The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I've  responded about our academy, in fact we've done this to death over the years, you and i. But here you go.

- During the sheikh mansour years City have not had a player from the academy who has established himself as a first choice pick player.

- Currently and going back one or two seasons we've had quite a few academy players who've made their debut. 

- This and last season Foden and Diaz have become 1st team regulars.

- During the sheikh mansour years the fact no academy player has established himself as a first choice pick player has not been detrimental to the teams performance and we have probably been the team that has performed the best and won the most trophies over the past 5 year period.

- And during the sheikh mansour ten-year period Spurs have won only the league cup in 2008, the first trophy since the league cup in 1999 (thats 2 trophies in nearly TWENTY YEARS)...Spurs are currently suffering their longest drought since the Second World War...and it is now 10 years 11 months and 10 days since Spurs won a trophy...highly embarrassing for a club of your size. But Alfie keep banging on about our academy while we keep winning and you don't :cheesy:

What !!!! Out of 28 PL, Cl and Fa cup games Foden has started 2 and out of 27 Pl and Cl games has started zero, how the fark is that a 1st team regular ? keep dreaming.Opps just noticed they have both made 3 appearences in the mickey mouse cup ????

Your right Spurs havn't won a trophy for quite a while but just imagine if we had of done, we'd be even more in front of you in the trophy haul. 

Edited by alfieconn

12 hours ago, alfieconn said:

What !!!! Out of 28 PL, Cl and Fa cup games Foden has started 2 and out of 27 Pl and Cl games has started zero, how the fark is that a 1st team regular ? keep dreaming.Opps just noticed they have both made 3 appearences in the mickey mouse cup ????

Your right Spurs havn't won a trophy for quite a while but just imagine if we had of done, we'd be even more in front of you in the trophy haul. 

Let's take a look at your point. 
Firstly, why do refer to 28 games when we have played 31 games in the 4 competitions?  
Secondly, I assume you will agree Danilo and Otamendi are a 1st team regulars. Danilo's played in 7 of City's 31 games and in 4 of City's 21 Premier games,  and Otamendi 's played in 15 of City's 31 games and in 9 of City's 21 Premier games. But Foden, who has played in 16 of City's 31 games and in 8 of City's 21 Premier games and has even got more appearances and time than Danilo in the CL, FA and the Carabo,  you argue isn't a now a 1st team regular.
You're showing YET AGAIN your lack of knowledge of what's going on at City. 
Stick to the Spurs thread mate if i was you.

"Opps just noticed they have both made 3 appearences in the mickey mouse cup ????" That Mickey Mouse trophy you refer to is the only trophy Spurs have won in the past 20 years so if you are trying to make the point its not worth winning that means you haven't won anything in the past 28 years since the FA cup in 1990/1991 - shocking!!! :cheesy:

"just imagine if we had of done, we'd be even more in front of you in the trophy haul". 
What the <deleted>! Were you drunk when you typed that 'what if'? 
'kin hell, football is full of what if's, but stick to the facts, you're a big club but you've won sweet <deleted> all in the past 20 years no matter how much you try to squirm away from it! So if talking about City's academy 'floats your boat' then you keep bringing up.

Think that's Me 3 vs nil You isn't it????

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Brahim Diaz is latest Manchester City kid to leave for multi-millions after his move to Real Madrid... Pep Guardiola's side have sold players with just 33 starts for £137m over years

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6568423/Manchester-Citys-136m-worth-sales-kids-Brahim-Diaz-sale-Real-Madrid.html

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Brahim Diaz is latest Manchester City kid to leave for multi-millions after his move to Real Madrid... Pep Guardiola's side have sold players with just 33 starts for £137m over years

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6568423/Manchester-Citys-136m-worth-sales-kids-Brahim-Diaz-sale-Real-Madrid.html

Crikey your quick on the draw, what's your nickname Whippet ? this was posted on Monday morning. 

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Firstly, why do refer to 28 games when we have played 31 games in the 4 competitions?  
Secondly, I assume you will agree Danilo and Otamendi are a 1st team regulars. Danilo's played in 7 of City's 31 games and in 4 of City's 21 Premier games,  and Otamendi 's played in 15 of City's 31 games and in 9 of City's 21 Premier games. But Foden, who has played in 16 of City's 31 games and in 8 of City's 21 Premier games and has even got more appearances and time than Danilo in the CL, FA and the Carabo,  you argue isn't a now a 1st team regular.

"Opps just noticed they have both made 3 appearences in the mickey mouse cup ????" That Mickey Mouse trophy you refer to is the only trophy Spurs have won in the past 20 years so if you are trying to make the point its not worth winning that means you haven't won anything in the past 28 years since the FA cup in 1990/1991 - shocking!!! :cheesy:

"just imagine if we had of done, we'd be even more in front of you in the trophy haul". 
'kin hell, football is full of what if's, but stick to the facts, you're a big club but you've won sweet <deleted> all in the past 20 years no matter how much you try to squirm away from it! So if talking about City's academy 'floats your boat' then you keep bringing up.

I hope you don't teach maths ....... What !!!! Out of 28 PL, Cl and Fa cup games Foden has started 2 and out of 27 Pl and Cl games has started zero, .Opps just noticed they have both made 3 appearances cup in the mickey mouse 

Now down south 28 + 3  = 31 not sure what it would make up north and no i wouldn't assume Danilo and Otamendi are first team regulars, but if you want Foden and Diaz to be classified as first team regulars then so be it ????

12 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Crikey your quick on the draw, what's your nickname Whippet ? this was posted on Monday morning. 

Read the article it's about ALL the kids they have sold not just that one, please keep up

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I hope you don't teach maths ....... What !!!! Out of 28 PL, Cl and Fa cup games Foden has started 2 and out of 27 Pl and Cl games has started zero, .Opps just noticed they have both made 3 appearances cup in the mickey mouse 

Now down south 28 + 3  = 31 not sure what it would make up north and no i wouldn't assume Danilo and Otamendi are first team regulars, but if you want Foden and Diaz to be classified as first team regulars then so be it ????

1. Not sure i get your point as i referred to 31 games played in the 4 competitions. 

2. You wouldn't consider Danilo and/or Otamendi first regulars? Bet everybody else would. But you keep 'em coming mate, you're a natural comedian.

3. Looks like youve had enough of our 'discussion' Alfie with your last comment. Best you stick to embarrasing yourself with your constant belittling of 3minus2. Pathetic :thumbsup:

29 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Read the article it's about ALL the kids they have sold not just that one, please keep up

What Alfie is going on about is i posted the same earlier. He could have just kept quiet but he likes to score points. He's harmless though. You keep posting chippy.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What Alfie is going on about is i posted the same earlier. He could have just kept quiet but he likes to score points. He's harmless though. You keep posting chippy.

I can already see ignoring him is best

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Not sure i get your point as i referred to 31 games played in the 4 competitions. 

2. You wouldn't consider Danilo and/or Otamendi first regulars? Bet everybody else would. But you keep 'em coming mate, you're a natural comedian.

3. Looks like youve had enough of our 'discussion' Alfie with your last comment. Best you stick to embarrasing yourself with your constant belittling of 3minus2. Pathetic :thumbsup:

I give up, what do you teach by the way ?

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So going by your criteria of being a first team regular how many do you have at City ?

Edited by alfieconn

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Playing in a game doesn't confirm how many minutes a player has played, In Fodens 8 appearances ( ave 11 min per appearence) in the PL he has only played 93 minutes out of 1,890 which equates to just over 1 full game. In the CL he has played 94 mins out of 540 min so again just over 1 game. He has played in all 3 League Cup and Fa cup games, so certainly a regular in the 2 domestic Cups but not a regular in the PL and CL unless  1 game out 21 and 1 game out of 6 constitutes being a regular. 

Edited by alfieconn

24 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Playing in a game doesn't confirm how many minutes a player has played, In Fodens 8 appearances ( ave 11 min per appearence) in the PL he has only played 93 minutes out of 1,890 which equates to just over 1 full game. In the CL he has played 94 mins out of 540 min so again just over 1 game. He has played in all 3 League Cup and Fa cup games, so certainly a regular in the 2 domestic Cups but not a regular in the PL and CL unless  1 game out 21 and 1 game out of 6 constitutes being a regular. 

I never stated the text ive highlighted bold, and all of the points you raise on minutes etc do not detract from the fact that Foden is considered by City's management and by City's fans like moi to now be a first time regular. I admire your spirit here arguing with a partisan fan on a subject which isn't yours but you're coming across as a bit of berk for persisting.

So how's that list of City players you're going to post coming along.

Well that was a proper drubbing. For Carm's, it was a total mis-match but happy that we took it very seriously and kept pressing for the full game. All too often players take their foot off the gas at 5-0 or so but we were ruthless. Would have been nice to have got to double figures

Only 32k turned up

Are the plans still going ahead to increase the capacity? Would be better off reducing it to made the stadium look full. Bolton have a bigger loyal fan base. Such a shame for top players to play in front of row upon row of empty seats and closed stands.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Only 32k turned up

Are the plans still going ahead to increase the capacity? Would be better off reducing it to made the stadium look full. Bolton have a bigger loyal fan base. Such a shame for top players to play in front of row upon row of empty seats and closed stands.

Can you hear me laughing? 

Empty seats at old Trafford. Never happen? One instance for you.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-close-entire-tier-7309893

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Only 32k turned up

Even I wouldn't say Bolton have a bigger fan base than City. Some misguided halfwits (e.g. Mark Ratcliffe) from Bolton support City. I doubt the reverse applies.

After the 4 clubs from Liverpool and Manchester we do have the biggest fanbase in Lancashire, but we do have the largest population too.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Well that was a proper drubbing. For Carm's, it was a total mis-match but happy that we took it very seriously and kept pressing for the full game. All too often players take their foot off the gas at 5-0 or so but we were ruthless. Would have been nice to have got to double figures

Do you really enjoy watching shooting fish in a barrel? Twice in 4 days?

17 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I never stated the text ive highlighted bold, and all of the points you raise on minutes etc do not detract from the fact that Foden is considered by City's management and by City's fans like moi to now be a first time regular. I admire your spirit here arguing with a partisan fan on a subject which isn't yours but you're coming across as a bit of berk for persisting.

So how's that list of City players you're going to post coming along.

Who said you did ? it was me stating, anyway it's irrelevent to what team we are talking when it's matter of fact that you said This and last season Foden and Diaz have become 1st team regulars. now the definition of regular being

Definition of regular (Entry 2 of 2)

d: a player on a team who usually starts every game

Now taking into account the definition of Regular and the fact that Foden has only participated in the equivalent one PL game and one CL game and Diaz even less, your above statement is incorrect, now i appreciate that you, City Management and the fans don't know the meaning of the word Regular but it is what it is but no doubt you will say the definition is wrong ( i think this confirms that you are not an English teacher either) . 

^I hope everybody has read your post Alfie and is pissing themselves as much as i am.

You've supposedly found a dictionary definition (made it up more like) of 'regular' and you're applying it to football to try to prove me wrong that Foden is a first team regular (can't believe I'm even entertaining your arguements).

Well in footballspeak we know that a 1st first regular means someone regularly involved in the first team, that doesn't necessarily  mean or refer to the amount of minutes or games or starts.

Foden is a City regular now, in fact City fans expect him to start.

Eric Garcia however isn't a 1st team regular even though he's started and played 90 minutes of the last 2 caraboa cup games.

Why isn't Garcia a 1st team regular while Foden is?

Because Foden trains and plays exclusively for the 1st team while Garcia trains and plays mainly for the academy but has been given recent opportunities to show in the 1st team by Pep. Foden will be in Peps mind for the Wolves premier game, while Garcia won't (I'd be amazed if he is).

You even doubt that Otamendi is a 1st team regular - an Argentinian international who has been a regular for our 1st team for several seasons and was picked for the last seasons PFA team - that's  how flawed and desperate your getting  here! 

Keep it coming ????

Ps. Hows that list of city players you're  going to post for me coming  along. Hurry up with it will ya.

31 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^I hope everybody has read your post Alfie and is pissing themselves as much as i am.

You've supposedly found a dictionary definition (made it up more like) of 'regular' and you're applying it to football to try to prove me wrong that Foden is a first team regular (can't believe I'm even entertaining your arguements).

Well in footballspeak we know that a 1st first regular means someone regularly involved in the first team, that doesn't necessarily  mean or refer to the amount of minutes or games or starts.

Foden is a City regular now, in fact City fans expect him to start.

Eric Garcia however isn't a 1st team regular even though he's started and played 90 minutes of the last 2 caraboa cup games.

Why isn't Garcia a 1st team regular while Foden is?

Because Foden trains and plays exclusively for the 1st team while Garcia trains and plays mainly for the academy but has been given recent opportunities to show in the 1st team by Pep. Foden will be in Peps mind for the Wolves premier game, while Garcia won't (I'd be amazed if he is).

You even doubt that Otamendi is a 1st team regular - an Argentinian international who has been a regular for our 1st team for several seasons and was picked for the last seasons PFA team - that's  how flawed and desperate your getting  here! 

Keep it coming ????

Ps. Hows that list of city players you're  going to post for me coming  along. Hurry up with it will ya.

Where i have mentioned Otamendi, show me, your even making up things now to try and prove a point !!!

Edited by alfieconn

On 1/9/2019 at 3:34 PM, alfieconn said:

Now down south 28 + 3  = 31 not sure what it would make up north and no i wouldn't assume Danilo and Otamendi are first team regulars, but if you want Foden and Diaz to be classified as first team regulars then so be it ????

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

There you go. You clearly stated that you wouldn't assume Danilo and Otamendi are first team regular.

Go on then, apologise.

Bless him. I think he had a bad day. Double quoting, quoting his own posts and now memory loss. 

It comes to us all at some time or another. 

• Haha 1