More state university board directors quit to avoid declaring assets

webfact

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

To be sure the NACC is doing their job. Else its still not sure we are in Thailand after all.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I just don’t see why those who actually are just doing their job and whose assets are in line with their income, should have such assets published for the public to see. 

A large team of federal (competent and non corrupt) federal prosecutors and judges (not the ones in the mountain housing), asset seizures along with forfeitures and convictions and incarcerations is the only way to stop this.
I'm not optimistic of there being widespread non biased reform.  There will be a few scapegoats and then back to the 3 ring circus.

Not my country, not my problem.  As one poster said, entertaining, although sad that the general public is getting corn holed and the kids are getting robbed of a quality education.

• Like 2

I just don’t see why those who actually are just doing their job and whose assets are in line with their income, should have such assets published for the public to see. 
Because people dont trust those who review the figures. Also if the public sees it and they might know of more assets that are not declared they could report that.

Too bad for those people but its part of the job in a country filled with corruption.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Because people dont trust those who review the figures. Also if the public sees it and they might know of more assets that are not declared they could report that.

Too bad for those people but its part of the job in a country filled with corruption.

If they don’t trust those who review the figures, how can they trust what is published by them...

• Like 2

If nothing to hide, if all wealth is legitimate, why all the fuss about full declaration?

This sounds too much like that "no collusion" guy on the other side of the world that needed a barrage of lawyers and a year of time to help him answer a few simple questions.

Same shit, different country.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

NACC has agreed under pressure to extend the deadline for wealth declaration until January 31 supposedly to give more time to the affected council and board members to prepare their documentation.

I received all my assets from a dead friend.  "Ok.  Case closed!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Number 6 said:

This can only be a good thing, it should be celebrated. Perhaps bring in some foreign academics and administrators.

The ironies of these actions are rather astounding. It speaks volumes for the weaknesses of Thai education, leadership, governance and honesty.

This is another plus for this government, besides bringing the country out of it's stupor.

I do see a slow lessening and even disappearance of envelopes.

At least in Khon Kaen.

The sorry spectacle of university directors electing to resign rather than face public scrutiny of their assets comes only days after news of Thai schools inventing "ghost" pupils to plunder more money from government coffers. 

They are latest in a seemingly endless saga of unsavoury incidents which have brought approprium to a shambolic education system with the unique distinction of having one of the largest education budgets and one of the worst educational records in the world.

If I were a Thai taxpayer helping to fund this farce with billions of baht every year, I should now be demanding an independent inquiry into the running what appears to be a cross between a sinking ship and a gravy train off the rails.