The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez i was like a cat on a got tin roof last night @ the end of the arsenal game .. you guys nerves must be goin thru the wringer.. and leicester are decent . and it looks like its getting to the players   a little.. but its defo there .. imo of coarse. Good football tho

3 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Jeez i was like a cat on a got tin roof last night @ the end of the arsenal game .. you guys nerves must be goin thru the wringer.. and leicester are decent . and it looks like its getting to the players   a little.. but its defo there .. imo of coarse. Good football tho

Yeah Leicester are very decent, especially on form at the moment. That's what's worrying me. We need to step it up a notch now

34 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Of all the people. Ladies and gentlemen......Sir Vincent Kompany

A goal worthy of picking up the title, although even I thought 

time was running out and it wasn't going to come.

Leicester just looked too organised at the back throughout the 

match and could have even equalised if it weren't for Ineacheo's

poor effort.

Only Chrissy Houghton's Brighton Boys standing in your way now

don't underestimate them, you saw what they did to Arsenal 

yesterday. ????

Squeaked one! Great goal from the old Captain. For me Leicester was the major hurdle. Nice to have that out of the way. if City can't spank Brighton then they don't deserve it.

:clap2:

6 hours ago, sotsira said:

A goal worthy of picking up the title, although even I thought 

time was running out and it wasn't going to come.

Leicester just looked too organised at the back throughout the 

match and could have even equalised if it weren't for Ineacheo's

poor effort.

Only Chrissy Houghton's Brighton Boys standing in your way now

don't underestimate them, you saw what they did to Arsenal 

yesterday. ????

Yeah I was getting really nervous and thought it just wouldn't come. Vinny has come up trumps so many times in pivitol moments. Amazing Captain and a true City legend.

As you say, Leicester were very organized and just seemed to soak up the pressure. And don't worry, Pep and the boys won't underestimate Brighton. There's too much riding on it

2 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

^^^   i make maguire ATM the best central defender in the prem.

You must be kidding. He should have closed Kompany down instead of standing off and watching. He looks like he is scared of getting hit by the ball. If Man Urd offer £70 mill for him in the summer, I would snatch their hand off.

Evans was excellent, Choudhury and Ntidi not far behind.

On the balance of play, City deserved it. I think nerves got the better of Bernardo Silva and Sane should have started ahead of Foden.

Credit to Leicester for sticking to a good game plan. Shame on Maguire for chickening out.

Very cold and tense in the Etihad last night. Good turn out from Leicester  fans who mostly had their away kit on, doh! All recent games have taken the same pattern and up stepped the unlikeliest in captain bigbonce to blast in (his first shot from outside the box since 2013 i read). What a beauty! Still buzzing but suffering from my Robbies Smooth hangover.

Special photo just for you fans of counting  empty seats (before kickoff ????)

20190506_194647.jpg

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Special photo just for you fans of counting  empty seats (before kickoff ????)

The seats highlighted in yellow are always empty until kick-off. The exits lead right into the Citizen Suite where you get a 4 course meal and drinks etc before kick off. Old City legends also do their mixing with the customers in there. Can't wear football shirts in that area. Then at half time a bit more food and enough time to throw a pint or 2 down before the second half. Quite often they are empty for the first 5 mins into the 2nd half as people down their beverage of choice. The 4 seats circled in red where mine before I came out to Saudi. Boy, I miss those days

Etihad.JPG

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The seats highlighted in yellow are always empty until kick-off. The exits lead right into the Citizen Suite where you get a 4 course meal and drinks etc before kick off. Old City legends also do their mixing with the customers in there. Can't wear football shirts in that area. Then at half time a bit more food and enough time to throw a pint or 2 down before the second half. Quite often they are empty for the first 5 mins into the 2nd half as people down their beverage of choice. The 4 seats circled in red where mine before I came out to Saudi. Boy, I miss those days

Etihad.JPG

Wow, good seats you had right behind the dugout. My clan are season ticket holders in the South Stand, one right at the top where the oxygen masks drop down; noticed one of them has kept the seasonticket going i started with in 1974.

It was full / soldout last night.

34 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Wow, good seats you had right behind the dugout. My clan are season ticket holders in the South Stand, one right at the top where the oxygen masks drop down; noticed one of them has kept the seasonticket going i started with in 1974.

It was full / soldout last night.

They were fantastic seats and much better than the ones I had at Maine Road. They where up in the heavens as well.

As an aside. When I got the tickets for the opening season I got invited to the official stadium launch and one of the souvenirs only us got at that event was the original seeds from the batch sown for the first game. Will cherish them forever

20190507_124739.jpg20190507_124750.jpg

Bernardo MOM AGAIN, as usual, for me. He's absolutely brilliant every game and a joy to watch. Easily, easily our Player of the Season and best and most consistent player in England for me this season.

Got to own up to being in love with Bernardo and two-timing David Silva.

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Nice digital banners, i wonder if they take them to away games.

D56WsQXW0AAAlKq.jpg:large

Have to say i never noticed them and just asked the wife and one of my kids  who sat in the opposite stand who also didn't notice them. Maybe they weren't on display throughout the whole 90 minutes. 

On 5/7/2019 at 12:51 PM, Kadilo said:

Well we roasted the Spuds, so im expecting Ajax to take them to the cleaners. 

:post-4641-1156694572: :post-4641-1156694572: :post-4641-1156694572: :post-4641-1156694572: :post-4641-1156694572: :post-4641-1156694572::post-4641-1156694572::post-4641-1156694572:

Archived