• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The worst 45 of the season. The worst 45 to watch of the season. AWFUL. Banana skin game? He could take off anyone, but get KDB and Gundogan off now for the Silvas...wake up!

How was that not a penalty on Sterling? 100%!!!

Credit to Huddersfield as well for battling. That tall speedy lad up front looks a handful.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

BB, the forum might be less tiresome for you if you stopped defending the indefensible.

Just agree to these 3 points, from which the basis of further discussions can be formed:

1. City are not committed to developing young players for the first team.

2. City have the smallest fan base in the top six.

3. There are many question marks surrounding City's financial conduct, in relation to UEFA regulations.

Just reply and type 'I agree' 3 times. Then maybe we can have some sensible debate about City.

Post something sensible Rick, anything, then we can have some sensible debate about City.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Post something sensible Rick, anything, then we can have some sensible debate about City.

I don't see how you can deny any of those 3 statements. Only the first one can be disputed to any degree. And how many academy products in the first XI today by the way? 

7 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The worst 45 of the season. The worst 45 to watch of the season. AWFUL. Banana skin game? He could take off anyone, but get KDB and Gundogan off now for the Silvas...wake up!

How was that not a penalty on Sterling? 100%!!!

Credit to Huddersfield as well for battling. That tall speedy lad up front looks a handful.

Unfortunately Huddersfield don't look like scoring either so you'll get away with it. 

For those of you who constantly go on about our "sugar daddy" and is it boring watching us score 6 goals every week etc.

This short article on Garry Cook explains how prior to the Abu Dhabi takeover we were close to bankruptcy. This is why no matter what trivial rubbish you throw at us, we have never been so happy. And long may it go on

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11611605/the-rise-of-manchester-city-from-bankruptcy-to-billions

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Better 2nd half but overall we didn't look interested. Lethargic. Glad that's over. 

KdB can't find his mojo.

Yeah it was more of a training ground run out. Pep giving game time to some. And yeah, KdB needs to get match fitness back ASAP

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

I don't see how you can deny any of those 3 statements. Only the first one can be disputed to any degree. And how many academy products in the first XI today by the way? 

If Tottenham are being counted in the top 6 I think the emptihad may be the 5th in terms of fan base.

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah it was more of a training ground run out. Pep giving game time to some. And yeah, KdB needs to get match fitness back ASAP

I get why Pep plays KDB deep but I'd like to see him further up the pitch looking for his shot. He has become more and more preoccupied with the killer long distance ball instead of moving the ball up the pitch and being patient.

44 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Why not bring on Foden? You’re cruising against a team who had nothing going forwards and you’re bringing on established players in front of the supposed future. Am i missing something obvious. ? How will they ever gain experience if not in games like this?

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

For those of you who constantly go on about our "sugar daddy" and is it boring watching us score 6 goals every week etc.

This short article on Garry Cook explains how prior to the Abu Dhabi takeover we were close to bankruptcy. This is why no matter what trivial rubbish you throw at us, we have never been so happy. And long may it go on

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11611605/the-rise-of-manchester-city-from-bankruptcy-to-billions

Garry C*ck would have been a more appropriate name.

20 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Why not bring on Foden? You’re cruising against a team who had nothing going forwards and you’re bringing on established players in front of the supposed future. Am i missing something obvious. ? How will they ever gain experience if not in games like this?

I agree. All I can think of is that we play again on Wednesday and I reckon Foden will get 90 mins in that one

8 hours ago, Kadilo said:

He will play, probably start, on Wednesday.

ManU fans might be able to help me out here - didn't Fergie slowly bring Giggs in to the team to protect him.

There's no rush with Foden. He's young. He's getting games. He's getting minutes. He's learning. Physically its a struggle for him (too lightweight yet; needs to get used to top level football). Let's not get carried away though that he's at the kevel of Silva Bernardo KdB and Gundogan.

Patience grasshoppers, patience.

In 1985, he began his youth career, playing for Manchester City. However, two years later in 1987, he moved to Manchester United youth team, where he stayed for the remainder of his playing career.

Giggs turned professional on 29 November 1990 (his 17th birthday) and made his League debut against Everton F.C. at Old Trafford on 2 March 1991, as a substitute for Denis Irwin. In his first full start, Giggs was credited with his first ever goal in a 1-0 win in the Manchester derby, though it appeared to be a Colin Hendry own goal.

He became a first-team regular early in the 1991-92 season, yet remained active with the youth system - captaining the team, made up of many of "Fergie's Fledglings", to an FA Youth Cup triumph in 1992. Giggs broke into the first team even though he was still aged only 17, and paved the way as the first of many Manchester United youth players to rise into the first team under Ferguson; a mark of his skill and maturity early on. That season, Giggs played in the team that finished as runners-up to Leeds United in the final year of old First Division before the advent of the Premier League. Giggs collected his first piece of silverware on 12 April 1992 as United defeated Nottingham Forest in the League Cup Final, after Giggs had set up Brian McClair to score the only goal of the game. At the end of the season, he was voted PFA Young Player of the Year.

22 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Please spare us the cut and paste jobs. Creative content only please, and I know you are up to it.

That was the only info I could find about how many games he played when he was first drafted in to the first team

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

In 1985, he began his youth career, playing for Manchester City. However, two years later in 1987, he moved to Manchester United youth team, where he stayed for the remainder of his playing career.

Giggs turned professional on 29 November 1990 (his 17th birthday) and made his League debut against Everton F.C. at Old Trafford on 2 March 1991, as a substitute for Denis Irwin. In his first full start, Giggs was credited with his first ever goal in a 1-0 win in the Manchester derby, though it appeared to be a Colin Hendry own goal.

He became a first-team regular early in the 1991-92 season, yet remained active with the youth system - captaining the team, made up of many of "Fergie's Fledglings", to an FA Youth Cup triumph in 1992. Giggs broke into the first team even though he was still aged only 17, and paved the way as the first of many Manchester United youth players to rise into the first team under Ferguson; a mark of his skill and maturity early on. That season, Giggs played in the team that finished as runners-up to Leeds United in the final year of old First Division before the advent of the Premier League. Giggs collected his first piece of silverware on 12 April 1992 as United defeated Nottingham Forest in the League Cup Final, after Giggs had set up Brian McClair to score the only goal of the game. At the end of the season, he was voted PFA Young Player of the Year.

Your writing is really coming along Chip Butty!

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

If Tottenham are being counted in the top 6 I think the emptihad may be the 5th in terms of fan base.

You rarely say something informed or sensible do you!!!  We're you aware that the authorities forced restrictions on us at Wembley?  No, of course you were not!! Anyway, don't let that get in the way!!

11 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

But in fairness Garry Cook's an absolute <deleted> knuckle isn't he!!

What does Richard Keys have to say on the subject i wonder!????

For me City still look a better side than Liverpool. Admittedly I only watched the second half yesterday.

Liverpool come to OT in a few games time. If we have done well in the first leg against PSG, you can guarantee the confidence will be sky high and we can take points off them. City just need to hang onto their coat tails and keep winning. I think scousers can also drop points against Leicester and West Ham. This title race is far from over. 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

For me City still look a better side than Liverpool. Admittedly I only watched the second half yesterday.

Liverpool come to OT in a few games time. If we have done well in the first leg against PSG, you can guarantee the confidence will be sky high and we can take points off them. City just need to hang onto their coat tails and keep winning. I think scousers can also drop points against Leicester and West Ham. This title race is far from over. 

Think you posted this on the wrong forum; try the liverpool forum.

Who's better City or Liverpool. I think in our games against each other it's been City, just. But i don't think the table lies currently; over the season so far they have been better, just. 

Of Liverpool's remaining games i think only ManU are capable of beating them. 

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Think you posted this on the wrong forum; try the liverpool forum.

In a pedantic mood today?

Liverpool only just scraped past Palace at home. Anyone in the top 6, plus teams like West Ham, are capable of beating them IMO.

Archived