The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

Not really - You stated that our stadium didn't get "Picked" - I pointed out that it wasnt about getting picked or not - United withdrew OT from consideration as per my original post.

No United fan is going to tell you that our stadium is not run down, it is & we all know it. 

No extra points for you I'm afraid for stating the obvious, but in the future, maybe try to get your facts straight before making such a ridiculous comment about Old Trafford not getting "Picked", as this was clearly not the case.

It's five years down the line and will crumble more with every month. As the article says, The Etihad is newer and flashier in the same way Everton have been picked over Liverpool. I think they allowed you to say you couldn't guarantee it being ok in an attempt to spare your blushes. Bit like me saying I'm pulling out of running for the 100 metre sprint for the Olympics. You had no chance of being chosen. Squirm away with excuses but they are the facts. It's not the Theatre of Decay

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but in the future, maybe try to get your facts straight before making such a ridiculous comment about Old Trafford not getting "Picked", as this was clearly not the case.

Mr Neville seems to think it was a snub ????

'This is a dereliction of duty. It is SHAMEFUL': Gary Neville blames the Glazers for Old Trafford Euro 2028 snub, describing it as an 'all-time low' for Manchester United as he calls for American owners to sell the club 'as quickly as possible'

Gary Neville has described Old Trafford's omission as a host venue for the UK and Ireland's Euro 2028 bid as 'shameful' and 'the final straw' for the Glazers.

It was announced that despite being the largest domestic stadium in the UK, Manchester United's iconic home had been snubbed but neighbours City's Etihad Stadium had made the cut. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11966415/Gary-Neville-describes-Old-Trafford-snub-Euro-2028-time-low-Glazers-tenure.html

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Squirm away with excuses

No excuses & i certainly ain't the squirmish type - You seem to have become somewhat delusional brother - Chill out.

Personally, i couldn't give a Friar Tuck if Old Trafford is used or not for an upcoming International Tournament or not.

Any bid hasn't even been decided yet.

Ps : I couldn't give a Shi te what Mr Neville thinks - His opinion is no more valied than yours or mine.

On 4/15/2023 at 10:35 PM, RedArmy said:

No excuses & i certainly ain't the squirmish type - You seem to have become somewhat delusional brother - Chill out.

Personally, i couldn't give a Friar Tuck if Old Trafford is used or not for an upcoming International Tournament or not.

Any bid hasn't even been decided yet.

Ps : I couldn't give a Shi te what Mr Neville thinks - His opinion is no more valied than yours or mine.

Exactly, and honestly, who cares if the roof leaks. It's got atmoshphere (sometimes) but more importantly it's got history and soul.

Something certain people should consider when they are getting all emotional about Maine Road.

11 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Exactly, and honestly, who cares if the roof leaks. It's got atmoshphere (sometimes) but more importantly it's got history and soul.

Fans who go care, that's who. My cousins and mates who go are always moaning about the state of the place and the lack of investment by your owners. They pay a lot of money, week in, week out to go there and the least you expect for that money is a nice place to be. You obviously haven't been for a while or you're talking out of you're backside in a feeble attempt to cover up the problem

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Savilla didn't get the memo

Who are Savilla ???

We played sh ite & they wanted it more than us - Dissapointing for sure, but i think it will be a long time untill we play in that competition again - Champions League for us next season ????

Who are Savilla ???

We played sh ite & they wanted it more than us - Dissapointing for sure, but i think it will be a long time untill we play in that competition again - Champions League for us next season ????

It's disappointing that you picked me up on a typo for Sevilla. However, next time you do, make sure you're squeaky clean or it makes you look a tad silly old boy. Until then, I suggest you concentrate on the footy and not spelling ????

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's disappointing that you picked me up on a typo for Sevilla. However, next time you do, make sure you're squeaky clean or it makes you look a tad silly old boy. Until then, I suggest you concentrate on the footy and not spelling ????

Hahahaha, good point ????

10 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Fans who go care, that's who. My cousins and mates who go are always moaning about the state of the place and the lack of investment by your owners. They pay a lot of money, week in, week out to go there and the least you expect for that money is a nice place to be. You obviously haven't been for a while or you're talking out of you're backside in a feeble attempt to cover up the problem

With all due respect to your cousins and mates, I hope they aren't the ones tutting when people stand up and sing.

43 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

With all due respect to your cousins and mates, I hope they aren't the ones tutting when people stand up and sing.

Life long season ticket holders who are hacked off with the Glazers and the way they have run down the stadium but content with taking the dividends. By the sounds of it, you're a Glazers fan

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Life long season ticket holders who are hacked off with the Glazers and the way they have run down the stadium but content with taking the dividends. By the sounds of it, you're a Glazers fan

Why would I be a Glazers fan?

I realise they are businessmen and we live in the real world. It's a free market and there is nothing to stop them doing what they are doing. Of course I hope we find owners that are willing to invest more.

28 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Why would I be a Glazers fan?

Because you seem to never want to say a bad thing about them or the way they run the club, which is in stark contrast to almost every other United fan on the planet. Then, when I mention my cousins and mates slagging off the ground (who actually go) you instantly jump on them and insult you're own fans

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Because you seem to never want to say a bad thing about them or the way they run the club, which is in stark contrast to almost every other United fan on the planet. Then, when I mention my cousins and mates slagging off the ground (who actually go) you instantly jump on them and insult you're own fans

Calm down lol I never insulted them.

There are plenty of causes that are worth my effort but the anti Glazer movement isn't one of them. The fact they are selling up now has nothing to do with the fans. They've just decided it's time to cash in. 

10 minutes ago, petermik said:

Any plans of coming down into the bright lights in the near future BJ or has Colin returned back to the UK.....asking for a friend LOL?

I was in the Boukhauw region with Colin last night actually mate. He's gone back up north today.

22 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You did. You stereotyped them because they dare to speak out about a place you rarely go to.

You are getting into the realms of cringe now.

This is obviously what a night out with Colin does to you.

13 hours ago, RedArmy said:

69,000 at Wembley ????

Even the Doris football matches have capacity attendances at our National Stadium - Loads of empty seats - Fact.

Are you going today? No. Fact. So why gob off about whether people go or don't when you aren't going yourself. Can't you see the hypocrisy? 

Several of my mates went yesterday and others didn't. Many are skint and some just think the money to spend just for a semi ain't worth it (I agree). Wembley should be for a final. Additionally, a mate sent me a piccie stuck on the motorway. So that's 69,000 northern fans all unnecessarily travelling down to London for a game that could have been held much closer.

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Are you going today? No. Fact. So why gob off about whether people go or don't when you aren't going yourself. Can't you see the hypocrisy? 

Several of my mates went yesterday and others didn't. Many are skint and some just think the money to spend just for a semi ain't worth it (I agree). Wembley should be for a final. Additionally, a mate sent me a piccie stuck on the motorway. So that's 69,000 northern fans all unnecessarily travelling down to London for a game that could have been held much closer.

I actually agree with some of your comments - No, i aint going today as i live 6,000 miles away now - Been to numerous FA Cup Semi Finals in the past, 1st one in 83 at Villa Park - Had i been in the UK, undoubtedly, i would be there.

I understand that people haven't got the money nowadays & also that Wembley Stadium should be for the Final only - Semis should be at a neutral venue, as per in years gone by. With travelling costs, it would have made more sense to play that match at Old Trafford - United v Brighton today, should be played at Villa Park.

Its not about logistics anymore, its about how much money the FA & their sponsers can make from playing as many matches as possible at the National Stadium.

The same goes for UEFA - I remember the 2008 CL Final - We played Chelsea & both clubs tried to get them to change the venue to Wembley Stadium - UEFA weren't having any of it - Both sets of fans had to travel all the way to Moscow. With flight prices, Russian Visas, & all the extra expenses that entailed, it was a total logistical nightmare.

24 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

I actually agree with some of your comments - No, i aint going today as i live 6,000 miles away now - Been to numerous FA Cup Semi Finals in the past, 1st one in 83 at Villa Park - Had i been in the UK, undoubtedly, i would be there.

I understand that people haven't got the money nowadays & also that Wembley Stadium should be for the Final only - Semis should be at a neutral venue, as per in years gone by. With travelling costs, it would have made more sense to play that match at Old Trafford - United v Brighton today, should be played at Villa Park.

Its not about logistics anymore, its about how much money the FA & their sponsers can make from playing as many matches as possible at the National Stadium.

The same goes for UEFA - I remember the 2008 CL Final - We played Chelsea & both clubs tried to get them to change the venue to Wembley Stadium - UEFA weren't having any of it - Both sets of fans had to travel all the way to Moscow. With flight prices, Russian Visas, & all the extra expenses that entailed, it was a total logistical nightmare.

So let's assume we get a Derby FA Cup Final. Where should that be played....Stockport County stadium would make sense.   555

17 hours ago, RedArmy said:

No, i aint going today as i live 6,000 miles away now - 

Yeah I know you do but what stopped you going? The cost? The travel? The fact it's only a semi? A mate here (small business owner) who supports Brighton flew back for it.

I've flown back from Saudi before for a final but I don't condemn anyone who either doesn't want to go or can't afford to go. Yeah we all know United have more fans than City, you're a bigger club etc but it wasn't at capacity yesterday either and that was against a pretty local (hour and half away?) Premier League side.

Archived