choking tear gas fired across the border by U.S. agents.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/11/26/these-children-are-barefoot-diapers-choking-tear-gas/?utm_term=.448186d287d0

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Tug said:

Hey swadeekin did you ever think it might be so hopeless at home that they think the risk is worth it?scary thought yes?

HEY!!!!! Tug.......  Scary yes............ Do you think all these people deserve any 'Priority' over others in the same boat?????? 

Obviously your concentration is only on these 'border crashers' in the news and not the people that are hurting throughout the world......... We.... The USA can't ..... and shouldn't........ be expected to shoulder the responsibilities of saving 'all the world's 'hurting' populations....... These 'Asylum' seekers' already refused Asylum offers from Mexico......... Spread your legs and pull your head out of that dark hole in your backside...........

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Tug said:

Hey swadeekin did you ever think it might be so hopeless at home that they think the risk is worth it?scary thought yes?

No, his sort don't think, they are too busy shouting!

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sawadeeken said:

Thank you Mr. JAG for not shouting.......... I will do likewise..........

Your post I was replying to claimed that Our US  border protection agents shot tear gas and rubber bullets at people in MEXICO (another country)   BS     ............. That 'strip of land as you like it disguise it is actually, and factually a 'Neutral zone' that neither country considers it's own ............. so the deterrant shots were fired into a 'neutral zone' and not into another country........ Mexico could claim it an act of war if YOU were correct........... BUT THEY DIDN'T............. LOL .....

Umh - you ended up shouting...

• Confused 1

Ha ha are we having a bad day lol just so you know it took me 2 and 1/2 years to get my wife’s visa to join me I bo bo ed and married her in Thailand that was back in 82 yes we are still together so your preference comment kinda falls flat with me being extorted by gangs in the home country’s adds a bit of ergency to the matter btw it is never ok to shoot at or gas’s women or kids no matter how you feel about the border I and nobody I know wants or espouses open borders this I can tell you Donald has no interest in solving this problem it is much to useful to use as a distraction and as a tool of dividing us

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Not long ago there was a generous offer by Mexico's govt to give these migrants temporary work permits to allow them a safe existence away from the immediately life threatening existence they fled from. Any refugee would be extremely grateful for an opportunity to build a safe life in Mexico, where they speak a common language and share much cultural traits.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-45999610

Ignoring such generosity and instead trying to storm the US border en masse, does two things. 1)prove they are the "invaders" that President Trump has already claimed, and 2)wiped out any and all sympathy for their situation.

The sad thing here is that genuine refugees, the young, weak and vulnerable that really were being persecuted will suffer. 

Its easy to sit on the sidelines grandstanding about your deep humanity. Go there and help these people in their own country as a volunteer instead of telling the world you sit on the moral high ground. People in modern western countries fought wars, made sacrifices, worked hard, voted for sensible leaders(most cases),got educated, etc. There is something rotten in these countries and Trump needs to invade & establish Law & Order, eliminate gangs & corruption. The list goes on Honduras, Venezuela, & Guartamela. If they can't run their country & other countries get the fallout (refugees) then its time to take action. The bleeding hearts who wear their charity only on their sleeve need to open up their houses so these people have somewhere to live or shut up.

• Confused 1

Thankyou for your service and injectiong a bit of sanity into this thread most folks know it is a very solvable problem if the will and leadership are present sadly the present occupant of the white House wants to use it in a non humanitarian way to further his agenda sad but thanks again mr Scott 

9 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

not wanted in America by many Americans

Except to pick their crops, mow their lawns, clean their pools, be nannies to their children.

Do all the jobs 'Real' Americans will not do.

And all this time be paid starvation wages, live in squalor, and be kicked out of the country when their work is done.

"Hypocrisy - the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Except to pick their crops, mow their lawns, clean their pools, be nannies to their children.

Do all the jobs 'Real' Americans will not do.

And all this time be paid starvation wages, live in squalor, and be kicked out of the country when their work is done.

"Hypocrisy - the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense"

Actually, once people migrate to the US the right way, they can attend community colleges or trade schools and get good paying jobs.  Some go on to attend universities and the sky is the limit. 

"Hypocrisy," I think not.  For those who come in illegally, they do tend to end up with lower wages (not starvation wages), and don't live in squalor.  You sound as though you are one of those European's who hate America.

America is still the land of opportunity. That along with a chance to take advantage of welfare, is why these people are trying to get into the US. If you can't make it in the US, you are either sick, lame, or lazy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

You sound as though you are one of those European's who hate America.

Hint - the Can does not stand for Cancun

I do not Hate anybody - their actions ... yes

Bigotry, Arrogance, Racism, Xenophobia, blindly following your 'Elected' (a joke in itself) leaders like a Sheep.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Hint - the Can does not stand for Cancun

I do not Hate anybody - their actions ... yes

Bigotry, Arrogance, Racism, Xenophobia, blindly following your 'Elected' (a joke in itself) leaders like a Sheep.

I think you have me confused with someone else. ????

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Actually, once people migrate to the US the right way, they can attend community colleges or trade schools and get good paying jobs.  Some go on to attend universities and the sky is the limit. 

"Hypocrisy," I think not.  For those who come in illegally, they do tend to end up with lower wages (not starvation wages), and don't live in squalor.  You sound as though you are one of those European's who hate America.

America is still the land of opportunity. That along with a chance to take advantage of welfare, is why these people are trying to get into the US. If you can't make it in the US, you are either sick, lame, or lazy.

Did you learn that piece of nonsense about welfare from the Bible? There's very very little elgibility for undocumented aliens. Just more right wing beating up on the poor nonsense.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Did you learn that piece of nonsense about welfare from the Bible? There's very very little elgibility for undocumented aliens. Just more right wing beating up on the poor nonsense.

Another comment which goes nowhere. You do understand he was referring to migrating to the US the lawful way increases their chances at success. Yet, somehow the bible get referenced. Amazing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Another comment which goes nowhere. You do understand he was referring to migrating to the US the lawful way increases their chances at success. Yet, somehow the bible get referenced. Amazing.

Applying for Asylum IS legal.   

Amazing.

• Thanks 1

The Number of Illegal Immigrants in the U.S. Has Dropped, a Study Says. Here Are 5 Takeaways.

Shortly after then-candidate Donald Trump announced his presidential campaign, he suggested that the number of undocumented immigrants living in the United States could exceed 30 million. But a new study puts the number far lower and shows a significant decline over more than a decade.

The study, published by the Pew Research Center on Tuesday, put the number of undocumented immigrants in the United States at 10.7 million in 2016, down from a peak of 12.2 million in 2007.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/27/us/illegal-immigrants-population-study.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage