The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Pep is on the same page as the fans

The PL is the number one priority. The CL is the icing on the cake.

Pep Guardiola wants Man City squad to prioritise Premier League title over Champions League - Manchester Evening News

I wonder why you are so keen to stress Pep and the fans are in unison..

Btw a) all he was saying was he'll deal with the league game first before thinking about the CL.

And b) don't speak for your whole fanbase that the league is more important. You made that mistake before and a City fan on here disagreed with you.

Mr Bojangles PR

Bangkok - Stockport - Chaiyaphum

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

And b) don't speak for your whole fanbase that the league is more important. You made that mistake before and a City fan on here disagreed with you.

I speak for every City fan. I am on City forums and know City fans. We all think the PL title is the one. CL is the cherry on top. Full stop

And that wasn't a City fan. It was your second nic

And Pep was saying that the PL title is harder over the duration. The CL is a knock out that can be decided by a fluke or bad reffing decision. The PL is over 38 games.

9 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Hopefully mate

What about his first goal last night. Special that was

Yep. He always seems to come through in the clutch. A big game player for sure.

24 minutes ago, balo said:

You win again, and treble incoming.  You must be bored , more fun to lose games and experience the thrill of it. 

Wtf are you waffling on about ??? You need to either learn to speak English or ease up on the magic mushrooms.

I don't care much about this, I support Spurs.   

But if City win tomorrow they will also win the treble. United glory belong to the past. 

11 hours ago, balo said:

You win again, and treble incoming.  You must be bored , more fun to lose games and experience the thrill of it. 

Bored!! Nope. Not on your Nelly. I've had enough "losing" experience following City to last a lifetime 

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Bored!! Nope. Not on your Nelly. I've had enough "losing" experience following City to last a lifetime 

Too true!

I can recall that whacking by Boro on the last day of the season a while back. What was it now; 8-1. Reassessed after that season. Now look at the club. Treble this season. Probably the best team in the world at the mo'.

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Too true!

I can recall that whacking by Boro on the last day of the season a while back. What was it now; 8-1. 

Yeah 8-1. That was while Shinawatra owned us and Sven Goran Erikkson was our manager. He got sacked after that and then Sheikh Mansour took us over about 2 months after

47 minutes ago, jellydog said:

A wooden stake through the heart of those Real Madrid bastards. Good riddance.

Don't know which I think we played the best. First leg against Bayern or that stellar performance last night. Every single one of them played exceptional. Can't believe the transformation of Grealish this season. 

Where's  Old Big Ears ???? A Trophy that has eluded you throughout your entire meagre existence - ??

The way your people paraded on the pitch afterwards was totally embarrassing - I was waiting for the EC to actually be presented - No Class whatsoever. ????

11 hours ago, RedArmy said:

The way your people paraded on the pitch afterwards was totally embarrassing - I was waiting for the EC to actually be presented - No Class whatsoever. ????

Oh shut up and give your head a wobble. You sound more bitter and jealous every time you thump the keyboard. Its United fans desperation that is embarrassing 

Great performance in the 2nd leg. Best performance by English team in Europe, perhaps. Best team in the world currently, also perhaps.

One thing which is being forgotten about by a lot of fans and some pundits is that Madrid were awful. There are small PL teams that have acquitted themselves better against City this season.

27 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Great performance in the 2nd leg. Best performance by English team in Europe, perhaps. Best team in the world currently, also perhaps.

I have to agree with that comment above, although I have been a United supporter since the mid-1950s, and just to add that, although I am a supporter of a particular team, I am also a supporter of good football, no matter who plays it and that is paramount for me.

City have been playing the best football I have ever seen in the UK, and I am truly worried about the FA Cup final between City and United, because I'm not sure that United can live with the excellent style of football that City are playing at the moment.......time will tell.

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Hopefully that's sorted and some sense will come out now ????

Not so sure about that brother, as i do have a tendency to waffle on when i have over indulged on alcoholic beverages ????

On 5/16/2023 at 11:27 PM, RedArmy said:

They ain't doing any Treble - wind your neck in boy - No team is ever again gonna repeat what United did in 99.

images.jpeg-31.jpg

Put money on it?

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Well as far as celebrations go that was a bit lame.

No silly hats even. Just <deleted> tattoos. 

0_GettyImages-81054688.jpg

Wow. You're going so far back in the history books I thought the piccies would all be in black and white, Need to start living in the now laddie

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Well as far as celebrations go that was a bit lame.

Just to add, this is what the future is also holding. Be afraid, be very afraid laddie. I remember a certain member in the Spurs thread (not carmine or ronnie but he'll know who it was) who laughed when I said give us 10 years and we will be producing top talent from our academy.

Man City's record-breaking academy season was a decade in the making

Manchester City won the under-18 Premier League national final for the third year in succession, following the under-21s' third Premier League 2 title in a row.

Man City's record-breaking academy season was a decade in the making - Manchester Evening News

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Will they really get fined by the FA for letting/not stopping jubilant fans onto the hallowed turf.

It matters not, they have the dosh.

I would imagine we will and rightly so. Everyone knows the law by now. No excuses.

Archived