Walking street fight: Chinese told "you're not leaving until you apologize"

webfact

Walking street fight: Chinese told "you're not leaving until you apologize"

5pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Siamchon

A fight broke out this morning at Taboo Club in Walking Street, Pattaya after a bouncer insisted that a Chinese tourist apologize to a bar girl who he had rejected. 

Some Chinese tourists had gone to the bar and been approached by bar girls. But Yang Zhan, 25, didn't fancy his and requested that she not sit down with him. 

But the bar girl was persistent causing a drunk Yang to shout at her at the top of his voice, reported Siamchon News. This upset the bar girl who was affronted. 

When it came time to leave a bouncer said the tourist could not go until an apology had been issued. 

Yang's refusal to comply with this request resulted in fisticuffs and an injury over Yang's right eyebrow and a heart shaped hole in the rear of his apparel. 

All the participants in the melee including the manager of the club were taken to the police station.

The people involved in the fight were all fined though Siamchon omitted to detail the exact sums that were levied.

While the manager was prosecuted for serving alcohol after hours and remaining open after hours. 

The tourists said it was terrible to face such a situation when out for a quiet drink. 

This was detrimental to tourism, they opined.

Source: Siamchon

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-29

• Confused 1

My policy is "anything to save face and let everyone else do the same." People who start fights inside these places, do not realize that it is impossible to win. Pay up and SHUT UP!!

Edited by KhunFred
  • Sad 1

My policy is "anything to save face and let everyone else do the same." People who start fights inside these places, do not realize that it is impossible to win. Pay up and SHUT UP!!

Did he start the fight? Seems like he was trying to leave when stopped by the bouncer who decided he should apologise.For what?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Far from being a supporter of the Chinese hordes, but this case just shows the average mentality of bar girls who are just there to make a fast buck and don't care for the customer....fine, as it is part of the game............. but I would not expect much of a wild or stimulating ST or Long time in doing a "take away" with such a girl !!

• Like 2

Wouldn't be surprised to see additional actions against this bar considering the present climate of concern involving Chinese tourism. Though clashes with drunk tourists are probably a nightly occurrence on WS, clashes with Chinese tourists are more likely rarer and besides this guy didn't look too drunk to me. This minor action will catch the attention of the powers to be due to the perceived loss of tourist dollar potential. The girl in the bar was probably insulted and lost face but the situation has been exasperated by the general health of the economy, many countries (including China) have seen a hit to their currencies and earning power. As the economic vice gets tighter for the people working the service industry in Thailand, patience will be getting thin indeed.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

and a heart shaped hole in the rear of his apparel. 

Also known as the post scrap ripped tee-shirt .. 

This upset the bar girl who was affronted. 

Easily done .. 

The people involved in the fight were all fined though Siamchon omitted to detail the exact sums that were levied

501 baht ? :ph34r:

3 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Something similar happened to me, but I wasn't even in a bar, but on the street talking to friends who were sitting on stools outside a bar. 

One girl, decided it was ok to come out and touch my posterior. I told her that if I wanted something that I would let her know.

She then proceeded to rant that it was her boyfriend's bar. I suggested that I wasn't even on the pavement in front of the bar, but on the road and she should take care of her boyfriend instead of touching me.

She took umbrage to that and called over a motorcycle taxi rider. He looked and me, I looked at him....and then he went away.

So she got more mad. Eventually some foreigner, perhaps British, got involved and instantly regretted it.

In the aftermath, some Russians came over and congratulated me. One particular motorcycle taxi driver who works nearby still approaches me after all these years, stating something about good fighting and exchanging pleasantries.

I avoid having anything to do with that kind of entertainment. They don't need to touch me.

A polite miow kap (sp) may have negated the need for you to be such a hero.

• Like 2