Dead dugong found in Trang sent to Phuket

webfact

Dead dugong found in Trang sent to Phuket

By The Thaiger

1543221532_110095.jpg

PHOTOS: DMCR

A dugong has been found dead in the sea off Trang province. The body was sent to Phuket for further examination.

Jatupohn Burutpat, director-general of the Department of Marine and Coastal says, “the dead dugong was found in the sea near Koh Libong in Trang.”

“It was a female dugong, 2 metres long and weighing 250 kilograms. No severe wounds were found on its body. The dead dugong was sent to Phuket Marine Biology Centre (PMBC) to find the cause of dead.”

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/dead-dugong-found-in-trang-sent-to-phuket

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-11-27

I'm sure I'm not the only one:

du·gong
/ˈdo͞oˌɡäNG,ˈdo͞oˌɡôNG/
noun

1. an aquatic mammal found on the coasts of the Indian Ocean from eastern Africa to northern Australia. It is distinguished from the manatees by its forked tail.

dugong.jpg

6 hours ago, quandow said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one:

du·gong
/ˈdo͞oˌɡäNG,ˈdo͞oˌɡôNG/
noun

1. an aquatic mammal found on the coasts of the Indian Ocean from eastern Africa to northern Australia. It is distinguished from the manatees by its forked tail.

dugong.jpg

Have been startled by the sudden appearance of these things alongside the boat when fishing in Sharks Bay. You'd have trouble getting a big one on that truck.