Checklist: Application For An One Year Extension Of Stay Based Upon Retirement

Did mine at CW few weeks back. In the past several years I had never been asked for map. This time I was and fortunately had a flyer with condo address and map on back. IO officer accepted it no problems. On your list you might add regarding bank book a deposit on day you attend imm

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Did mine at CW few weeks back. In the past several years I had never been asked for map. This time I was and fortunately had a flyer with condo address and map on back. IO officer accepted it no problems. On your list you might add regarding bank book a deposit on day you attend imm

At Jomtien now, the bank book should have a transaction, withdrawal or deposit, on the same date as the bank letter. That transaction should be done just prior to requesting the letter, so that the letter amount and photo copy of bank book last page transaction balance match. Only 1 copy of documents is required for Jomtien.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, glegolo said:

Considering this is a multi-country forum, I think you have also lost the affadavit (income-letter) in your list.

For simplification the financial proof in this checklist is based only on using 800,000 THB in a Thai Bank. Sorry, I forgot to state this in the remarks section ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

On your list you might add regarding bank book a deposit on day you attend imm

It's not possible to edit the first post anymore. But also think on the case someone is having a Fixed Account Passbook. In this case it's not possible to make a deposit anyway.

• Like 1

Umm, just reflected on my last post. I recall my first ever 12 month extension. Glad I had my Thai partner with me. I had bank letter from day before my visit to CW imm. Anyway the io insisted to see activity ON THE DAY. My gf ran off to bank in building and deposited 100baht. Please members don't post your experience is different. Of course it may be....its up to the io.

Just wondering how it works with fixed deposit a/c..

• Like 1

"showing funds on deposit for the required period (last 2 respectively 3 months)"

Just wondering why for the last TWO  respectively 3 months...That equals the previous 6 months...when you are only required to have it lodged for the previous 3 months ?

PS...forgot to mention...your OP will be a really great help to those who were unsure before now...Thanking you.

Edited by dotpoom
  • Like 2

Keep in mind that it seems almost every Immigration office has different requirements and those requirements can (and often will) change without notice.

For example, in Jomtien you only need one photocopy of the different pages, your "proof of address" can be a photocopy of the front/rear of your Thai Drivers License (if you have one) and, if you are using a Fixed Term deposit for the financial requirement - the passbook needs to be updated (and you need the bank letter of course) but you don't have to show any transactions on the account.

As I deal with the Jomtien office, I made a checklist a couple years ago with what they wanted. Then, each time I renewed my Extension, I updated the list with any changes (like when they told me I could use my Thai license for proof of address and when they told me they wanted my phone number written in beside/below my signature on the TM.7 form).

Generally, the first thing I do after I have renewed my Extension, is to make photocopies of the new stamps (Extension and Multi Re-entry), update the checklist (if need be) and get next year's paperwork set up in a folder (photocopies of my Drivers License, extra photos, etc) so that I'm not scrambling at the last moment. 

The process is really not that difficult or time consuming. Really makes me wonder why people pay huge amounts to agents to do what takes me maybe 1 1/2 hours over 2 days (because of the Multi Re-entry permit I get every year which adds a half hour to the task).

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

"showing funds on deposit for the required period (last 2 respectively 3 months)"

Just wondering why for the last TWO  respectively 3 months...That equals the previous 6 months...when you are only required to have it lodged for the previous 3 months ?

PS...forgot to mention...your OP will be a really great help to those who were unsure before now...Thanking you.

I believe he is referring to the time the money needs to be seasoned for the initial Visa or for an Extension (when using the money in bank method).

• Like 1

The above post is a good example of being organized and "knowing the ropes. Im not as organized but agree it isn't that difficult. I mix with many colourful blokes esp the older xpats in places like udon etc.

Fact is many have no clue or ability to do their paperwork in order. I say ", get your s### together" seriously it seems too difficult to them. Lot use an agent and I can understand why.

Regarding Proof of Residency, I have never been asked for that perhaps because I showed the Yellow Book ???? years ago along with the Pink Card and my Immigration office has never asked for anything other than the financial details 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, glegolo said:

Considering this is a multi-country forum, I think you have also lost the affadavit (income-letter) in your list. I think there is a huge number of people from other countries besides UK, Australia Denmark and USA you know...

glegolo

Exactly,I did my extension with a affidavit from German embassy last week at immigration Sriracha,they didn't ask for any bank books or other financial proof,but I had to draw a map and sign some overstay acknowledgement

• Thanks 1

I just got my 2nd year visa based on retirement in Korat. 

I did not have, and had to go get my bank book updated. I had the letter from the bank, which had to be done that morning, but for got to get the book updated. Needed copies of all pages in my bankbook, but immigration did it for me. Did not need previous visa copies except for the one in my passport. Never needed a transaction for that day from the bank.

Also never asked for a map. But, if you do everything possible, you might not need anything else, but you never can tell.

13 hours ago, NanYar said:

It's not possible to edit the first post anymore. But also think on the case someone is having a Fixed Account Passbook. In this case it's not possible to make a deposit anyway.

No,but the interest over the past year is entered on the day you get the bank letter, so should be no problem. At least, it never has at KK up to now.

• Like 1