The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

57 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

It doesn't support your cause, the fact that you are using the two most irrelevant pundits in football, who's only way to stay in the limelight is to talk utter shiiite. 

When I watch on Bein Sport, I put the Thai commentary on so I do not have to listen to the endless facts, irrelevant opinions and useless statistics they spout out. I can tell which player has the ball and who he passes it to. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrbojangles

• Bredbury Blue

• RickG16

• jellydog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

It doesn't support your cause, the fact that you are using the two most irrelevant pundits in football, who's only way to stay in the limelight is to talk utter shiiite. 

Have you seen any pundit, player, spectator (apart from yourself) say it wasn’t a penalty. He put his leg right across Sterling with no hope of getting the ball. So even if you don’t believe he fouled him, he is guilty of “impeding the progress of an opponent “. Law 12

The video of that Kane dive raises an interesting question.... can both players involved in an incident be penalised at the same time?

Because in that instance it looks like (a) it was probably a foul, but that (b) Kane overreacted wildly to it. So doesn't that mean that it was a foul, but also simulation by Kane.

Does anyone know if the laws account for this?

54 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Have you seen any pundit, player, spectator (apart from yourself) say it wasn’t a penalty. He put his leg right across Sterling with no hope of getting the ball. So even if you don’t believe he fouled him, he is guilty of “impeding the progress of an opponent “. Law 12

I knew it....you have a copy of the rule book in your desk at the office. :biggrin:

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

my fellow esteemed members Ricky and Poohy. I've not really looked other than on here, and I obviously know better than half those crackpot pundits. 

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

nearly...????

FB_IMG_1546666283054.jpg.70b756ae4b8afab25ffb68900536f70e.jpg

The difference being I'd admit all day long that's a red card.  You guys just defend blindly on everything City and tell me I've got rose tinted glasses. You can't even see empty seats.

16 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

The difference being I'd admit all day long that's a red card.  You guys just defend blindly on everything City and tell me I've got rose tinted glasses. You can't even see empty seats.

Rubbish mate. Already said that last night I've seen them given a red, yellow and no punishment at all. Yes, I think the Kompany decision went our way on the tackle on Salah and could easily have been a red. Lucky boy and lucky us but you lot haven't been short of decision's going your way either.

As for empty seats. Why do you care?. Our owners keep expanding the ground to cope with the demand. They wouldn't keep expanding if it was empty all the time would they?

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Rubbish mate. Already said that last night I've seen them given a red, yellow and no punishment at all. Yes, I think the Kompany decision went our way on the tackle on Salah and could easily have been a red. Lucky boy and lucky us but you lot haven't been short of decision's going your way either.

As for empty seats. Why do you care?. Our owners keep expanding the ground to cope with the demand. They wouldn't keep expanding if it was empty all the time would they?

I find it bizarre how the champions of the EPL can not be selling out, their stadium. Even more bizarre they buy all the unallocated tickets, or is there something more sinister to that. 

They are expanding in order to host a CL final (more publicity, seeing as you can't win one ????), obviously there is no need to expand for any other reason.

Maybe to buy more seats and pretend there are even more seats sold?

57 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I find it bizarre how the champions of the EPL can not be selling out, their stadium. Even more bizarre they buy all the unallocated tickets, or is there something more sinister to that. 

They are expanding in order to host a CL final (more publicity, seeing as you can't win one ????), obviously there is no need to expand for any other reason.

Maybe to buy more seats and pretend there are even more seats sold?

Already answered you on this earlier today. City SOLD 54k seats but 54k didnot turn up. The majority of the no shows would be seasonticket  holders who didn't show for the 4th home game in 11 days - was that Manchester documentary on last night, 'Coronation Street'?

Who are you referring and what makes you think somebody is doing this: "bizarre they buy all the unallocated tickets"? Don't  like coming over all Alfie-like but where's your facts?

We are expanding the Etihad so we can host one game. What have you been drinking today?

Your post was getting  wierder the longer it went on. Come on Bob, get a grip.

44 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

He's under pressure and feeling the stress. It'll go worse as the season goes on, especially if Liverpool drop any points. So give him some wiggle room

Already answered you on this earlier today. City SOLD 54k seats but 54k didnot turn up. The majority of the no shows would be seasonticket  holders who didn't show for the 4th home game in 11 days - was that Manchester documentary on last night, 'Coronation Street'?

Who are you referring and what makes you think somebody is doing this: "bizarre they buy all the unallocated tickets"? Don't  like coming over all Alfie-like but where's your facts?

We are expanding the Etihad so we can host one game. What have you been drinking today?

Load of shiiiite, sold tickets, what's the actual official attendance, the official attendance is always twice the amount of people actually in the stadium. 

It does look like the majority of season ticket holders don't exist, although my point about buying unallocated seats was in jest, I do wonder how many of those season tickets Mansour companies own.

So are you going to tell me they need to expand the stadium because it's always full? 

Grip this pal! 

59 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

He's under pressure and feeling the stress. It'll go worse as the season goes on, especially if Liverpool drop any points. So give him some wiggle room

I'm not playing the bloody game, no pressure or stress related to football here.

It's up to your lads now anyway. 

8 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Load of shiiiite, sold tickets, what's the actual official attendance, the official attendance is always twice the amount of people actually in the stadium. 

It does look like the majority of season ticket holders don't exist, although my point about buying unallocated seats was in jest, I do wonder how many of those season tickets Mansour companies own.

So are you going to tell me they need to expand the stadium because it's always full? 

Grip this pal! 

We’ve been through this several times before but here we go again.

City record the official attendance based on ticket sales - many clubs do. Statement from the club "The attendance figures published by the club are based on ticket sales, both match by match and seasoncards, of which the latter sold out in record time ahead of the 2018/19 campaign.”

The club announced the attendance after the game, as shown on BBC website, at 54k – that meant City sold 54k seats but clearly 54k didn’t turn up. The club generated revenue from 54k seat sales so they’re happy. So from your perspective as a Liverpool fan what EXACTLY is your concern?

Bob you don’t need to worry about City; we’re in very good shape as shown by the following:

1. City’s season tickets for this season were ALL SOLD OUT in May.

2. Based on the most recent details I could find (season ticket sales, 2016/17 season compiled by Talksport) we have the 4th largest amount of Season ticket holders at 40,000 (Liverpool are 8th at 25,000). “Worth bearing in mind that the likes of Liverpool and Manchester United sell less season tickets than they could do, so they can get more money from match by match prices and mainly because it also means their ‘fans’ from all over the UK and beyond can come once a season and spend a fortune in the club shops” = you get lots of tourist fans, not real staunch fans!

3. In terms of cost, City’s owners offer our fans incredibly low season tickets. In the most recent details I could find (Teams of the Premier League ranked by cheapest season ticket in 2017/18 (in GBP)) City offer the 4th cheapest season ticket at £299 (only Stoke, WHU and Huddersfield were cheaper); shame on Liverpool’s owners as Liverpool offer the 18th cheapest season tickets at £685 - only Arsenal and Chelsea more expensive!

Expensive day out at Liverpool is it Bob?

Following the 1 nil victory, after I’d watched the match details on City’s website (free to all) I went on Liverpool’s website to watch the match details there as I wanted to see how Liverpool portrayed the game. You’ve got to subscribe and pay to watch the videos on Liverpool’s website. Shame on Liverpool’s owners for ripping of the Liverpool fans – cheapskate owners!

On 1/16/2019 at 4:58 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

We’ve been through this several times before but here we go again.

City record the official attendance based on ticket sales - many clubs do. Statement from the club "The attendance figures published by the club are based on ticket sales, both match by match and seasoncards, of which the latter sold out in record time ahead of the 2018/19 campaign.”

The club announced the attendance after the game, as shown on BBC website, at 54k – that meant City sold 54k seats but clearly 54k didn’t turn up. The club generated revenue from 54k seat sales so they’re happy. So from your perspective as a Liverpool fan what EXACTLY is your concern?

Bob you don’t need to worry about City; we’re in very good shape as shown by the following:

1. City’s season tickets for this season were ALL SOLD OUT in May.

2. Based on the most recent details I could find (season ticket sales, 2016/17 season compiled by Talksport) we have the 4th largest amount of Season ticket holders at 40,000 (Liverpool are 8th at 25,000). “Worth bearing in mind that the likes of Liverpool and Manchester United sell less season tickets than they could do, so they can get more money from match by match prices and mainly because it also means their ‘fans’ from all over the UK and beyond can come once a season and spend a fortune in the club shops” = you get lots of tourist fans, not real staunch fans!

3. In terms of cost, City’s owners offer our fans incredibly low season tickets. In the most recent details I could find (Teams of the Premier League ranked by cheapest season ticket in 2017/18 (in GBP)) City offer the 4th cheapest season ticket at £299 (only Stoke, WHU and Huddersfield were cheaper); shame on Liverpool’s owners as Liverpool offer the 18th cheapest season tickets at £685 - only Arsenal and Chelsea more expensive!

Expensive day out at Liverpool is it Bob?

Following the 1 nil victory, after I’d watched the match details on City’s website (free to all) I went on Liverpool’s website to watch the match details there as I wanted to see how Liverpool portrayed the game. You’ve got to subscribe and pay to watch the videos on Liverpool’s website. Shame on Liverpool’s owners for ripping of the Liverpool fans – cheapskate owners!

Seriously dude, who the <deleted> records official attendances based on ticket sales? An attendance figure is turnstiles not sales.

Prices are largely based on demand, City can't charge anymore than they do for season tickets as there would be even less people turn up to matches. 

We don't all have access to sovereign black gold to fund our clubs, therefore charging to access LFCtv. 

56 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

1. Seriously dude, who the <deleted> records official attendances based on ticket sales? An attendance figure is turnstiles not sales.

2. Prices are largely based on demand, City can't charge anymore than they do for season tickets as there would be even less people turn up to matches. 

3. We don't all have access to sovereign black gold to fund our clubs, therefore charging to access LFCtv. 

1. Nope. Some clubs do tickets sold (i.e. City) while others do people through the turnstiles. Look it up.

2. Oh i think City could  charge more than we do but we peg our prices realistically  and don't  rip off the fans (and the day trippers which we don't  have so many off).

3. Piss poor excuse  why Liverpool again rip off the fans charging them to watch videos, while a club like City provide  for FREE!

1. Nope. Some clubs do tickets sold (i.e. City) while others do people through the turnstiles. Look it up.

2. Oh i think City could  charge more than we do but we peg our prices realistically  and don't  rip off the fans (and the day trippers which we don't  have so many off).

3. Piss poor excuse  why Liverpool again rip off the fans charging them to watch videos, while a club like City provide  for FREE!

1. An official attendance is not a sold ticket, an official attendance is how many people attended. Obviously, it's better for City to post figures of tickets "sold"

2. The club offers a price for tickets that is cheaper than 16 other EPL clubs because that's all they can charge for them. If your place sold out every week with people climbing over themselves to get tickets the price would be higher. Please see attached diagram.

3. For the price of a pint you can subscribe to LFCtv and get all first team matches replayed, live 18's/23's women's, features etc etc etc. I don't know what your club provides for free, but again it's probably not worth a pint to your fans. Alternatively you don't need to pay for it, just go to youtube and watch clips for free. 

economics3.gif

The results of the BBC "investigation" showed that Manchester City crowds were actually 14 per cent lower than the figures released by the club.

The BBC compared the attendance figure released by seven Premier League clubs with the “actual” figures uncovered by Freedom of Information requests made to police forces and local councils.

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

1. An official attendance is not a sold ticket, an official attendance is how many people attended. Obviously, it's better for City to post figures of tickets "sold"

2. The club offers a price for tickets that is cheaper than 16 other EPL clubs because that's all they can charge for them. If your place sold out every week with people climbing over themselves to get tickets the price would be higher. Please see attached diagram.

3. For the price of a pint you can subscribe to LFCtv and get all first team matches replayed, live 18's/23's women's, features etc etc etc. I don't know what your club provides for free, but again it's probably not worth a pint to your fans. Alternatively you don't need to pay for it, just go to youtube and watch clips for free. 

economics3.gif

1."Most teams in the Premier League choose to publicise the number of tickets sold for a game rather than the number of people actually in the stadium. That means they include season ticket holders who don't attend, and complimentary tickets that are not used.

They are not breaking any rules by choosing this method..."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45158878

Did you see the word MOST. So City do as MOST Premier clubs do.

2. Your arguement doesn't  hold water as we extended our capacity a couple of seasons back (added an extra tier to one of the stands behind the goal) to accommodate DEMAND and we are currently in the final planning stages (ditto t'other end). 

I did Ecomomics 'A' level but ta very much for your 'O' level explanation of Supply and Demand. ????

3. Pop over to the City website and see whats being offered for FREE and enjoy yourself. I seriously recommend you watch Tunnelcam from the liverpool game or any game, i love it, seeing the look on the mascots faces when they see/meet the players and i also love to see the comradery between opponents.

12 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

The results of the BBC "investigation" showed that Manchester City crowds were actually 14 per cent lower than the figures released by the club.

The BBC compared the attendance figure released by seven Premier League clubs with the “actual” figures uncovered by Freedom of Information requests made to police forces and local councils.

I believe I've just posted the link to the bbc article.

10 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Will Aguero start today? He's in my fantasy team.

No idea to be honest.

I haven't seen any of this week's City videos so i'm not sure if Jesus has been training - he looked injured to me when he came off vs wolves - and Aguero needs minutes as he missed a few games with flu. 

I think the only automatic Premier starters are Ederson, Fernandinho and Laporte. 

When you've been on the City thread a long time - since 2006 for me - there's an awful lot of repetition. This week it was the crowds, how long till Alfie is along again about Citys academy. Have to admit though it does get boring/tiring. The knockers/aggitators 

tend to come in the main from the clubs not winning anything, yet all the while City keep picking up trophies - happy days for City fans.

This has got to be my last season on the footie forum. How do i get my release papers?

BB, the forum might be less tiresome for you if you stopped defending the indefensible.

Just agree to these 3 points, from which the basis of further discussions can be formed:

1. City are not committed to developing young players for the first team.

2. City have the smallest fan base in the top six.

3. There are many question marks surrounding City's financial conduct, in relation to UEFA regulations.

Just reply and type 'I agree' 3 times. Then maybe we can have some sensible debate about City.

Archived