The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Think that if you beat utd on wens'

The titles yours

Not convinced we will win - draw not much use. To beat Liverpool we need to win the next 4 which will mean 14 consecutive wins or to put that in perspective, the 2nd best consecutive wins record in the Premier ever. So a tall ask for us. I reckon Liverpool having the 2 points in hand and easier games means they are favourite. I've been saying since before Xmas that the  omens (i slaughtered a chicken) are that this is Liverpool's year - let's  hope I'm  wrong.

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not convinced we will win - draw not much use. To beat Liverpool we need to win the next 4 which will mean 14 consecutive wins or to put that in perspective, the 2nd best consecutive wins record in the Premier ever. So a tall ask for us. I reckon Liverpool having the 2 points in hand and easier games means they are favourite. I've been saying since before Xmas that the  omens (i slaughtered a chicken) are that this is Liverpool's year - let's  hope I'm  wrong.

Wednesdays game could be a tricky one. 

After their dismal performance against Everton they will be pumped up even more going by some of the garbage the likes of Pogba is coming out with. 

I still think you got far too much quality for them. 

7 hours ago, Kadilo said:

After their dismal performance against Everton they will be pumped up even more going by some of the garbage the likes of Pogba is coming out with. 

City to win 1-4.

On 4/20/2019 at 9:45 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Been trying unsuccessfully for weeks to get 4 tickets for this sold out game (the odd returned ticket goes back on sale) and now it's been moved to a Monday night which might help us. Fingers crossed. 

City's penultimate Premier League fixture of the season has been moved from Saturday 4 May to Monday 6 May.

It is the Blues' final home fixture of this unforgettable campaign and was originally scheduled for a lunchtime kick-off on May 4 at 12.30pm.

Now, City will take on the Foxes on Monday, 6 May at 8pm and the game will be screened live on Sky Sports.

The Leicester game sold out months ago so the best we could hope for was 4 seperate tickets spread around the ground. With the game moving to a 'school night' Monday, tickets have been returned today, so ive bagged 2 pairs in opposite stands ...WELL CHUFFED!

23 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Burnley at Turf Moor look better equipped. 

Burnley parked the bus against the Chavs got that point to

secure safety, so now they can play with a bit of freedom

which will suit Man City.

Tonights game has a different feel about it since that appalling

performance Man Utd had at the w/end, very hard to call with 

it being at OT, going on current form Citeh should walk it, but

Utd have got there reputation on the line, their fans must be stuck

between a rock and a hard place knowing that they could potentially

help L/pool win the title, fascinating stuff!

Still think Citeh will just have enough to take the 3 points.

All depends which Utd turn up tonight....if they don't and get thrashed it will simply add a big chunk to the Ole at the wheel summer budget.

Basically he can't really lose tonight....as for City they SHOULD easily win...they are a far better team but they get bogged down into a battle and it could collapse.

I can see a red or three!

8 hours ago, sotsira said:

Burnley parked the bus against the Chavs got that point to

secure safety, so now they can play with a bit of freedom

which will suit Man City.

Tonights game has a different feel about it since that appalling

performance Man Utd had at the w/end, very hard to call with 

it being at OT, going on current form Citeh should walk it, but

Utd have got there reputation on the line, their fans must be stuck

between a rock and a hard place knowing that they could potentially

help L/pool win the title, fascinating stuff!

Still think Citeh will just have enough to take the 3 points.

I don't think they parked the bus, they played some footy to get 2 goals. I think one more point assures them safety. I also think they would be very motivated to have a say in the title outcome, teams are often remembered for games like that.

Yeah that belting from the Ev was the perfect cushioned header for tonight's match!

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Nervy game. ManU set up right and City's 433 struggling with their 352. It's not looking good for us. 

Relax. They are just beginning to work them out. United have only route one to Rashford. City are getting more and more space and beginning to open them up. Just a matter of time. Patience BB. 

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Thank me later. It was only going one way. 

Sane changed the game imo. 

David Silva is a genius. 

Credit to United for keeping going but the gulf in class is huge. 

Respect to you sir, Kadilo. Oh ME of little faith. Every comment correct.

On 4/23/2019 at 7:18 AM, Kadilo said:

I should get paid for this. 

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

TV Forum should get you to do the podcast instead of what's his names Stephens.

Roy Keane after watching the post match interview with Sane and Kompany “ they look like the could go and play again” lol. 

Thought we totally deserved that win. United back to parking the bus and trying to counter. Stress levels down a bit now but still have a job to do. Thought the twists and turns would have already happened but fair do's to both Liverpool and City for maintaining the wins

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Thought we totally deserved that win. United back to parking the bus and trying to counter. Stress levels down a bit now but still have a job to do. Thought the twists and turns would have already happened but fair do's to both Liverpool and City for maintaining the wins

ManU did well first 30 minutes with their 8 in defence/midfield, and Lingard and Rashford were giving us a few problems.

What an excellent 2nd half performance though - very happy with that. Was a bit worried when Fernandinho went off injured but it seem to make us better with a creative midfield of Gundogan holding, Silva and Bernardo moved inside, Sane on and toasting Young and Sterling back on the right-side where he can be effective - we never looked back. Ederson was excellent again, Bernardo MOM AGAIN.

Nice to do the double over the reds - though it's not their derby, apparently. Times like this I always think of Rednose's comment "Not in my lifetime", doh!

Nerves are settled until Liverpool bear Huddersfield and then the pressure back on us to win again at Burnley.

Hope all of you non-City / non-Liverpool fans are enjoying the title race cause it's doing my head in! ????

Wonder how Bob's bottle of red was - corked I hope ????

37 minutes ago, champers said:

Two howlers by De Gea, though I think City would have won anyway. Sane coming on made the difference.

United have a lot of work to do in the Summer. Where to start?

He's not looking too good these days is he. Should have done better for both goals.

It was Sane coming on AND a change of midfield AND Sterling moved to the right (I hate him on the left) that made the difference.

As you say, where do ManU start their rebuild? Great isn't it.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

United back to parking the bus and trying to counter

Agree you deserved it. But let's remember a defensive strategy doesn't = parking the bus. It was working quite well in the first half.

Anyway well done and I hope you win the league. 

16 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Respect to you sir, Kadilo. Oh ME of little faith. Every comment correct.

It's not the first time BB. Must have more confidence in the lads. You must be a 'glass half empty' person.

According to S-Index, the EPL favouite is City to win it by one point.

What an absolute stonking season. If Pool win on Friday it will be 30 changes for top spot.

Archived