Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Of course you have the links to prove him wrong which I am sure that you will publish.

A link to prove the original assertion you should be surely be calling for first...?

Newcastle and County Durham are now 97.2% Remain. How do I know? I made it up on the spot and as everyone knows in 2019, that is good enough.

Except it isn't. Bill, I know you we disagree on the Brexit issue, but don't allow yourself to be dragged down to this level of non-debate. Just suffer the sheeple on both sides to duke it out with their slogans from their respective motherships while the actual brains try to figure out where we go from here...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aright said:

It has been obvious for some time that TM's plan is not going to work out so down the pub last night Cornflake came up with a new proposal.

We stay as a member of the EU for the next forty odd years and during this time the EU will pay us £55 billion per annum but to be fair we will give some of it back to them on condition they spend it where we tell them to. We will initiate all legislation affecting the EU but member states can have no input to the legislation and can only vote yes or no. After forty more years we will have another referendum.

It was generally agreed after Kneecap had done the count there was nothing not to like about this plan. The plan is familiar territory for the EU so we would not anticipate any problem with 27 member states signing up to it.

Now have another 20 beers and even more nonsense will appear. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Sir Ivan Rogers has said Britain is not ready to face Brussels in the massively complex trade negotiations that will begin if Theresa May gets her Brexit deal through parliament: 

“[The future trade negotiation] is a much bigger task for London - for Whitehall and Westminster - than the negotiation we have just been through. It’s going to involve every department of state in depth from the top of those departments right down through the system ...

You’ve got to have confidence as chief trade negotiator, both at an official and ministerial level, that you have got a highly competent set of people in every area from aviation to energy to phytosanitary to competition to employment. In every area, you’ve got to have vetted that team, know it’s got the capabilities, know it’s got the resources, know it’s got the legal framework and the background and be at least as good as the team on the opposite side of the table. It isn’t the case. We are not in that position.“

(https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2019/mar/04/brexit-latest-news-admits-16bn-for-poorer-towns-to-be-spent-over-next-seven-years-politics-live)

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Sir Ivan Rogers has said Britain is not ready to face Brussels in the massively complex trade negotiations that will begin if Theresa May gets her Brexit deal through parliament: 

“[The future trade negotiation] is a much bigger task for London - for Whitehall and Westminster - than the negotiation we have just been through. It’s going to involve every department of state in depth from the top of those departments right down through the system ...

You’ve got to have confidence as chief trade negotiator, both at an official and ministerial level, that you have got a highly competent set of people in every area from aviation to energy to phytosanitary to competition to employment. In every area, you’ve got to have vetted that team, know it’s got the capabilities, know it’s got the resources, know it’s got the legal framework and the background and be at least as good as the team on the opposite side of the table. It isn’t the case. We are not in that position.“

(https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2019/mar/04/brexit-latest-news-admits-16bn-for-poorer-towns-to-be-spent-over-next-seven-years-politics-live)

its perfectly clear trade deals with any worthwhile nations (no disrespect to palastine and the faroes) are years away and the country cannot afford to wait and just hope they come along,this more than anything else is the reason MPs wont let a no deal happen,and its about time the few MPs left who still want brexit had the balls to just admit defeat for the good of the country and go and form another party together and fight another day if they are that united and dedicated to brexit.

• Like 1

More from him:

”These fantasies of release and liberation – they are fantasies. We are going to be negotiating on everything from aviation to farming for evermore with our biggest neighbour. We cannot live in glorious isolation. Talk to the Swiss and to the Norwegians – they live in a permanent state of negotiation with the EU.” (...) Rogers predicted a (...) brutal row over the UK’s requirement to pay its outstanding negotiated payments to the EU.

(https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/04/theresa-may-did-not-understand-eu-when-she-triggered-brexit)

• Like 1

I suppose we could give them a tenner monthly..once they explain in great detail to the UK tax-payers why the eu accounts have not been signed off for over 20 years
Where has the very copious amounts of unacounted money went to?????
Drunkard's wine collection etc etc ???

Time to let proven hard headed businessmen/women take over all the wheeling/dealing with the brussels mob....bin the civil servants..particularly remaining ones.
Hire the best people to do the job for the British people..obviously no one of the eu need apply.
Remoaning T May's made a total up of everything..it's time she was sent out to pasture.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

I suppose we could give them a tenner monthly..once they explain in great detail to the UK tax-payers why the eu accounts have not been signed off for over 20 years
Where has the very copious amounts of unacounted money went to?????
Drunkard's wine collection etc etc ???

Time you got your facts straight, Greengrass!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

My facts are straight!! Plenty grass in phuket I see

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-auditors-sign-eu-budget/

Please don't post disinformation here.

Its hard to tell if this is done with malintent, ignorance or stupidity. Anyway, the situation is complex enough and serious enough without bringing fake news in to the mix. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

This ITV Investigation was a bit of an eye opener on IPlayer this morning.

Yes, this is quite appalling 

Doesn't matter which side of the divide your are on this must be stopped

I suggest banning all "social" media until they can moderate themselves properly. 24 month prison sentences for obscene and or violent threats.

What kind of country has the U.K. Become?

Stop Brexit and everything else until we have 20,000 more police and social media blocked.

40 minutes ago, Grouse said:

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-auditors-sign-eu-budget/

Please don't post disinformation here.

Its hard to tell if this is done with malintent, ignorance or stupidity. Anyway, the situation is complex enough and serious enough without bringing fake news in to the mix. Thanks.

Get off your high horse Grouse, and check out who funds

the fullfact.org  Not a pretty 'sight'.

Edited by talahtnut
addition
  • Like 2