Smiling buffalo's former owner mad as hell about crowdfunded sale

snoop1130

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Accompanied by a gadfly ultra-conservative lawyer, an angry Boonlert Kanpakdee went to police in Bangkok’s Khan Na Yao today to complain that he hadn’t meant to sell Tongkum the buffalo and never expected Surat Phaeoket to actually come up with his 100,000 baht asking price.

Not sure what an ultra-conservative lawyer has got to do with it.  Seriously you couldn't make this up.

Good luck to the buyer. 

• Like 1

Tongkum the Buffalo. I suspected Thais were giving them names, after all, the best earning member of the family thanks to all that love from the Farangs. I think it would be appropriate to name at least one a John, though.
Dutch cows have names too, nothing unusual at all. I did some accounting for Dutch farmers so i know. I had to look at cattle registration cards too.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The water buffalo... today almost useless as it has been replaced by the iron buffalo:
image.png.4c84b5f1d31fda4b4a0786f83b50fb62.png

Actually, we have 2 water buffaloes in the college! They were gifts from a local farmer that didn't use them anymore and he had come to realize that raising cows on the small grassing area he has would give him a better profit. Initially he had actually tried to sell them, but no farmers in the area were interested as no one is using water buffaloes around here...

• Like 1