scammed on facebook

jvs

13 minutes ago, lust said:

What are you hoping as an outcome from this thread?

Like i said in my op,i hope to get some suggestions about what i can do to get my money back or in what way i can maybe charge him?

18 minutes ago, jvs said:

Like i said in my op,i hope to get some suggestions about what i can do to get my money back or in what way i can maybe charge him?

Nothing can be done. Next time do your due diligence BEFORE sending money, not after.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

As you made an online Bank Transaction the Police should be able to get access (with a Warrant) to his Account, his address and phone number (if he was able to register his Bank account with his real details). 

Thus - it pretty much depends what its worth to do you resolve this. Unless you have connections you may well find yourself 'donating' more to persuade a Policeman who is in a position of sufficient power to do something about this. 

• Like 1

It's been reported that Big Joke has an official facebook page where such scams can be reported and maybe action taken. Likely that the chance of catching a scamming foreigner could appeal to him.

Just be wary that the guy is not connected in a way that could possibly backfire.

Another possible way back could be to string him along and waste his time using a false name and give him the impression he is in line to make a lot of dough on a sale that never quite happens. A bit like some of the 419 scam responses (e.g. continual wrong account numbers when you advise of non existent transfers to the guy).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dabhand said:

Just be wary that the guy is not connected in a way that could possibly backfire.

Before we get too excited then we might want to wait for confirmation of the amount scammed.

Okay, any amount scammed is not welcome but is very much relevant before we pull the sabres. 

1 minute ago, OneEyedPie said:

Before we get too excited then we might want to wait for confirmation of the amount scammed.

Okay, any amount scammed is not welcome but is very much relevant before we pull the sabres. 

Like i said before ,it is not a large amount.The exact amount does not matter,i do not like to be treated like this.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KittenKong said:

And if it really is a foreigner doing it, report it to Immigration too. They really seem to enjoy going after foreign crooks. 

Report him for doing illegal business, internet trading :whistling:

Surely this is a crime that falls under the computer crimes act if ever there was one. If they can charge that poor farmer for this then the guy who ripped the OP off has no chance. Now the OP just needs a connected lawyer and a bent copper and this guy is going away for at least 10 years. ????

• Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:50 AM, jvs said:

Like i said before ,it is not a large amount.The exact amount does not matter,i do not like to be treated like this.

Do it Thai style. Get a bunch of old TVFers together and beat the crap out of him (make sure they are sober and have taken their daily meds). You know, 10 on 1 like we read here sometimes.

(No, bad idea, just joking)

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 8:19 PM, jvs said:

It's a cyber crime and should be reported to the cyber crime unit. Regular police won't have a clue.

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

It's a cyber crime and should be reported to the cyber crime unit. Regular police won't have a clue.

Do you know where to contact them?I went to regular police and they basicly told me to go away.