The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah I know you do but what stopped you going? The cost? The travel? The fact it's only a semi? A mate here (small business owner) who supports Brighton flew back for it.

I've flown back from Saudi before for a final but I don't condemn anyone who either doesn't want to go or can't afford to go. Yeah we all know United have more fans than City, you're a bigger club etc but it wasn't at capacity yesterday either and that was against a pretty local (hour and half away?) Premier League side.

Spin it however you like it's completely embarrassing not to fill your allocation.

I feel for Pep.

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

What's that got to do with whether City filled their allocation?

Because you are another of those who slags people off for not going when you don't go yourself. What was your excuse for not going?

Have you not read any of the reasons I posted above? I get United are strangers at the moment to Wembley but for City we have been going nearly every season. Think it's somewhere between 19 and 21 times we've been to Wembley in the past 10 years. It's not far to go for the cockney United fans but for City fans it's a long, expensive journey. Ever so sorry our fans aren't rich enough for you.

23 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Because you are another of those who slags people off for not going when you don't go yourself. What was your excuse for not going?

Have you not read any of the reasons I posted above? I get United are strangers at the moment to Wembley but for City we have been going nearly every season. Think it's somewhere between 19 and 21 times we've been to Wembley in the past 10 years. It's not far to go for the cockney United fans but for City fans it's a long, expensive journey. Ever so sorry our fans aren't rich enough for you.

We've got enough fans to fill our allocation so I'm not needed. 

I'm over here providing moral support and education to our Asian fan base. 

51 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

We've got enough fans to fill our allocation so I'm not needed. 

I'm over here providing moral support and education to our Asian fan base. 

Boil-ox as per usual.

BTW. 

Do you know how many of our allocation we  didn't sell?

Anyway, whilst all the RAG's have to gloat about are how many cockneys can fill a United match, I'll just hit you with another actual football stat.

Man City have become the first team to reach the FA Cup final without conceding a single goal since 1965-66.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I get United are strangers at the moment to Wembley 

Are you crazy or what old boy ??? Wembley is our 2nd home - 3 times in one season - Roll on the 3rd June - We gonna show you who's boss.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Think it's somewhere between 19 and 21 times we've been to Wembley in the past 10 years. 

I call a Stewards enquiry on that.

And previous to that ????

Lets have it right - 10 years ago, no-one even heard of the Bertie Magoo's - 

If i were a betting man, i would say that United have played at Wembley stadium at least THREE times more that <deleted>t y City have.

We both know that on the 3rd June - Manchester will be RED ????

10 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I call a Stewards enquiry on that.

Just had a quick search. 19 according to this article about low attendances at Wembley

There appears to be two factors behind low attendances at Wembley for recent FA Cup semi-finals.

Firstly, many fans appear to have become desensitized to the wonder of Wembley. For example, Man City have now played at Wembley 19 times in the past 10 seasons, including EFL Cup finals, FA Cup finals, Community Shield games and FA Cup semi-finals.

The other factor is geography. Many feel that an FA Cup semi-final between a team from Manchester and a side from Sheffield would be much better attended if it was held in the north of England, rather than in London.

Wembley attendance for FA Cup semi-final sees fans demand change - Futbol on FanNation (si.com)

And previous to that ????

Lets have it right - 10 years ago, no-one even heard of the Bertie Magoo's - 

You might not have heard of us cos you're a cockney red but anyone from Manchester has certainly heard of us. Did you forget we let you use our stadium after yours was damaged during the war? A Manchester red would have known about that. ????

Are you crazy or what old boy ??? Wembley is our 2nd home - 3 times in one season - Roll on the 3rd June - We gonna show you who's boss.

And the previous 10 years?

1 FA Cup, 1 Carabao Cup and 1 Community Shield

Hardly a second home old chap!!

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Interesting that Girona (one of our clubs) manager Micheal Sanchez was at the Etihad wednesday night and met Pep. Girona beat Real Madrid 4-2 last week

1st up - "One of our clubs" ???? Wtf does this mean ??? I thought City were your team ??? How many clubs do you really support ???

2nd up - Wtf is "Interesting" about another manager going to watch another match ??? Many manager's do this.

3rd up - "He met Pep" ???? Whoppi doo da - Did he ask for his autograph or something ???

And finally - " Girona beat Real Madrid 4-2 last week" ???? Are City & Pep trying to take the credit for this victory ???  It certainly seems by your post that somehow it was all because their manager went to watch a match at your stadium & spoke with your manager.

There you go, i hope now that you understand more clearly my utter confusion at your incredibly "Interesting" post ????

2 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

1st up - "One of our clubs" ???? Wtf does this mean ??? I thought City were your team ??? How many clubs do you really support ???

2nd up - Wtf is "Interesting" about another manager going to watch another match ??? Many manager's do this.

3rd up - "He met Pep" ???? Whoppi doo da - Did he ask for his autograph or something ???

And finally - " Girona beat Real Madrid 4-2 last week" ???? Are City & Pep trying to take the credit for this victory ???  It certainly seems by your post that somehow it was all because their manager went to watch a match at your stadium & spoke with your manager.

There you go, i hope now that you understand more clearly my utter confusion at your incredibly "Interesting" post ????

First up. Our "clubs" as in the City Football Group (CFG) There are 12 in the group.

Manchester City.

New York City.

Melbourne City.

Yokohama F. Marinos.

Montevideo City Torque.

Girona FC.

Sichuan Jiuniu.

Lommel SK

Troyes

Palermo

Mumbai City FC.

We have loaned several players to Girona (still have one there I think).

After the above, I hope the confusion has now gone and the rest of your list are null and void

@RedArmy needs to know that some of the staff at Man City get paid by the City Football Group rather than by the club. The occasional coaching session in Melbourne, NYC or Girona (with a jolly holiday thrown in) creates the pretence that they are "Group" employees. 

This creative accounting gives some the impression that City are hiding away operating costs, hence their problems with ruling bodies.

Do not fret; Utd will soon be able to level up the playing field when they get their new Middle East owner from Qatar. No more Martial, hello Mbappe.

Pep was looking for the secret of winning v RM.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

After the above, I hope the confusion has now gone and the rest of your list are null and void

Not really, you have just confused me even more. 12 teams ???? Good business model - Loan out players & if you draw any of them in the cup, they cant play - Sheffield United last week at Wembley - 2 of your players on loan there couldn't play.

@champers Great post brother - Thanks for clearing things up for me ????

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Lao khao ????

If you knew me, you would know that i am very fussy about my alcohol intake - Yes, I'm a bit of a piss head at times, but i prefer Jack Daniels or Jameson whiskey - I don't drink any Thai whiskey or Thai Rum - I can sink a few Leo's, but prefer Stella Artois in my bar - Now, I'm on the JD,s - Not drunk yet, but i wont lie - I'm on the way ????

Archived