The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, alfieconn said:

The results of the BBC "investigation" showed that Manchester City crowds were actually 14 per cent lower than the figures released by the club.

The BBC compared the attendance figure released by seven Premier League clubs with the “actual” figures uncovered by Freedom of Information requests made to police forces and local councils.

Have they not got better things to spend licence payers money on?

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

In a pedantic mood today?

Liverpool only just scraped past Palace at home. Anyone in the top 6, plus teams like West Ham, are capable of beating them IMO.

We've beaten United, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal, only lost to City in the top 6.

We've 100% win record to teams outside the top 6, 16 wins. 

"Don't Bogart that joint my friend" 

In a pedantic mood today?

Liverpool only just scraped past Palace at home. Anyone in the top 6, plus teams like West Ham, are capable of beating them IMO.

No. I just thought you took the easy option of posting on the City thread and not the scousers thread that's all.

41 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

We've beaten United, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal, only lost to City in the top 6.

There are two ways of looking at scraping a 4-3 win against an average team at home 

a) "Look this is the mark of champions, not playing well but still getting the three points"

or b) That you are actually looking very shaky, and that's a sign of things to come.

I prefer the latter perspective. 

20 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

There are two ways of looking at scraping a 4-3 win against an average team at home 

a) "Look this is the mark of champions, not playing well but still getting the three points"

or b) That you are actually looking very shaky, and that's a sign of things to come.

I prefer the latter perspective. 

The same team that beat City at home you are talking about. The same team that put 6 goals away against City and Liverpool. Have you seen their away record against top 6? 

Palace are a lot better team than their league position.

As mentioned only lost to City, beat everyone else bar 3 draws to top 6 opposition. If you think this team is even remotely shaky you don't watch them enough to know. 

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

As mentioned only lost to City, beat everyone else bar 3 draws to top 6 opposition. If you think this team is even remotely shaky you don't watch them enough to know. 

I could be wrong, and you are right I have not watched this team an awful lot. I have no desire to.

But if your 2nd half of the season is as good as the 1st, we could be on for another record points tally. And I don't think you are that good. City on the other hand, have proved that they are that good already. And that they can get over the line.

We'll see.

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I could be wrong, and you are right I have not watched this team an awful lot. I have no desire to.

But if your 2nd half of the season is as good as the 1st, we could be on for another record points tally. And I don't think you are that good. City on the other hand, have proved that they are that good already. And that they can get over the line.

We'll see.

We are coping with injuries, make shift backs and still winning. A lot of the bigger games are done. We have a lot more home games than away on the run in. No cup games to deal with. 

There is a long way to go, even if we don't win it, we will still have a record season and are still moving in a forward direction and enjoying the ride so far.

This week break now has come at a great time for us and usually we fire on from February under Klopp.

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

even if we don't win it, we will still have a record season and are still moving in a forward direction and enjoying the ride so far.

Ahh, the old 'even if we don't win it we've still enjoyed the ride' line. This isn't Leicester hoping to perform a miracle. This is Liverpool! The second biggest British club! That hasn't won the title in 29 years! 

8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

We are coping with injuries, make shift backs and still winning. A lot of the bigger games are done. We have a lot more home games than away on the run in. No cup games to deal with. 

There is a long way to go, even if we don't win it, we will still have a record season and are still moving in a forward direction and enjoying the ride so far.

This week break now has come at a great time for us and usually we fire on from February under Klopp.

Ha Ha ! Easy going BBob ! If you don't win the league you will be running down a street somewhere, hair on fire, and inviting all and sundry to "shoot me, shoot me now you bastards !!":biggrin:

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

How Dare you....Sturridge,s last minute worldy was a leveller....not a winner!!!????

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

First sign of confidence from you Bob. I see you doing it as I've posted before...everything is going right for youse.

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

First sign of confidence from you Bob. I see you doing it as I've posted before...everything is going right for youse.

Confidence?!! He is already cutting his losses by saying they've enjoyed the ride even if they don't win.

I wouldn't even call it nervousness. More like resigned to the inevitable bottle job. 

And as the only team that can stop them, your attitude is shocking. This is a real chance to retain the title. But I suppose I shouldn't expect anything less of a silver spoon club with silver spoon fans. After all, as in life, you don't really appreciate things when they are handed to you on a plate.

Confidence?!! He is already cutting his losses by saying they've enjoyed the ride even if they don't win.

I wouldn't even call it nervousness. More like resigned to the inevitable bottle job. 

And as the only team that can stop them, your attitude is shocking. This is a real chance to retain the title. But I suppose I shouldn't expect anything less of a silver spoon club with silver spoon fans. After all, as in life, you don't really appreciate things when they are handed to you on a plate.

49388066_10218644114198872_5437975844288987136_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Well we are doing well, and yeah we are in with a shot at the title, you'd have to believe that as a fan in our current position and considering our consistency.

I wouldn't say everything is going our way though. We've been playing with one CB as 2nd, 3rd, and 4th choice were out. We've  got no right back, and his back up just got sent off.

Not denying we did get the rub of the green on Saturday though. 

And yeah time without a football match this week is an advantage for us. 

So you don't like honesty then? You'd prefer me to bullshit like some others?

Apart from playing City, when have liverpool not looked the most likely. And if you're  going to be champions you need luck at the right time...Mahrez, Pickford, dubious penalties. We all get things going for us but it just seems to have swung liverpools way since early December, plus prior to then we just couldn't shake them off. They may blow up but there again so might we, particularly competing on so many fronts.

When did you transform in to R2D2? I must have missed that.

Your comments the past few days, trying desperately to get a bite, are sounding very much like the arrogant 'we're so special' ManU fans we all know and hate.

Leave it out will you and put your normal head back on.

10 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Well we are doing well, and yeah we are in with a shot at the title, you'd have to believe that as a fan in our current position and considering our consistency.

I wouldn't say everything is going our way though. We've been playing with one CB as 2nd, 3rd, and 4th choice were out. We've  got no right back, and his back up just got sent off.

Not denying we did get the rub of the green on Saturday though. 

And yeah time without a football match this week is an advantage for us. 

What happened to StevieH? Not seen him post for a while. 

25 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

When did you transform in to R2D2? I must have missed that.

Your comments the past few days, trying desperately to get a bite, are sounding very much like the arrogant 'we're so special' ManU fans we all know and hate.

Leave it out will you and put your normal head back on.

I just can't imagine myself in your position, supporting a team who absolutely bossed the league last season, almost ready to hand over the title. Even as a neutral I think you will run them close. 

I just can't imagine myself in your position, supporting a team who absolutely bossed the league last season, almost ready to hand over the title. Even as a neutral I think you will run them close. 

Nobody is handing over the title yet (if we'd lost vs liverpool...different story) and hopefully we won't. I think we will run them close and we may win it but i repeat, so far liverpool over the season to date have been slightly better than us.

Last season is history, but it's fair to say we won it from a very average ManU team and this liverpool team is way better than your lot.

6 hours ago, RickG16 said:

What you are failing to recognize in any other season one of these 2 teams more than likely be well on their way to being champions with 15 games to go. 

The amount of points and goals records being broken is unique and it's being done by 2 teams. How the frig can I say we are going to win the title when City are likely to win most of their remaining matches, are champions, have a superior squad and have done it before. 

29 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

What you are failing to recognize in any other season one of these 2 teams more than likely be well on their way to being champions with 15 games to go. 

The amount of points and goals records being broken is unique and it's being done by 2 teams. How the frig can I say we are going to win the title when City are likely to win most of their remaining matches, are champions, have a superior squad and have done it before. 

Fair point. But It's still hard to believe you will just shrug your shoulders and say 'well we enjoyed the ride'.

United came agonisingly close to ending our drought in 1992 when Leeds were champions. We won it the next year, but there are plenty of reasons why I think that won't be possible for you.

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Fair point. But It's still hard to believe you will just shrug your shoulders and say 'well we enjoyed the ride'.

United came agonisingly close to ending our drought in 1992 when Leeds were champions. We won it the next year, but there are plenty of reasons why I think that won't be possible for you.

If we don't win it, it's not like we are going to get weaker next season. 

Archived