The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/14/2023 at 6:39 PM, RickG16 said:

So boring in here these days. I miss BB. 

Oh well, won't be long til the next financial irregularities development. 

Yes BB! Why is he not contributing?

He does do post or two on the birds in his garden.

7 hours ago, petermik said:

Morning bj......????

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Hello mate. Nice to meet you last night ????

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Where was this secret meet up?

Why is @petermik fraternising with the noisy neighbours?

Large brown envelopes changing hands....and a few bevvies together in Sin City....:cheesy:

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Wonder if the Everton investigation of breaching FFP will get as much air time and vitriol as ours has received ????

Likely not but interesting timing. I believe the deadline for points deductions this season has just passed so any penalty will only take effect next season. Anyone would think that the EPL doesn't want to see Everton relegated. 

Do you seriously think that City will be punished, BTW? If they are they only have themselves to blame, hiding various coaching and other costs under the City Football Group entity rather than putting them against MCFC.

Luckily they pay for the best lawyers as well as the most creative accountants.

22 hours ago, champers said:

Do you seriously think that City will be punished, BTW? If they are they only have themselves to blame, hiding various coaching and other costs under the City Football Group entity rather than putting them against MCFC.

Luckily they pay for the best lawyers as well as the most creative accountants.

Allegedly (Highlighted in Red)

We'll see if we get punished when the panel hear all the facts. I honestly don't believe we are any more guilty or innocent than the majority of the business that other clubs do. I believe City and Everton is only the tip of the iceberg. Other clubs better hope nothing is investigated to this degree of depth. Funny thing is, apparently it was Leeds and Burnley who snitched on Everton.

FFP is a farce anyway in which it's number one principle is to protect the elite clubs who were already scoffing at the top table. How can it be ok for Barca, United etc to have massive debt's but not ok for other club owners to gift money to the club they own? Thought FFP was about ensuring clubs don't get put in a position of possible bankruptcy by their owners. Anyway, we'll see

Can anyone truly tell me why FFP was brought in? Why is it so wrong for our club to have no debt but have charges brought against us but this is ok? I simply don't get it.

Manchester United’s staggering debt revealed and it could cause takeover obstacle

Manchester United owe a staggering £969.6 million through gross debt, bank borrowings and outstanding transfer fees.

The club released their second quarter results to December 31, on Thursday, and the huge debts could provide an obstacle ahead of a possible takeover.

Club chiefs are currently undergoing a ‘strategic review’ based on how to meet the club’s long-term capital investment needs. This is centred on improvements to Old Trafford and the club’s Carrington training complex.

But the amount owed to the club has risen due to changes in exchange rates. This has seen the sum rise to £535.7m from £477.1m this time last year.

A cost of £227.7m is owed in outstanding transfer fees while £206.2m was taken from a rolling credit facility.

The club had £31m in cash, however the total amount remains just shy of £1bn.

According to BBC Sport, the quoted figures are due to a ‘stretched’ financial situation which has begun to improve thanks to hefty matchday revenues and season ticket sales.

Full story:- https://talksport.com/football/1380322/man-utd-debt-takeover-glazers/

On 4/1/2023 at 10:29 AM, jellydog said:

Grealish a big cog in the well oiled machine now. Took a while but there he is.

What a display of football from City. 

I've recently noticed that I cannot see who gives me a thumbs up. This is on both my Android phone and my laptop. Any ideas MrB? Is this happening with others as well?

On 4/3/2023 at 7:36 PM, jellydog said:

I've recently noticed that I cannot see who gives me a thumbs up. This is on both my Android phone and my laptop. Any ideas MrB? Is this happening with others as well?

That's weird. On PC can see it but on phone have to click on the icon to see

Good result after a tough start. Southampton where a tad unlucky tbf. Missed chances but then we took it by the scruff of the neck. Haaland's second goal was sublime and Grealish MoM again. Since Cancelo's departure he's showing his worth.

Hate to say it but come on the scousers

4 hours ago, jellydog said:

Looks like City might be peaking at just the right time.

Top class game of footy from both sides that was with the exception of Upamecano who had an absolute nightmare. Not getting too giddy but we couldn't have asked for a better scoreline to go into the away leg

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Top class game of footy from both sides that was with the exception of Upamecano who had an absolute nightmare. Not getting too giddy but we couldn't have asked for a better scoreline to go into the away leg

If you really had any backbone you'd boycott the competition. Boo the CL anthem and hate UEFA yet happily play. 

On 4/12/2023 at 4:17 PM, RickG16 said:

If you really had any backbone you'd boycott the competition. Boo the CL anthem and hate UEFA yet happily play. 

We will happily also take their huge amounts of prize money. Do you even know why we boo them?

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

We will happily also take their huge amounts of prize money

Clearly a club of principle..... Take their money then play by their rules. 

Let's hope you aren't living on borrowed time... tick tock... all that prize money might be owed back. 

Clearly a club of principle..... Take their money then play by their rules. 

Let's hope you aren't living on borrowed time... tick tock... all that prize money might be owed back. 

In short. You haven't a clue why the fans boo.

Also, why would we have to pay money back?

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

In short. You haven't a clue why the fans boo.

Also, why would we have to pay money back?

Saving you the effort and me the boredom of a response.

Would have to pay the money back when you get busted. Ill gotten gains.

Saving you the effort and me the boredom of a response.

Would have to pay the money back when you get busted. Ill gotten gains.

What you talking about? We got cleared of the trumped up charges UEFA tried to throw at us

33 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Your run down stadium didn't even get picked for the Euro 2028 bid  ???? ????????

Sorry to jump in here, but just to clarify - It wasn't about getting picked or not - United withdrew Old Trafford from consideration, owing to the fact that they couldn't guarantee our stadium would be available due to possible redevelopment.

14 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Sorry to jump in here, but just to clarify - It wasn't about getting picked or not - United withdrew Old Trafford from consideration, owing to the fact that they couldn't guarantee our stadium would be available due to possible redevelopment.

So that backs up what I said about it being a run down stadium. It's in such a state that the work isn't a 5 minute job, it's extensive and is so serious that you can't guarantee a couple of weeks slot in 5 years time FGS, A quote from an article in the mirror says

"Old Trafford's omission may not come as a surprise to those who follow United every week, as the stadium has been criticised for its decaying facilities in recent years which the Glazers have failed to address. The ground is in such a dire state compared to its last renovation in 2006 that a key aspect of the club's takeover saga is Old Trafford's future and how much it'd cost to spruce the stadium up or replace it with a brand new home for United."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manutd-liverpool-euro-2028-stadiums-29692135

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

So that backs up what I said about it being a run down stadium. 

Not really - You stated that our stadium didn't get "Picked" - I pointed out that it wasnt about getting picked or not - United withdrew OT from consideration as per my original post.

No United fan is going to tell you that our stadium is not run down, it is & we all know it. 

No extra points for you I'm afraid for stating the obvious, but in the future, maybe try to get your facts straight before making such a ridiculous comment about Old Trafford not getting "Picked", as this was clearly not the case.

Archived